Free upgrade to Windows 10 - what do you think?

Linux, eh?
The few people I know that have a version of Linux like it. Be aware, if you have windows programs you like or have paid for, they may not run on Linux. Also, there may not be drivers written for all your hardware, so that's something you should check into before making the leap. There are various "flavors" of Linux available free. You need to be able to download the Iso and create a boot disk. Some people have been known to put the whole operating system on a bootable USB stick. Like Windows 7, I have a Linux version "Fedora" that I haven't installed yet. Linux in business is mostly used for servers. If and when I have time to install Linux on an extra computer, it will be one of the newer versions, not "Fedora".

brinny

The few people I know that have a version of Linux like it. Be aware, if you have windows programs you like or have paid for, they may not run on Linux. Also, there may not be drivers written for all your hardware, so that's something you should check into before making the leap. There are various "flavors" of Linux available free. You need to be able to download the Iso and create a boot disk. Some people have been known to put the whole operating system on a bootable USB stick. Like Windows 7, I have a Linux version "Fedora" that I haven't installed yet. Linux in business is mostly used for servers. If and when I have time to install Linux on an extra computer, it will be one of the newer versions, not "Fedora".

Thank you for the feedback :)

journey

Why? There's this OS called Linux - leaps and bounds, better performing, more reliable and waaaaaay cooler than Windoze....

That would be your opinion - one that most people disagree with. Regardless, this is off-topic for this thread.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was a windows user for years until I got my 1st MAC. I would not go back to windows.

StanJ

I just got my offer today so I will install it as long as I can reverse out of it should it not be to my liking. It says July 29th is the release date.

journey

I just got my offer today so I will install it as long as I can reverse out of it should it not be to my liking. It says July 29th is the release date.

You can't reverse it unless you do a clean install of your previous operating system. This is one reason why I probably won't upgrade, but I'm waiting for more information.

StanJ

You can't reverse it unless you do a clean install of your previous operating system. This is one reason why I probably won't upgrade, but I'm waiting for more information.

Yeh I figured that, but as I have the OS on an SSD and all my data on a second SATA HDD, I don't think that will be a big problem IF I have to.