For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
And have tasted the powers of the world to come....indeed. So it seems Joels prophecy concerns what will happen to israel from pentecost until the 2nd coming. Thanks Randy.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And have tasted the powers of the world to come....indeed. So it seems Joels prophecy concerns what will happen to israel from pentecost until the 2nd coming. Thanks Randy.

Yeah, no doubt about that. He describes events and then says: "...before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord."

Thank YOU, voltaire.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, no doubt about that. He describes events and then says: "...before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord."

Thank YOU, voltaire.

Of course, we are also saved from the wrath to come. You post tribers, have fun. :rapture:

SaulToPaul 2

∅2L84U;2211459 said:
:confused:

But, those things are not happening now.

It's important to grasp Israel's feast days, then we can see that Peter skipped right over this current "church age".

1 Passover (fulfilled)
2 Unleavened Bread (fulfilled)
3 First Fruits (fulfilled)
4 Pentecost (fulfilled)

5 Trumpets (future)
6 Day of Atonement (future)
7 Tabernacles (future)

Peter's words go from #4 right to #5-7.

We are in an unprophesied time, between 4 and 5.

Hope this helps.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2211459 said:

You're definitely ight.

We see the dispensation of grace as something that was not foretold. The foretold plan was for the Joel prophecy to unfold, leading to the day of the Lord and the kingdom. So that's what voltaire was talking about. Picture a timeline without the insertion of the unforetold dispensation of grace. Then Voltaire's statement, with which I agreed, makes sense. Prophecies, miracles, etc. would be prevalent during that time period. But it all got interrupted as God instituted (I never know if that's the best word to use) the Body of Christ and phased out those over a relatively short period of time.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Thats right 2late4u. It appears that Joels prophecy has been put on hold. Any guess as to when that happened?

SaulToPaul 2

Well said, STP.

Thanks, Bro.

I think understanding the Feast Days is the single most important factor in distinguishing Prophecy from Mystery.

We know that Peter and the Eleven, in Acts 2, were looking for the soon fulfillment of Days 5-7. But, they did not come.

Paul's letters show us without a doubt WHY they did not come.

Acts 9 is unquestionably the beginning of something unprophesied.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2211459 said:

Jeremiah 18. Prophecy concering a Kingdom is being withheld due to rebellion.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
As a MidActster I just wanted to make an interesting observation in the form of a rhetorical question.

If Peter and the other apostles had believed that Christ's death and resurrection had freed them from all obligation to the Law as given by Moses, and had tried to preach a Pauline style "gospel of the uncircumscision" throught Israel, what kind of success would they have had?

The answer I believe, is that they would have had no success at all, and would have been a great detriment to God's plans. They would not have been taken seriously anywhere in Israel, even by jews who may have been sincerely seeking God, for they would have been seen as heretics, no better than heathen gentiles. And so we have the "transition period" of both sets of believers in Christ co-existing in the early stages of Christianity. The uncircumscision, having never been burdened with the law were free from it, and the circumscision, living as jews and evangelising to the jewish nation, still observing the Law, but being sanctified by their faith in Christ.
:thumb:

H.E.A.T.

Thank you chickenman! I have perused TOL for many years now, but have almost never posted. Just don't seem to have the time. Also, I'm not particularly adept at posting on forums to begin with.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lets talk about Romans 11:11, Genesis 12 blessing and cursing, and how Jesus dealt with Gentiles in Israel while he was in the flesh.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2209964 said:
1. Did the Holy Spirit dwell in those after Christ's resurrection (Pentecost, Stephen, and so on) as He does in the Body of Christ? If not, what is the difference.

Back to #1, now...

I'm really not totally sure how to answer this. The Holy Spirit dwelt in those who believed at Pentecost. The Holy Spirit dwells in us (members of the Body). The purpose of that indwelling Spirit was/is, in some respects the same. Some commonalities, as I see it, are:
  • He comforts (John 14:26; Rom. 8:26)
  • He teaches (John 14:26; I Cor. 2:10)
We could also speak GENERALLY and say that He empowers both us in the body and them back at Pentecost. But the empowering isn't the same, for sure. They were empowered by the Spirit to heal the lame, cast out demons, and to not be harmed by any deadly drink (among other things). We in the Body of Christ, after the casting away of Israel, are not empowered to operate that way.

A purpose of the Spirit for us is that He seals us in Christ for the day of redemption. I don't see that He did anything like that for Israel. In fact, they were told that they had to endure faithfully to the end in order to receive the promise and to be saved (Matt. 23:13; Heb. 10:35-36).

So while there are similarities, there are stark differences, as well.

I'd love to hear some other MidActs'ers' opinions on this subject.

Thanks,
Randy

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Im not sure the Holy Spirit indwelt the believers at pentecost. I think it was more akin to possession. They were filled with the Spirit and they were enabled to do miraculous works. In the same way that alcohol overwhelms your self control and takes over your mind, The Spirit overwhelmed and took over the church that had gathered in the upper room at pentecost. Thats just my opninion.

Sozo again

I have not forgotten about this, it's just that my wife has been too busy to go through the new posts with me, and I promised her I'd do this with her.

Sozo again

"Take notice that our brother Timothy has been released, with whom, if he comes soon, I shall see you." Heb 13:23

Is this a different Timothy, than the Timothy Paul wrote his letters to? If so, what makes you think that?

SaulToPaul 2

"Take notice that our brother Timothy has been released, with whom, if he comes soon, I shall see you." Heb 13:23

Is this a different Timothy, than the Timothy Paul wrote his letters to? If so, what makes you think that?

:wave2:

It could be the same Timothy, probably is. But, we know that Paul didn't write Hebrews.

Hebrews 2
3: How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Gal 1
11: But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12: For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.