Feds Bust Militia Plot to Kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Overthrow Government

The Berean

15 miles from home, in the community in which he worked as a volunteer lifeguard at a community pool

the same community in which he was seen earlier in the day scrubbing graffitti off the walls of local businesses

the community in which a local business had been set on fire the night before, the business he was there to protect

Perhaps you're not from the US, but state lines don't mean much here, community does

God bless him :)

Yeah, I don't get this big issue that he crossed state lines? But let's be honest. They are trying hard to give the impression that Rittenhouse drove hundreds of miles to go shoot a bunch of random people for no good reason.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yeah, I don't get this big issue that he crossed state lines? But let's be honest. They are trying hard to give the impression that Rittenhouse drove hundreds of miles to go shoot a bunch of random people for no good reason.

At least one of the cretins that he shot also "crossed state lines" to be in Kenosha, but you never hear people talk about that.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's not over. Apparently, the Michigan AG has other leads to more terrorists, including many who like the arrested Barry Croft, were loyal Trump followers.

The Democrat also noted state Republican lawmakers had been present at some of the protests where the suspects also participated and met to discuss plans. She said lawmakers’ presence at the events was “stunning,” especially given the anti-law enforcement stance of some of the suspects who were at the events.

Michigan Republican legislators attended some of the protests to support opposition to the Whitmer's COVID-19 orders, which they sued to overturn.

Nessel also noted that U.S. Attorney General William Barr testified in late July before the U.S. House Judiciary Committee that he wasn’t aware that protesters had made violent threats against the governor.

“Yet, his own authorities were actively working to foil these types of plans and these threats,” Nessel told
CNN's "New Day." “Either A: He didn’t know what was happening in his own justice department, or B: He committed perjury.”
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...g-terrorism-more-arrests-expected/5937506002/

Or maybe the career people at Justice knew better than to tip off Barr about this before they rounded up the terrorists. Which is pretty disturbing in itself.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Did you not see the tape. he was running for his life because those from Antifa were after him.

Do people no longer have a right to defend their lives?

Sure they do, and apparently they also have the right to put themselves in danger as well. Especially a dopey 17 year old with not enough sense. The whole thing is tragic, and made more so by those such as you who attempt to justify this adolescents poor decision making.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

I think the state line issue is to suggest he had little or no real connection with Kenosha.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
What price do you think he's going to pay?

Well, he went out of his way to go to an area that was, shall we say, unsafe. And he brought with him a loaded weapon. One can assume he had some idea he might "need" to use it. He killed 2 people and wounded a 3rd. He is a 17 year old, thought he was a man, thought he was The Man. Because of his age, the system should cut him a little slack, but he will likely spend some serious prison time. Unless of course his public defenders, or maybe some high priced defense lawyer financed by the Proud Boys or Fox News, wins an acquittal on self defense. Not sure self defense should work when you knowingly put yourself in that situation. there are Good Samaritan laws that protect you from liability if for example you assist a traffic accident victim and make things worse but I dont think they are applicable here.
This dope knowingly put himself in the situation where it was foreseeable he could harm someone, else why bring the gun? Live by the sword, die by the sword???

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Turns out, the Michigan Senate Majority leader met with some of the terrorists, although no news people were allowed in the area:

However, the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) found that six of the plotters met during a rally at the state Capitol in June. And when armed protesters stormed the Capitol building on April 30, Shirkey met with a small group of them and did not allow for media presence.
https://www.michiganadvance.com/202...ol-after-fbi-reports-murder-plot-against-her/

WWJ's Lansing Bureau Chief Tim Skubick reported that Whitmer has a 61% approval rating and a 38% disapproval rating. The Detroit News/WDIV poll found the first-term Democratic governor's approval rating has risen more than 15 points since January. In January, only 43% approved of Whitmer's job while 36% disapproved.

Her approval numbers are important as Biden seeks swing votes in Michigan and allies himself with Whitmer while both criticize President Donald Trump.

https://www.radio.com/wwjnewsradio/articles/gretchen-whitmers-approval-rating-rises-during-pandemic

I don't suppose that her stand against the terrorists who planned to kill her has hurt her popularity.

The Berean

I think the state line issue is to suggest he had little or no real connection with Kenosha.

Yes, but we know now that Kittenhouse did have a real connection with Kenosha.

I do have questionsWhere the heck were Kittenhouse's parents? If have a hard time believing they just knowingly let their underage son leave their home with a rifle and go to a place where there was going to be chaos. arson, and violence committed by thugs.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but we know now that Kittenhouse did have a real connection with Kenosha.

I do have questionsWhere the heck were Kittenhouse's parents? If have a hard time believing they just knowingly let their underage son leave their home with a rifle and go to a place where there was going to be chaos. arson, and violence committed by thugs.

What was the Kenosha connection and oh yeah, what about the parents?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
1) Rittenhouse was already working in Kenosha as a lifeguard the day of the shooting.

2) The day of the shooting he was also cleaning graffiti.

You left out the part that he was also killing people the day of the shooting. being a lifeguard and cleaning graffiti led to "I think I'll run home, get my rifle and see if I can stop this craziness" Well, nice thought but stupid

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You left out the part that he was also killing people the day of the shooting. being a lifeguard and cleaning graffiti led to "I think I'll run home, get my rifle and see if I can stop this craziness" Well, nice thought but stupid

It seems to be really really important for you to call him stupid

I notice you don't have any opinion about the criminals he shot

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
We now know that at least one of the plotters tried to infiltrate BLM. This has been a common tactic for white supremacists:

White supremacists posing as BLM protesters instigated Richmond riots: Police
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/wh...-protesters-instigated-richmond-riots-police/

It's now been confirmed that the Republican Senate leader in Michigan met with the terrorists when they went to the state capitol last June. What they discussed remains unknown; the press was excluded from the meeting.

And recently, he also attended a white nationalist protest outside the capitol, attacking the governor:
https://www.michiganadvance.com/202...ol-after-fbi-reports-murder-plot-against-her/

The Berean

You left out the part that he was also killing people the day of the shooting.
You mean the people who were trying to kill HIM? You mean the guy who CHASED Rittenhouse, pulled out a pistol, and pointed it at Rittenhouse? I guess you believe that a person has no right to defend their life? Let me ask you this. Why were they chasing Rittenhouse? Do they have any responsibility or agency in the actions that led to their deaths?

being a lifeguard and cleaning graffiti led to "I think I'll run home, get my rifle and see if I can stop this craziness" Well, nice thought but stupid

This is incorrect. Rittenhouse never went home to get any gun. The rifle wasn't even his weapon. He borrowed it from another legal gun owner.