Freak Rejects Death, Burial & Resurrection!

Jerry Shugart

Originally posted by doogieduff
My question for you both is...

Matthew 19:17
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

...do you believe in Him?
doggieduff,

After the Lord Jesus told this to the rich man he left.Then the Lord Jesus said that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.His disciples then asked Him:

"Who,then,can be saved?"

And the Lord Jesus answered,saying:

"With man this is impossible,but with God all things are possible"(Mt.19:26).

The Lord is saying that by law-keeping that no man is justified in the sight of God.And if life could be had by "the law" then Christ had died in vain:

"...for if righteousness come by the law,then Christ is dead in vain"(Gal.2:21).

In His grace,--Jerry

Jerry Shugart

Originally posted by doogieduff
Jerry and freak are confused!! This verse talks about God and not Christ.
doggieduff,

It is you who are confused.The Lord Jesus Christ is God!!!

Does the Derby School of Theology teach that the Christ is not God?

In His grace,--Jerry

Freak

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart

doggieduff,

It is you who are confused.The Lord Jesus Christ is God!!!

Does the Derby School of Theology teach that the Christ is not God?

In His grace,--Jerry
:think: Good question and just think doogie is actually learning this stuff from Jeremy. :kookoo:

Freak

doogie posted this:

Jerry and freak are confused!! This verse talks about God and not Christ.

Lion responds with this:

Originally posted by Lion

AWESOME!

:kookoo:

lionman, do you believe Jesus is God?

Jerry Shugart

Earlier I said:
When the Jews asked the Lord what "works" they needed to do so that they could do the works of God,He replied:

"This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent"(Jn.6:29).

Why can't you believe the Lord Jesus?You continue to put your "doctrines" invented by men over what the LOrd Jesus Himself said.Shame,shame shame!!!
The Lord Jesus is saying that the "work" that they should do is to believe "on Him Whom He hath sent"--They are to belive the Lord Jesus Christ Who was sent into the world.

But doggieduff says:
No actually, shame on you. Once again, this verse speaks of God and not Christ.
It was Christ who was sent into the world,and it is Christ Who they are to believe.

In His grace,--Jerry

Jerry Shugart

On another thread doggieduff displays his inability to understand the Scriptures.He said:
Jerry's BIGGEST problem is that he thinks "believing in Him" means believing in Jesus death, burial and resurrection. Well, it doesn't Jerry. No one outside of Paul teaches that, which is why you resort to him post after post.
Perhaps if doggieduff would actually read the Scriptures he would see that what he says is in error.The Apostle Peter spoke of the death,burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus on the day of Pentecost (read Acts2:24-32).

And here we see Peter telling the following to the people of Israel:

"Be it known unto you all,and to all the people of Israel,that by the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazerth,Whom ye crucified,Whom God raised from the dead..."(Acts4:10).

Oh,no,despite the fact that the death,burial and resurrection was preached to the Jews by Peter,doggieduff is under the spell of the Derby School of Theology and says that no one besides Paul preached that message.

Perhaps there is a shortage of Bibles at the Derby School of Theology and no one is able to read what the Scriptures actually say.

In His grace,--Jerry

Freak

Perhaps there is a shortage of Bibles at the Derby School of Theology and no one is able to read what the Scriptures actually say.

In His grace,--Jerry
But I hear there's a surplus of plot materials to read.

Freak

On another thread doggieduff displays his inability to understand the Scriptures.He said:

Perhaps if doggieduff would actually read the Scriptures he would see that what he says is in error.The Apostle Peter spoke of the death,burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus on the day of Pentecost (read Acts2:24-32).

And here we see Peter telling the following to the people of Israel:

"Be it known unto you all,and to all the people of Israel,that by the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazerth,Whom ye crucified,Whom God raised from the dead..."(Acts4:10).

Oh,no,despite the fact that the death,burial and resurrection was preached to the Jews by Peter,doggieduff is under the spell of the Derby School of Theology and says that no one besides Paul preached that message.

In His grace,--Jerry
:up: :up: :up:

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Freak and Acts9_12Out

So for Freak, concerning belief in “the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ”, you
  1. can reject it and still be saved
  2. you must believe it in order to be saved
Of special note, I believe Acts9_12Out allows for salvation for people who are formally ignorant of the gospel message, i.e. there is allowance for salvation who do not understand or never formally heard the gospel message per say, and yet their faith in God may allow then salvation despite their ignorance. This case is especially applicable for the difficult issues of infant death, people with profound mental handicaps, as well as the few who simply may have never heard the good news message unto salvation. Not that this allowance answers all questions about how ignorant people and babies will be determined by God if they are saved or not, but that it seems apparent that there is some allowance for salvation for those who are ignorant.

That issue applies to this discussion by bringing to mind that Jeremy mentioned “the rejection of” the gospel message, which implies he is strictly considering those who have had it presented to them, they presumably understand (the message) and willfully reject it in unbelief. A distinction that I think may prove helpful at some point.

Acts9_12Out
Please verify if my assumption of your view is to whatever extent accurate.

Freak
Please verify that you do or do not have a resolution for the apparent contraction, or simply answer the following two questions for clarification.
  1. If a person today "trusts alone in God," but rejects the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, could that person be saved?
  2. Or is it that you must believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and was bodily resurrected to attain salvation?
Thanks in advance for your thoughtful respectful responses.

Last edited:

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Observations from this discussion.

Jeremy was very clear showing only consistent responses from Freak including the following summary question.
  • (Acts9 said)
    What if a person today "trusts alone in God," but rejects the death, burial and resurrection of Christ? Could that person, like Noah in your example, reject what God commands us to do and still be saved?
And Freak answered
  • (Freak said)
    Yes. God is a covenant keeping God. Noah had a covenant relationship with God and it is eternal.
Freak says you can reject
the death burial and resurrection
and still be saved.

To which Jeremy points out God’s requirements for man’s response to the gospel message.
  • (Acts9 said)
    1 Corinthians 15
    1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
    2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
Oh what a tangled web we weave.
  • (Freak said)
    His implying that I reject the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ is downright silly. I embrace it and preach it. I believe you must believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and was bodily resurrected to attain salvation.
Freak says You can not reject
the death burial and resurrection
and still be saved.
  • (Acts9 said)
    Then why are we still discussing? Why do you answer differently now? If a person must believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and was bodily resurrected to attain salvation, then you agree with me that a person must "do something" besides "having faith alone" in God! So, which is it Freak?
Directly quoting Acts9, Freak responded
  • (Freak said)
    (1) I've already answered your questions. If you're so dense to where you're unable to keep up then perhaps I need to move on. (2) We are justified through faith in Christ--the one who shed blood on a cross, who resurrected from the dead bodily. Under the Old Covenant people were justified by the same God. For there is but One God.
(1) It was the first time Jeremy asked this particular line of questioning, and it was the first time Freak supposedly answered it, yet Freak tries to claim that all has already been answered.

(2) This supposed clarification does not even address the issue of contention and the contradiction of the necessity to accept (you must believe) (verses reject, you can reject) the gospel message of “the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ” for salvation.