Fox News Gets Wrong Sex Selection Answer

WizardofOz

:rotfl: I don't usually chase aCW's links because they are often filthy. But, after following Flipper's lead, I laughed at the headline to the graph link.

Scientific Proof that Drug Decriminalization in Portugal Saved Lives and Killed People

:rotfl: Well done, Mr. Keith Humphries, well done. And to you, Flipper :cheers:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I saved this post, which was written by a fellow TOL'er a couple of years ago.

"My oldest daughter became a drug addict at about the age of 16. She dropped out of school and left home at 17. She engaged in those activities necessary to support her habit. She moved in with her boyfriend. One weekend they were babysitting her boyfriends two year old nephew. They Put him to bed and proceeded to snort cocaine etc. They both became almost comatose and therefore did not hear the screams of his nephew. He had gotten up to look out the window and was perched on top of a radiator. His little legs slipped down and became wedged into the radiator. He was stuck there for several hours screaming in agony until he could scream no more. His legs sustained third degree burns. They blamed the child for getting out of bed. Eventually they were married. He joined the military and they brought a child into the world. I tried to keep track of the child by babysitting as much as possible. Often people would call me and ask if I was her grandmother and would I come and get her since they had cared for her for days and couldn't find her mother.
My grandchild was sexually abused and suffered an inability to concentrate and/or get along with others. My daughter was an extremely dangerous person and threatened to kill me and other family members if we showed the slightest negativity to her.
She went through treatment six times. She told me later it was a "One month vacation where I met more dealers!"
She received Social Security benefits for about a year. This was supposed to enable her to care for her young son. All of the money was used for drugs.
She has required many costly hospitalizations due to inflections from shooting up. She almost lost her arm because of it.
Her heart has been severly damaged because of systemic infections from drug use. She has had two heart valve replacements and continues to use.
She has cost society well over a million dollars in all of her care."

As you all can see, this post has been "statistic free" and deals with the reality of drug life, something drug pushers (the bottom feeders of a society, i.e. an opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others) can't relate to.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I bet there are even more horror stories involving alcoholism.

There are way too many Flipper (Ralphie the pusher will spend the next few days looking them up) All the more reason not to legalize something that inherently alters your behavior.

While I know that most dopers are good with numbers (dealing with grams and the exchange of dirty money on a daily basis) I just want to make sure that they don't get 3rd degree burns mixed up with things that their used to being charged with (like 1st degree child molestation, 1st degree murder, etc.).

When dealing with burns (as in the case of the 2 year old boy that was neglected by drug addicts), the higher the degree, the more severe the burn.

citi-bank3-031-400x296.jpg

WizardofOz

All this proves is that aCW will post anything that agrees with him as evidence. He doesn't scrutinize his sources. He doesn't omit them if they are guilty of bias or simply terrible data gathering methods.

If it agrees with his preconceived notions; if it agrees with his conclusions, he will scour the web to find "facts" that agree with him.

In short, :mock: aCW
Scientific Proof that Drug Decriminalization in Portugal Saved Lives and Killed People

As alaCarte as ever

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
All this proves is that aCW will post anything that agrees with him as evidence. He doesn't scrutinize his sources. He doesn't omit them if they are guilty of bias or simply terrible data gathering methods.

If it agrees with his preconceived notions; if it agrees with his conclusions, he will scour the web to find "facts" that agree with him.

In short, :mock: aCW

As alaCarte as ever

Come down from your dope high and look at that chart again Ralphie (the pusher).
http://www.samefacts.com/2010/10/dr...on-in-portugal-saved-lives-and-killed-people/

Keith Humphreys was using sarcasm when he was talking about the first chart by the EMCDDA.

As anyone can see, drug deaths were in decline when Portugal decriminalized drug usage. The amount of drug related deaths were cut in half for close to 5 years, but they soon increased to almost the same level as before.

As anyone can see (that isn't high on dope and pushing the pro dope agenda), criminalization isn't a "fix all".

Now that we've gotten past yet another "smokescreen" by Ralphie (the pusher), let's look at the realities of life again: "Domestic violence and drug abuse".
http://www.drug-alcohol-addiction-recovery.com/domestic-violence.html

While Ralphie (the pusher) loves to "compartmentalise" sinful behavior (he tries to show that drug and alcohol abuse are separate categories, when often times they're tied in together), he's avoiding the truth, like all Libertarians do.

Empowering sinful behavior is not the answer, accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior is.

WizardofOz

Come down from your dope high and look at that chart again Ralphie (the pusher).
http://www.samefacts.com/2010/10/dr...on-in-portugal-saved-lives-and-killed-people/

Keith Humphreys was using sarcasm when he was talking about the first chart by the EMCDDA.

As anyone can see, drug deaths were in decline when Portugal decriminalized drug usage. The amount of drug related deaths were cut in half for close to 5 years, but they soon increased to almost the same level as before.

:doh: You are an absolute dolt. He's using sarcasm when talking about both sides. He is addressing you in yellow.

Here are the most recent data available from the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, which address drug-related deaths in Portugal. Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001, and these factually accurate data can be used to prove that Portugal’s policy has been a complete success or a complete failure, assuming the analyst has no intellectual integrity. EMCDDA is one of those annoying organizations that provides full information without political spin, so clearly you can’t rely on the chart the way they print it up

If on the other hand you are trying to land a job at the Draconian Foundation, you want to edit differently, as I have done in the chart below this paragraph. By adding back in the 1999-2000 data and deleting 2002-2006, you can use the remaining data to show that the effect of decriminalization was to reverse a pre-existing decline in drug-related deaths.

