ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Post 4355996
If you didn't defend what you believe that wouldn't be right. It's like being called in to accounting.

You should be able to give chapter and verse for what you believe; for those who say I think it says, or somewhere in the Bible it says, that is being a very poor student of God's word.

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

So stand and be counted, know those Scriptures, be ready to give a defense of the hope that is in you.
Why do you single out Jesus' servant for speaking her conviction, and you denouncing it as being judgmental and it is ok with you?

Christianity is not popularity nor majority based faith.

It is clear that I am the most judgmental just because I don't agree with the majority nor any organizations.

I forgive your for you unfair and biased judgments.
Post 4355996 does not single you out, nor anyone else, your are not even named.

Post 4355996 is directed at all any who read it; it a post to encourage the the reader to be a better student of God's word.

We should not be lax about Bible study, but be diligent in handling the Scriptures, I read posts that a lot smarter than I am, that make me look like a beginner, and some of them are not saved and they show scriptural presence that would cause me to start digging deeper into the scriptures.

As for singling out, the Holy Spirit is best at it delving into our personal and shining God's on what we need to take of or bring blesses when we stand for Jesus, the Gospel, and what is truth.

If you feel singled out, there must be some conviction about something.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Forgiveness of self and others as the Lord's Prayer teaches us.

Jesus' God wants "mercy, not sacrifice." Both Jesus and John the Baptizer believed in a God of mercy who wants sinners to have repentance and a contrite heart. Jesus never believed in spilling blood on a priestly altar for some sacrificial rite to forgive sin.

He forgave plenty of folks long before he bled out on the cross.

The sacrifical system was the reason Jesus symbolically attacked the temple system in Jerusalem during his last week. He saw the temple as a "house of prayer" and not as a blood-letting enterprise.

His sensibilities would have been greatly offended to learn he was being regarded as the unblemished Lamb of God led to slaughter as John's gospel describes. Also, the eating of his body and drinking his blood. Even though this was a metaphor, Jesus would have been disgusted.

God's Truth

Are the words of Paul's that I quoted from his letter to the Philippians fact or not? Yes, they are. Meshak's belief agrees with Paul's statement regardless of whether she upholds Paul or not and there is nothing wrong with me pointing that out. It doesn't mean that I am defending evil.

We have to believe and obey Jesus. If you are judging others as condemned as Meshak has done to Paul, then how do you think she is obeying Jesus?

I am not going to let you drag this on and talk about Meshak. This is enough.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We have to believe and obey Jesus. If you are judging others as condemned as Meshak has done to Paul, then how do you think she is obeying Jesus?

I am not going to let you drag this on and talk about Meshak. This is enough.
When you advocate "obeying Jesus" are you advocating:

1.Selling all and giving to the poor?
2.Treat others without judging?
3.Do not elevate making money above God?
4.Loving your enemies?
5.Not praying in public?
6.Giving to everyone who begs from you?

God's Truth

When you advocate "obeying Jesus" are you advocating:

4.Loving your enemies?
5.Not praying in public?

How many times does this have to be explained to you?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
How many times does this have to be explained to you?
I have not yet seen it explained. Automatic emails to me about folks who comment on my postings don't happen anymore since I hitched up with this site again.

What, specifically did you say? I obviously missed it, or else did read it and was totally dense when I did so. Please have back at me and explain yourself again.

Thanks in advance!

God's Truth

I have not yet seen it explained. Automatic emails to me about folks who comment on my postings don't happen anymore since I hitched up with this site again.

What, specifically did you say? I obviously missed it, or else did read it and was totally dense when I did so. Please have back at me and explain yourself again.

Thanks in advance!

Jesus did not advocate worldwide homelessness.
Those who were traveling minister like Jesus, they are the ones who were told to do that.

We are not to judge hypocritically.

God is to more important than anything or anyone.

4.Loving your enemies?

Do you have a problem with that?

5.Not praying in public?

Is that a problem for you?

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Jesus did not advocate worldwide homelessness.
Those who were traveling minister like Jesus, they are the ones who were told to do that.
It is Jesus' teaching that everyone should follow. There is no skin in the game when all you think you have to do is repeat and believe some ancient theological statements made about Jesus after he died.

Jesus never, never EVER advocated for worldwide homelessness.
Where are you getting this ridiculous notion from? I don't accept it and Jesus, I believe, didn't either.

We are not to judge hypocritically.
Where have you been? The Bible says Jesus was not faint of heart about pointing out human hypocrisy. If you somehow believe you are above other human beings in this regard, your life will probably always be an unhappy one. I can easily be accountable for my own hypocrisy, racism, bigotry and sins. What prevents you from doing the same?

And pray tell me how you have managed to not judge anything or anyone--even hypocritically.

You say that God is above all, even money. I am confused. People may claim that as believing they are good Christians but they stand fast for capitalism and believing that anyone can make it successfully and at the same time putting down the destitute.

4.Loving your enemies?

Do you have a problem with that?
I don't see evidence of this at all--particularly among Christians. In fact, the bitter irony is that I see serious nonviolent protest and action among atheists, secularists and humanists. It is THEY who seem to be helping the Kingdom of God on earth these days.

5.Not praying in public?

Is that a problem for you?
It is a problem for the church, not to me. It is all a part of Jesus' teachings about hypocrisy.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
I see a lot of homeless and I try to do something for them, even if it is only a sympathetic ear. I know where the shelters are and I ask them if they feel safe when they are sleeping. My daughter gave me the idea of carrying protein bars in the car and giving them out unconditionally to people on the side of the road who are begging. My wife and I carry them with us as well.

I don't want this country to start looking like Calcutta. I want the homeless and the destitute taken care of.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The church is coming to realize that "action-based" faith is a real moral challenge to "belief-based" faith. It is more important to treat others with an open heart rather than believe something like "Jesus died for our sins" or "I am saved and going to heaven."

Jesus thought Heaven was fine and could take care of itself. It's here on EARTH where the problems are.

We need to beware of finding a Jesus that is congenial to us.
It's not easy picking up one's cross and following him. And it's too damned easy to sit above it all and memorize statements of ancient theology made up by men after he died.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"...he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked."

It's Matthew's version that really challenges us:

"...The Father makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous as well as the unrighteous."

Jesus' God, unlike the Christian God, plays no favorites and treats everyone the same.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Post 4355996

Post 4355996 does not single you out, nor anyone else, your are not even named.

Take a look at your thread title.

You surely singled me out.

Who do you think you are fooling? No one, sir.

I forgive you for your dishonestly.

heir

TOL Subscriber
In the New Covenant of his blood, we are to forgive to be forgiven.
In the dispensation of the grace of God we are forgiven all trespasses 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV and forgive another even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven us (Ephesians 4:32 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul did what he could to be obedient. He wasn't perfect but he still strived.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do you single out Jesus' servant

You're certainly NOT a True Believer (Jesus servant) You deny Paul's
Gospel and have referred to him as an 'anti-Christ.' You trust in the
books of Matthew and Mark and reject the rest of God's written word.

You're not a 'True Christian Believer.' You only 'think' you are.

heir

TOL Subscriber
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:5-11

Yeshua doesn't live in disobedience, Tottie. So, obedience is part of remaining in Yeshua and those who do not think so will be picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. It's called throwing your salvation away.
We in the Body of Christ are saved (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV, Romans 5:9 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV) and sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV)!

You preach an other gospel than that which Paul preached unto us!

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Report Paul.