ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

Been saying this for years here but McLean said it very well today.

Those scripture were for those helping Jesus lay the foundation. Jesus needed people to be traveling ministers with him. It was the most important time ever on earth, God in the flesh was on earth.

Understanding is given to those who get Jesus' teachings and obeys them.

Last edited:

God's Truth

By that logic, EVERYTHING He said was to and for only them and not for you.

You saying that proves you don't have understanding.

Jesus was telling them what to take for the traveling ministry.

They had to leave their family and their homes.

Jesus didn't tell everyone to be a traveling minister.

The foundation has been laid anyway.

God's Truth

I can't know or obey Him according to His flesh. Nor can you. Stop trying.

You can't know him according to the flesh?

Can you try obeying him from where he is now?

So you want only words from the ascended Christ?

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Those scripture were for those helping Jesus lay the foundation.
You mean for His Apostles. Why don't you heed the college of bishops that His Apostles founded? Besides, He didn't say these things to His future Apostles, but to the rich young ruler. So what you say doesn't make any sense.
Jesus needed people to be traveling ministers with him.
He was grooming His Apostles Gt, don't generalize a specific without warrant or need.
It was the most important time ever on earth, God in the flesh was on earth.
'Definitely agreed in many ways.
Understanding is given to those who get Jesus' teachings and obeys them.
The rich young ruler denied having broken a number of the Ten Commandments. Did any of the accounts have him saying that he obeyed "Thou shalt not covet" (Ex20:17KJV)?

God's Truth

You mean for His Apostles. Why don't you heed the college of bishops that His Apostles founded? Besides, He didn't say these things to His future Apostles, but to the rich young ruler. So what you say doesn't make any sense He was grooming His Apostles. Gt, don't generalize a specific without warrant or need.

Jesus didn’t just have his Apostles as traveling ministers.
Read the first scripture, it is about literally following Jesus as he travels and preaches.

Luke 9:62 61Still another said, “I will follow You, Lord; but first let me bid farewell to my family.” 62ThenJesus declared, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and then looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Luke 10:1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

As for your question to me about why don’t I go under your false church with bishops and apostles, I have the written Word of God and obey him and he teaches me.

The rich young ruler denied having broken a number of the Ten Commandments. Did any of the accounts have him saying that he obeyed "Thou shalt not covet" (Ex20:17KJV)?

He didn’t obey everything. He didn’t love God more than his wealth and possessions. God in the flesh was in front of him and he didn’t care enough as he should.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn’t just have his Apostles as traveling ministers.
He didn't even have His Apostles at this time, they were only Apostles-in-training.
Read the first scripture, it is about literally following Jesus as he travels and preaches.
Then is He teaching His Apostles-to-be, or the rich young ruler, or the Church?
As for your question to me about why don’t I go under your false church with bishops and apostles, I have the written Word of God and obey him and he teaches me.
That's never what it was for. The Bible was never to supplant the pastors, that's just Protestant stupid.
He didn’t obey everything. He didn’t love God more than his wealth and possessions.
That's why I asked about coveting. Did you not get that?
God in the flesh was in front of him and he didn’t care enough as he should.
I don't know that your estimation of what happened is accurate, but maybe.

turbosixx

What is the standard by which you decide which commands of His to obey and which not to?

I obey them all to the best of my ability. I'm not perfect so I do fall short. Thanks to the grace of God as a Christian I am covered through Jesus' sacrifice.

I don't see those verses pulled out of context as a commandment to sell our things and give to the poor. The heart of what Jesus is teaching there is to be careful of covetousness and putting our trust in material things instead of trusting God to sustain us as we see in the context leading up to "sell your possessions" and "where your treasure is".

If we look at the example of the church selling their possessions and giving to those in need, Peter doesn't condemn Ananias for not following a command to sell your possessions. Peter tells him before he sold the land it was his and after being sold the money was at his disposal. He was under no obligation to sell and after selling to give all the money to those in need.

turbosixx

I can't know or obey Him according to His flesh. Nor can you. Stop trying.

I don't understand why we cannot. At my current understanding, his gospel began with John the Baptist, Mk.1:1. The gospel was to be preached to the Jews first and that's what he did. The things he taught were not the law of Moses but looking forward to his church that he was to build.

Jesus didn't reveal everything while he was in the flesh, he still had more to say.
Jn. 16:12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

God's Truth

He didn't even have His Apostles at this time, they were only Apostles-in-training.
Then is He teaching His Apostles-to-be, or the rich young ruler, or the Church?
That's never what it was for. The Bible was never to supplant the pastors, that's just Protestant stupid.
That's why I asked about coveting. Did you not get that?
I don't know that your estimation of what happened is accurate, but maybe.

I really don't get what your argument is.

john w

Hall of Fame
I would suggest to you it's not selective but correctly understanding his word. For example, by McLean's reasoning we are commanded to hate our fathers.

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Spin.

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to sell all:

Command given: Mt. 19:21 KJV, Mk. 10:21 KJV, ;Luke 12:33 KJV, 18:22 KJV
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27 KJV;Mk. 10:28 KJV;Luke 5:11KJV, 18:28 KJV, Acts 2:44-45 KJV,4:32-34 KJV
Penalty for disobedience-death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Do you have "...all things common...": Acts 2:44 KJV, 4:32-34 KJV , 3:6 KJV?

Well?

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46 KJV

Have you sold all your possessions? This is one of the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ, in simple, 6th grade English, Jethro:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." Matthew 19:21 KJV

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth." Luke 12:32-33 KJV

("Extra credit" on this test! Please elaborate as to why you do or "do not the things" of giving alms, since obviously the body of Christ is being addressed here-"little flock"=the body of Christ.)

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Read it-"sell all that thou hast,"

Any answer along the lines of "He really did not mean that literally- He was merely ONLY attempting to teach/convey a spiritual truth", or, "that was before the cross and the resurrection", will be "red marked" as incorrect, and "non responsive/incomplete", for the disciples did exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ said, both before and after the death, burial, and resurrection:

"before"

"Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" Matthew 19:27 KJV

Read it-"we have forsaken all,"

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

Read it-"we have left all"

"after"

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6 KJV

That is why Peter said "Silver and gold have I none;"-he sold it all, per direct orders, from the Commander In Chief, the Lord Jesus Christ, the reason being in the context of the impending(at that time) "Great Trib."

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"/They sold their homes, land.
Communism, folks. Anyone doing that today? I thought so. Watch the upcoming spin.....Watch.

(PS: "Extra credit" on this test! Provide your analysis as to the merits of communism, i.e., "...all things common..." vs. "free enterprise"/"capitalism", per Acts 11:29 KJV ,"every man according to his ability...", " today. And we must "leave out "

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8 KJV

since, obviously Paul had not read the previous cited scriptures. Why Paul?!)

Penalty for disobedience:death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV, per Numbers 15:29-31 KJV :

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him."

I expect each and every believer to "Produce your cause......bring forth your strong reasons...", as to why you do obey these commands, or, conversely, why you "....do not do the things which I say..."(Luke 6:46 KJV). If you do obey these commands, I would at least respect your intellectual honesty, and your consistency.

As Elijah of old demanded, and I likewise demand: "...How long halt ye between two opinions?..." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

And I do not expect "....And the people answered him not a word...." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

musterion

I obey them all to the best of my ability. I'm not perfect so I do fall short.

Then you'll go to Hell because you're failing to keep Law, and you know what happens if you trip up on just ONE point, much less the several you fail at.

Everything He, in the flesh, said, taught and commanded - which you are trying to obey - was under Law.