Flat earth proven false

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Maybe nature uses photoshop, to make eclipses cast a rounded shadow ;)

Flatnuts really do need to ask themselves what it is that causes lunar eclipses. The only reasonable answer is that it is the shadow of the earth on the moon, but that alone disproves FE nonsense because how can the shadow of the earth be on the moon if the sun and the moon are both above the surface of the flat earth? Flatnuts have no answers.

iouae

Flatnuts really do need to ask themselves what it is that causes lunar eclipses. The only reasonable answer is that it is the shadow of the earth on the moon, but that alone disproves FE nonsense because how can the shadow of the earth be on the moon if the sun and the moon are both above the surface of the flat earth? Flatnuts have no answers.

The only FE I have ever met in person did not believe anything exists, did not believe we went to the moon, believed 9/11 was a controlled explosion by the US government and other conspiracy theories. I thought he just spoke about these things because he wanted attention, and speaking about the weather, or how well he was, was not exciting enough.

Hedshaker

The only FE I have ever met in person did not believe anything exists, did not believe we went to the moon, believed 9/11 was a controlled explosion by the US government and other conspiracy theories. I thought he just spoke about these things because he wanted attention, and speaking about the weather, or how well he was, was not exciting enough.

That should give you an idea of what sceptics think when listening to God talk. Unfortunately tin foil hats are no help at all

Danoh

Those sorts of conspiracies do appear to be the consenus of many within the FE movement.

The demon behind every bush, types.

Not that that kind of thing is not found within the RE as well.

Rom. 5:6-8.

iouae

That should give you an idea of what sceptics think when listening to God talk. Unfortunately tin foil hats are no help at all

Is there a movement afoot to totally mistrust mainstream science?

Or are FE types homeschooled?

Danoh

:chuckle:

Show me the verses that lead you to a spinning ball in an ever expanding universe...thanks

Here ya go, ran across this just now, while googling some other document by the same author - Flat Earth or Spherical? - 37 pages based on Scripture and science.

Let me know what holes you find.

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.f...e-teach-a-flat-earth-or-a-spherical-earth.pdf

Nice - someone else already did the work I was thinking on doing at some point.

Of course, you can deflect as you did with that other document by that same author.

Last edited:

iouae

Those sorts of conspiracies do appear to be the consenus of many within the FE movement.

The demon behind every bush, types.

Not that that kind of thing is not found within the RE as well.

Maybe being a conspiracy theorist should be looked upon as being a pot smoker - mildly addicted, with a proclivity for stronger addictions.

I come from a church addicted to prophecy and news-watching with lenses seeing everything happening in the news as a sign of the end time. This they have been doing with the same enthusiasm for decades, not realising that there is no sign of us being closer to the end, if news stories were all there were to go by. That is why I am wary of churches emphasising prophecy as being unbalanced, and wrong. Maybe in like manner FE seems harmless an innocuous, but all error leads to more error, and all truth, even the smallest one, leads to less blindness.

Danoh

Maybe being a conspiracy theorist should be looked upon as being a pot smoker - mildly addicted, with a proclivity for stronger addictions.

I come from a church addicted to prophecy and news-watching with lenses seeing everything happening in the news as a sign of the end time. This they have been doing with the same enthusiasm for decades, not realising that there is no sign of us being closer to the end, if news stories were all there were to go by. That is why I am wary of churches emphasising prophecy as being unbalanced, and wrong. Maybe in like manner FE seems harmless an innocuous, but all error leads to more error, and all truth, even the smallest one, leads to less blindness.

I knew a guy years ago who wrote a book titled something along the line of "26 reasons" (or some such) "why Jesus will come on" such and such date.

He and his pal were huge on Dave Hunt and their kind.

He told me he had borrowed against his home and business for the funds needed for his massive publication, as he was not worried about having to pay it back because he would not be here.

I mean, that's what goes for "thinking" in such.

Well, that day came and went, and he fell away alright - from his creditors in bankruptcy court.

Take it away, Rexella!

Thank you, Jack...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Earth flat, blacks are the true Hebrews, Obama’s an American patriot, book of Enoch supersedes the Bible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Earth flat, blacks are the true Hebrews, Obama’s an American patriot, book of Enoch supersedes the Bible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't forget "Bush did 9/11." :mock:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If the planet Earth is flat, how do you explain these eclipse paths?

SEatlas2001.GIF

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The dogcam balloon flight is a famous "proof" of the flat earth! But do we really see a totally flat horizon? Let's analyze the footage and find out whether the earth is really flat!

=

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The existence of the gullible is proven by flat earth theory. No different than the Israelites flood story.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Stuu

The difference is, one is a symptom, and the Flood is an actual historical event.
Neither the flat earth conspiracy nor the Jewish flood conspiracy are about reality, they're about the power that comes from knowledge. Since the knowledge of science tends to overpower everything else, those without the power of scientific knowledge invent their own 'knowledge' from which to derive some kind of power.

It's not true that the earth is flat, but believers in that can feel powerful from their 'knowledge'. It's not true that there was a global flood within the past few thousand years (or indeed at any time when humans have lived) but believers in that fiction feel power from their 'knowledge' too.

Stuart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Neither the flat earth conspiracy nor the Jewish flood conspiracy are about reality, they're about the power that comes from knowledge. Since the knowledge of science tends to overpower everything else, those without the power of scientific knowledge invent their own 'knowledge' from which to derive some kind of power.

It's not true that the earth is flat, but believers in that can feel powerful from their 'knowledge'. It's not true that there was a global flood within the past few thousand years (or indeed at any time when humans have lived) but believers in that fiction feel power from their 'knowledge' too.

Stuart
Evolution is not true, but Darwinists like to feel powerful.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Stuart
Considering that "conspiracy" means "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful," and the Biblical flood story is just a simple recording of history, you are wrong in calling it a conspiracy.

Could you please retract your false accusation against the Biblical Flood and the Bible?