Foul Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse logged into the accounts of his family members and negged a bunch of people over a dozen times.
Myself, Granite, and BillyBob where all negged in this fashion.
We hardly lost any points, though, so I don't know why LH wasted the effort.

Coming from him, this doesn't suprise me a bit. I don't see his negative reps because he is on ignore ...

I have to wonder though, what is with the mindset of getting THAT outraged over ppl that disagree with someone else? Is this not a debate or discussion board?

Newman

I don't think I've ever neg repped anybody...
Most of my neg reps come from Nick M.
And I haven't even conversed with him! :chuckle:

Oh, fun stuff.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think I've ever neg repped anybody...
Most of my neg reps come from Nick M.
And I haven't even conversed with him! :chuckle:

Oh, fun stuff.

Yep, alot of mine have come from him too, LOL

Infieri

Might I suggest that it could be to the overall advantage of the site's atmosphere to remove negative rep altogether (as, in my experience, it tends to promote ill conduct and poor interpersonal relations) while simply leaving the option for positive rep? In such a case it is still possible to give a virtual "high five" or "thumbs up" to posters of well-crafted comments while at the same time lessening the ability to spitefully deride and verbally abuse members in a display of immaturity behind the public scene of the forum. After all, if any member has a valid criticism of a post, it should be given publicly and with sufficient demonstration of reason.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Might I suggest that it could be to the overall advantage of the site's atmosphere to remove negative rep altogether (as, in my experience, it tends to promote ill conduct and poor interpersonal relations) while simply leaving the option for positive rep? In such a case it is still possible to give a virtual "high five" or "thumbs up" to posters of well-crafted comments while at the same time lessening the ability to spitefully deride and verbally abuse members in a display of immaturity behind the public scene of the forum. After all, if any member has a valid criticism of a post, it should be given publicly and with sufficient demonstration of reason.

That's an excellent suggestion. I prefer responding to someone ON THE BOARD and challenging a point rather than using a rep system to call names behind the scenes.

asilentskeptic

I like the system we have in place. I have gotten both negative and positive reps, but I will admit that I haven't gotten any "coordinated" negative rep attacks.
I rarely give negative reputation points. If I do give them, it isn't because I disagree with someone. If I disagree with someone, I will tell them why and be done with it (and if they disagree with logic and grace, I will give them a positve rep). That is the whole purpose of a discussion forum. Discussing... in a forum...

I only give negative reps to people that meet certain criteria.
1. Stupid thickheadedness
2. Social ineptness (consistant name calling fits in here)
3. Bad Taste

They have to meet all three before I will consider neg-repping. Some people can have a post that fits all three, but it is a rare thing. I disagree with a large number of people here. It isn't the disagreements I dislike (if it was, I would go "discuss" things elsewhere). It is a vindictive smug attitude followed by name-calling and shallowness that leads to negative points from me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I give it out for complete foolishness, or complete evil, like Jinkx.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I give it out for complete foolishness, or complete evil, like Jinkx.

LOL...yea right. IF you are really a man and not a little temper throwing child then feel free to debate me out in the OPEN in this forum, Nick.

I think it is cowardly that you choose to go behind the scenes and tell me you can't wait till I burn in hell and call names. IF you feel that way, start a new thread and publically state WHY you feel that way.

I would specifically like to know just what crimes or bad behaviour you think I am committing that causes such a reaction from you.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
First off, this was over a year ago. And secondly it had nothing to do with my being angry. BillyBob got it because he was being a child by neg repping me as many times a day as he could. And others got it because they deserve it, period. Their interactions with me were irrelevant.

On a board like this, you'd think some of these people would want to be in the negative, so the newbies would know that they don't agree with the TOL staff.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
First off, this was over a year ago.

And you haven't matured one bit since.

And secondly it had nothing to do with my being angry.

No, it had to do with you being a needy buttkissing moron hiding behind other people's accounts.

BillyBob got it because he was being a child by neg repping me as many times a day as he could.
You are a lying little toad.

