Frankin Graham says forgive this guy.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On Fox News this morning Frankin Graham (son of Billy Graham) was asked by the host if we should forgive Virginia Tech murderer Cho Seung-Hui and Franklin responded....

"Of course we should forgive him!"

And we wonder why so many people think Christianity is irrational. :doh:

Please... please... please Christian leaders.... read your Bible's, speak the truth, preach the gospel.... but preach it correctly and with wisdom.

Jesus said....

“Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him." Luke 17:3

Cho, wasn't repentant! He even took the time to make a video and overnight it to media outlets between murders!! You can't forgive that kind of evil! The best thing to do is rejoice that he is suffering in hell for his wickedness.

Love what is good and hate what is evil (Romans 12:9). Cho was/is evil.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Franklin Graham said:
Of course we should forgive him.

:doh:

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Emo

Thanks Frank for distorting the truth.

I wonder what his daddy would say?

Sorry, I must leave now, I'm starting to feel queasy. I'm starting to feel like a liberal pansy!

:sozo2: :vomit:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What an utter fool! I wonder if he thinks God forgave Cho. If not, why should anyone else?

Emo

His father would probably agree with him.

Afterall.... Billy Graham said Bill Clinton would make a good preacher. :rolleyes:

I don't recall, but I'll take your word for it. Could you imagine slick Willy on TBN pleading for donations so he could pray for you and that God would bless you?

When that happens, I'm headed to Canada for some ice fishing.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I don't recall, but I'll take your word for it. Could you imagine slick Willy on TBN pleading for donations so he could pray for you and that God would bless you?

When that happens, I'm headed to Canada for some ice fishing.

LOL, strangely enough, that's really easy for me to imagine. :)

I sure won't win any race to forgive Cho.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Did Jesus wait for the people crucifying Him to repent before He forgave them? We are to be an imitation of Christ; if that is what He did, then I will do my best to follow Him.

azrael777

God has the power to forgive sinners, I dont. Should I cross one such as Cho, forgiveness would not be on my mind.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did Jesus wait for the people crucifying Him to repent before He forgave them? We are to be an imitation of Christ; if that is what He did, then I will do my best to follow Him.

He forgave them for what they didn't know they were doing, i.e. killing their Creator.

Cho knew what he was doing.

Should we just chuck Christ's explicit instructions to only forgive those who repent?

Do you think murder victims in heaven have an attitude of forgiveness or a desire for vengeance towards their unrepentant murderers?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
We are to be an imitation of Christ; if that is what He did, then I will do my best to follow Him.
That sounds very spiritual but in reality you're basically saying, in regards to this situation, you'd rather play God than obey him.

Glenda

That sounds very spiritual but in reality you're basically saying, in regards to this situation, you'd rather play God than obey him.

Jesus said we must forgive to gain forgiveness.
Promoting forgiveness is ultimate obedience.
It's easy to be obedient when everything is comfy, but obedience is required in difficult circumstances.
Love enemies.
Anybody who commits mass murder is not rational. They don't know what they do. Anyone with a healthy thoughts would not consider harming another person.

The command about forgiving a brethren who sins against us is specific to 'brethren' and is a religious relationship issue, because witnesses are to be called on to back up any claims if repentance fails and later the church will be called on if witnesses fail to gain repentance and unrepentant 'brethren' will be discommunicated/treated like a heathen if they are unrepentant. That has nothing to do with generalised forgiveness.

Jesus asked forgiveness for his murderers and said to follow him. Steven also asked forgiveness of his murderers.
Obedience in difficult circumstances is hard. Jesus said they way is hard.
When the Bali bombings happened, the families of the dead were asked if they desired retaliation and the majority stated they wanted violence and killings to stop and they would not condone violent response. They were heartbroken but live in hope of a better world where violence decreases. God is judge ... leave judgement to Him. Hate makes people spiritually and physically ill. Be well. Failing to forgive harms the person who is withholding forgiveness. It does not harm the guilty.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What exactly does Franklin think that "we" are supposed to forgive him for?
I agree. This guy sinned against God and the victims and the families of the victims. We're not in the place to forgive him. Maybe Franklin was talking about if he were in the place of the victims families though. :idunno:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anybody who commits mass murder is not rational. They don't know what they do. Anyone with a healthy thoughts would not consider harming another person.

So if I go steal a pack of gum, can I claim that I didn't know what I was doing and just be forgiven?

God is judge ... leave judgement to Him.

But He does appoint us as judges. Where you aware of this?

1 Corinthians 6:
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?