ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

IMJerusha

I can be sure it wasn't an insult though like you seem to think it was.

Once upon a time, it was a word that called up respect and tenderness. What Europeans used it to call up has nothing to do with either respect or tenderness and through the years that has pretty much stuck though there is a movement to dispel that taint.

Anyway, what is your stance on forgiving and forgiveness? It's fuzzy.

IMJerusha

It's no where near what I posted.

Just for you, since I know you have a hard time reading right.

Both you and Hitler don't/didn't get what upsets folks so much about obedience.

Here's the post:

Well, that's random. Do you often project Hitler into your understanding of things or just when context escapes you?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul did what he could to be obedient. He wasn't perfect but he still strived. What's your issue with someone seeking obedience to Yeshua? Isn't that the same thing as seeking to be like Yeshua? Was Yeshua a hypocrite? No. I don't get what upsets folks so much about obedience.

My issue is that it is a lying gospel, Jesus nor anybody else ever said you must obey my commands to be saved.

That is a gospel that scatters instead of gathers. People hear they have to obey Jesu's commands and are more honest that streuth they KNOW it is impossible...so they don't give it another thought.

And if any are hurting, there are plenty of folks around you who are hurting bad

They want to know "This Jesus...is He any good?....will He help me....I'm hurting so bad"

meshak/streuth comes along and breaks their heart by saying "you must obey"

We reach out our hands and say "only believe, if thou canst only believe ALL things are possible to him who believeth"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Once upon a time, it was a word that called up respect and tenderness. What Europeans used it to call up has nothing to do with either respect or tenderness and through the years that has pretty much stuck though there is a movement to dispel that taint.

Anyway, what is your stance on forgiving and forgiveness? It's fuzzy.

Well, that's random. Do you often project Hitler into your understanding of things or just when context escapes you?

Wow. How rude.

IMJerusha

My issue is that it is a lying gospel, Jesus nor anybody else ever said you must obey my commands to be saved.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." Yeshua doesn't lie, nor does He walk in sin. So, when He declared that we are to follow Him, what exactly do you think we are to do, follow Him in sin? Nope.

That is a gospel that scatters instead of gathers.

How is following Yeshua in obedience going to scatter instead of gather? If we are for Him, we follow Him in obedience because we love Him and obey His commands. If we are against Him, we walk in continued sin. No one who knows Him or has known Him would do that.

People hear they have to obey Jesu's commands and are more honest that streuth they KNOW it is impossible...so they don't give it another thought.

You mean, people want their ears tickled. Well, of course they do. They certainly don't want to be held responsible for their sin.

And if any are hurting, there are plenty of folks around you who are hurting bad

They want to know "This Jesus...is He any good?....will He help me....I'm hurting so bad"

Yes well, Scripture tells us there are consequences to sin. If there weren't, what need of Yeshua?

meshak/streuth comes along and breaks their heart by saying "you must obey"

Yeah, Yeshua's Word is tough to take right along with the understanding that it was our sin that put Him on the Cross.

We reach out our hands and say "only believe, if thou canst only believe ALL things are possible to him who believeth"

And nothing about striving to be obedient to God's Will dismisses that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." Yeshua doesn't lie, nor does He walk in sin. So, when He declared that we are to follow Him, what exactly do you think we are to do, follow Him in sin? Nope.

How is following Yeshua in obedience going to scatter instead of gather? If we are for Him, we follow Him in obedience because we love Him and obey His commands. If we are against Him, we walk in continued sin. No one who knows Him or has known Him would do that.

You mean, people want their ears tickled. Well, of course they do. They certainly don't want to be held responsible for their sin.

Yes well, Scripture tells us there are consequences to sin. If there weren't, what need of Yeshua?

Yeah, Yeshua's Word is tough to take right along with the understanding that it was our sin that put Him on the Cross.

Because you don't, not to the standard of earning salvation by your followings and your obeyings.

If your followings and your obeyings were the criteria whereby you are judged saved or unsaved then you are lost.

Stop lying...stop spreading this lying gospel.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because you don't, not to the standard of earning salvation by your followings and your obeyings.

If your followings and your obeyings were the criteria whereby you are judged saved or unsaved then you are lost.

how can you say she is lying?

you just don't agree with her

you don't agree with me
do you think I am lying?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Following Him, is by believing Him and trusting Him for Salvation, instead of ourselves. You know abiding in the vine, complete trust, like a little child.

You know a little child trusts that his/her parent can and will take care of them.

John 6:28-29

No one is held responsible for their sin. Thats the good news. Those that go to hell, are there because they reject what He did for them, sin has already been paid for, all of it.

The consequences of sin for the next life have been paid for, we still have consequences for sin in this life, we still die physically and we still reap what we sow.

His yoke is easy and His burden light. I only hear its hard work from you, GT, meshak and people like that who kill themselves trying to do what they cant.

Nothing wrong with striving to do whats right, but when you believe it has anything to do with salvation, thats where you err gravely.

All the obedience on earth wont save anyone.

IMJerusha

It is belief in Yeshua that brings salvation and obedience is engendered by that belief. John put it simply. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:6
Yeshua put it more plainly, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21 That isn't a false message, Tottie.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is belief in Yeshua that brings salvation and obedience is engendered by that belief. John put it simply. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:6
Yeshua put it more plainly, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21 That isn't a false message, Tottie.

:)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

But YOU sin so where does your interpretation of this scripture leave you?

And you are not abiding in Him which makes me even more certain that you are overcome.

I abide, I got the victory. Victory comes from abiding...but you have ceased to abide, you are looking to yourself again.

THAT'S how I know.