You logged onto accounts that were supposedly owned by your Father and other morons and neg repped me with all of them.

I never complained, I just neg repped you right back.

Do you even realize how much you are disliked at this website? You are smarmy little buttkissing retard who deserves every derisive comment and neg rep sent your way.

Stop being such a whiney loser and grow up.....if you can.

:loser:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thats real cute, Lighthouse. I make a comment about you, and suddenly I have a dozen neg reps by people I've never even heard of.
Real mature, buddy.

Real Sorceror explain something to me, how is it when I click on you "Real Mature, buddy" in the above link or here my profile editing, etc. side bar with my subscription list and and rep comments come up?

I'm not one for handing out neg reps for the fun of it, and do not remember neg repping you.

If you linked to my profile/subscription page in error or to use are Psalmist as an example, please explain why, and edit your post to fix it.

That's​
- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Real Sorceror explain something to me, how is it when I click on you "Real Mature, buddy" in the above link or here my profile editing, etc. side bar with my subscription list and and rep comments come up?

I'm not one for handing out neg reps for the fun of it, and do not remember neg repping you.

If you linked to my profile/subscription page in error or to use are Psalmist as an example, please explain why, and edit your post to fix it

It comes up as your own User CP for all of us. Nobody can see yours.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And you haven't matured one bit since.

No, it had to do with you being a needy buttkissing moron hiding behind other people's accounts.

You are a lying little toad.

You logged onto accounts that were supposedly owned by your Father and other morons and neg repped me with all of them.

I never complained, I just neg repped you right back.

Do you even realize how much you are disliked at this website? You are smarmy little buttkissing retard who deserves every derisive comment and neg rep sent your way.

Stop being such a whiney loser and grow up.....if you can.

:loser:
Quit being a baby Matt. You're a pathetic little fool who thinks he's smarter than anyone else, and all you are is a child in a man's body. Nobody acts as childish as you.

I politely asked you to stop making gay jokes about me, because I was getting tired of them. And you whined: :baby:No! I don't want to!:baby: So I asked Knight to ask you to stop. And I only did that because I figured you'd listen to him. And you still didn't. After that anything that happened wasn't my decision. You ignored Knight and he dealt with it. I never went back to Knight after I asked him to tell you to stop. And then you spent every day for months spreading rep around so you could neg rep me three times a day. If that isn't childish, nothing is.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Quit being a baby Matt.

You're the one who is whining. :baby:

I'm laughing my head off! :darwinsm:

You're a pathetic little fool who thinks he's smarter than anyone else,

I am most definitely smarter than you! :mock: Toolhouse

:darwinsm:

and all you are is a child in a man's body.

This coming from a hunk of lard, overweight pansy who has never even been with a woman!

Nobody acts as childish as you.

I politely asked you to stop making gay jokes about me, because I was getting tired of them. And you whined: :baby:No! I don't want to!:baby: So I asked Knight to ask you to stop. And I only did that because I figured you'd listen to him. And you still didn't. After that anything that happened wasn't my decision. You ignored Knight and he dealt with it. I never went back to Knight after I asked him to tell you to stop. And then you spent every day for months spreading rep around so you could neg rep me three times a day. If that isn't childish, nothing is.

If you don't like it, why don't you just go run to the mods and Knight and report me like you always do, you little moron?

And ask your Daddy [if you actually have one] if you can use his account and neg rep me some more. :darwinsm:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
This coming from a hunk of lard, overweight pansy who has never even been with a woman!
And I'm the one being a child?

You resort to attacks about people's sex lives, when you know absolutely nothing about them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and it's none of your business. So stuff a sock in it, and keep your mouth shut. Don't communicate with me anymore. You're nothing but a fat waste of time. So keep it to yourself, and stay away from me.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
And I'm the one being a child?

You resort to attacks about people's sex lives, when you know absolutely nothing about them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and it's none of your business. So stuff a sock in it, and keep your mouth shut. Don't communicate with me anymore. You're nothing but a fat waste of time. So keep it to yourself, and stay away from me.

:baby:

Status
Not open for further replies.