Final words of wisdom to both sides: Describe the policy as legalization rather than decriminalization — no sense stopping at one
misrepresentation when your ideological agenda is at stake!

He is mocking people who use the chart you provided as evidence and you're too thick to realize it. "No intellectual integrity" and "misrepresentation", that is what Humphreys is saying about you.

Keep digging. :rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ya know, Closet Case is often quite dense, but this takes his stupidity and absolute tone deafness to a new level.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here are the most recent data available from the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, which address drug-related deaths in Portugal. Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001, and these factually accurate data can be used to prove that Portugal’s policy has been a complete success or a complete failure,...

Which was it Ralphie (the pusher), a complete success or a complete failure?

It's yet another smokescreen by a God-hating Libertarian that wants drugs to be legalized.

"Legalize and tax medical marijuana. If a state wants to legalize marijuana they should have that right. If a state wants to outlaw bath salts or meth, let them. There should be no federal mandate.

You're so doped up that you don't even realize what you wrote here.

Who should "legalize and tax medical marijuana"? Does a state have a supposed "right" to legalize a drug that is in the news recently because a guy while high on it, ate the face off another man?

Libertarians are "Social Darwinists".

"This is not “The Wealth of Nations” or the “Second Treatise on Government.” It is Social Darwinism. It is the arrogance of the strong. It is contempt for the vulnerable and suffering.
The conservative alternative to libertarianism is necessarily more complex. It is the teaching of classical political philosophy and the Jewish and Christian traditions that true liberty must be appropriate to human nature. The freedom to enslave oneself with drugs is the freedom of the fish to live on land, or the freedom of birds to inhabit the ocean — which is to say, it is not freedom at all. Responsible, self-governing citizens do not grow wild like blackberries. They are cultivated in institutions — families, religious communities and decent, orderly neighborhoods. And government has a limited but important role in reinforcing social norms and expectations — including laws against drugs and against the exploitation of men and women in the sex trade."
http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...s-legalizing-heroin-1374192.php#ixzz1YLgL3wG1

Back beneath the rock whence you came drug pusher.

dinner.jpg

WizardofOz

Which was it Ralphie (the pusher), a complete success or a complete failure?

:doh: You still have not read your source?! Is was (is) neither a "complete" failure or success.

You dont even realize that Keith Humphreys is mocking you. He mocked anyone who uses such data. He offered those graphs as being misrepresentations saying anyone who used them "lacked intellectual integrity", yet you copied and pasted it anyway.

You have no intellectual integrity and you are oblivious to what your own source is saying about you. Your stupidity has reached new heights.

Who should "legalize and tax medical marijuana"? Does a state have a supposed "right" to legalize a drug that is in the news recently because a guy while high on it, ate the face off another man?

Bath salts are not yet illegal. Shouldn't a state have a "supposed right" to outlaw it?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh: You still have not read your source?! Is was (is) neither a "complete" failure or success.

You dont even realize that Keith Humphreys is mocking you. He mocked anyone who uses such data. He offered those graphs as being misrepresentations saying anyone who used them "lacked intellectual integrity", yet you copied and pasted it anyway.

You have no intellectual integrity and you are oblivious to what your own source is saying about you. Your stupidity has reached new heights.

Ralphie is yet on another one of his obsessive compulsive disorder rants. (Just say no to meth Ralphie)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978745/

Since you're obsessed with Portugal, why don't you find out if the junkie death rate is still escalating after 2007.

Bath salts are not yet illegal. Shouldn't a state have a "supposed right" to outlaw it?

Or in a Libertarian's twisted view of "states rights", the authority to legalize meth.

I'll ask you the same question I ask other Paulbot Dopertarians throughout the web:

"What grounds (constitutionally) do the states have for legalizing things like abortion, homosexuality and recreational drug use?

Arthur Brain

Ralphie is yet on another one of his obsessive compulsive disorder rants. (Just say no to meth Ralphie)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978745/

Since you're obsessed with Portugal, why don't you find out if the junkie death rate is still escalating after 2007.

Or in a Libertarian's twisted view of "states rights", the authority to legalize meth.

I'll ask you the same question I ask other Paulbot Dopertarians throughout the web:

"What grounds (constitutionally) do the states have for legalizing things like abortion, homosexuality and recreational drug use?

Connie, as Flipper, Wiz & Granite have pointed out, your own source is arguing against you! :doh:
Are you seriously so darn dense as not to see that? If you can't scrutinize your own sources properly then it's your own fault and you deserve being ridiculed for it. It's basic 101...

:duh:

WizardofOz

States cannot currently legalize abortion thanks to the federal government via Roe v Wade. States cannot currently criminalize homosexuality thanks to the federal government via Lawrence v. Texas

If you think they do not have the right to legalize/criminalize recreational drugs, make your case. The burden is on you.

Will you argue that Miami-Dade County is acting unconstitutionally by banning the sale of bath-salts?

Commissioners of Miami-Dade County have given preliminary approval to outlaw the sale of “bath salts,” the synthetic drug that is believed to be linked to a spate of violent, cannibalistic “zombie attacks” in the past month.

source

Do they, or do they not, have to right to ban the sale of bath-salts?

Be sure to check your sources this time, alaCarte.