Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

whitestone

Sad part is it doesn't matter if employers abused their employees,whether they pay them below a living wage or not we will continue to eat there or buy whatever from whichever business(we will just continue to support them buy doing business with them).

I say this because we have in the past debated over people on food stamps/wale-fare ect. and for the most part decided that companies like these McDonald,burger king,wall-mart ect. should pay a wage that would not trap these people into having us (the public),pay the additional money required to live,wale fare, but now we defend that companies should not have to,,"so were trapping ourselves into paying what we don't feel these companies should,,,SO DO WE ALL AGREE TO NOT ARGUE WHEN WE ARE ASK TO PROVIDE FOOD STAMPS?

whitestone

I think it would also make a good bumper sticker,,,,,,,,,

"fast food workers,the guys we decided to supplement with welfare",,,,

whitestone

How much should the government force these companies to pay their employees?

one penny over their "qualification's for me and you needing to support them",,,that is me and you will pay an extra dime for a happy meal,,,or me and you will pay extra taxes for welfare,,one of the two.

bybee

I think it would also make a good bumper sticker,,,,,,,,,

"fast food workers,the guys we decided to supplement with welfare",,,,

The welfare check and assistance comes first. Recipients may or may not also get a job to supplement their welfare benefits.

whitestone

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20140907_Someone_s_tax_break_is_others__tax_bite.html

actually it's a peachy deal,,these companies (get to by law),,,
(a)move their headquarters to avoid paying taxes(e.g.welfare)
(b)not pay their employees a liveable wage
(c)lobby congress to have you and me pay the extra wages to their underpaid employees(welfare),,,list could go on but you get the just,,,

and the whole while they are avoiding paying taxes(welfare) they are gaining profits because of it,,,,,so it trickles downhill to those who don't get these tax breaks(INSERT YOUR SCREE-NAME HERE),,,and me and you pay the difference between 7.25/hr. and a livable wage (better known as welfare),,,to the people they employee. Notice everyone is paying for it except these large companies?

whitestone

The welfare check and assistance comes first. Recipients may or may not also get a job to supplement their welfare benefits.

maybe in some states,,,in Texas if you do not have a job,,,,,,,you are "automatically disqualified for s.n.a.p.",,,meaning only those who have a job get it.

bybee

maybe in some states,,,in Texas if you do not have a job,,,,,,,you are "automatically disqualified for s.n.a.p.",,,meaning only those who have a job get it.

All that is required in Minnesota is that you show evidence of having looked for a job.
When we were in business I would regularly get job applicants who admitted that they were just doing their legal requirement to continue collecting welfare.
I praised them profusely for their due diligence.

whitestone

All that is required in Minnesota is that you show evidence of having looked for a job.
When we were in business I would regularly get job applicants who admitted that they were just doing their legal requirement to continue collecting welfare.
I praised them profusely for their due diligence.

yes I read that in the link I gave that "some states may wave the part",,, as in Texas the "free insurance(Obama care)" Rick Perry refuse to sigh the referendum at the state level,,so in Texas we are still required to buy insurance,but the below poverty people "do not qualify for the free Gov. insurance" ,,,something I hope they point out if he runs in 2016

PureX

A college degree is not the answer for everyone. Trade school is not the answer for everyone. BUT, staying in school and taking advantage of all that High School has to offer is an answer!
All that's going to get anyone, these days, is a low wage job that does not cover all the bills, does not allow one to save anything, and does not offer any real economic advancement. You can't raise a family, you can't buy a home, and you can't trust how long you'll even be working. All it takes is one illness, accident, or misfortune and you're homeless, jobless, and in debt. I don't know how you see this as a solution.
There all kind of jobs available for all levels of talent.
That was never the point. The point is that when a person gives a full measure of their time and attention to doing a job, they should be paid a livable wage in return for it. Otherwise, we are demoralizing and devaluing both the person and the ideal of working for a living.
Some are content to have little responsibility and prefer clear cut job description parameters. They take a paycheck home and are content.
Not if they can't live on it. Unless we're making up the difference through social welfare. But why should we have to do that while the people they are working for are taking in big profits and paying them spit?
Society is comprised of all sorts of people. AND just as all poor people are not envious, so too not all rich people are greedy.
To want more than you need at the expense of others is called being greedy. We're pretty much ALL greedy in this country. Much of our society and culture is based on greed, and nearly all of our decisions are being made in the service of greed. And it's a big reason why we have so many poor and unemployed people in this country. My argument isn't with rich people, it's with our allowing greed to rule our lives, and to cause so many people so much unnecessary suffering.
Life-will-never-be-perfect! or anywhere near perfect!
That's not an excuse for applauding those who seek to make it even worse than it already is.

whitestone

Let me know when we figure out that figure...;)

Let's start at 15.00 hr.,,if they still qualify for food stamps then we'll shoot for 15.50 and well work our way up.,,,,,it's like the old joke

A man went into a produce stand and ask how much are the tomatoes,,the owner said well if you buy 1/2 a lb the price is 7.25,if you buy the 1/2 bushel it's 15.00,if you get the whole bushel it's 18.00,the more you buy the better the price gets,,, so the man said "oh,well load them up till their free",,,

bybee

All that's going to get anyone, these days, is a low wage job that does not cover all the bills, does not allow one to save anything, and does not offer any real economic advancement. You can't raise a family, you can't buy a home, and you can't trust how long you'll even be working. All it takes is one illness, accident, or misfortune and you're homeless, jobless, and in debt. I don't know how you see this as a solution.
That was never the point. The point is that when a person gives a full measure of their time and attention to doing a job, they should be paid a livable wage in return for it. Otherwise, we are demoralizing and devaluing both the person and the ideal of working for a living.
Not if they can't live on it. Unless we're making up the difference through social welfare. But why should we have to do that while the people they are working for are taking in big profits and paying them spit?
To want more than you need at the expense of others is called being greedy. We're pretty much ALL greedy in this country. Much of our society and culture is based on greed, and nearly all of our decisions are being made in the service of greed. And it's a big reason why we have so many poor and unemployed people in this country. My argument isn't with rich people, it's with our allowing greed to rule our lives, and to cause so many people so much unnecessary suffering.
That's not an excuse for applauding those who seek to make it even worse than it already is.

No one is applauding you parochial dipstick!
Whine to God! We get our lives from Him.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
well I gotta go ...

fryolator timer just dinged?

sshot-1_007.png

99lamb

A college degree is not the answer for everyone. Trade school is not the answer for everyone. BUT, staying in school and taking advantage of all that High School has to offer is an answer!
There all kind of jobs available for all levels of talent.
Some are content to have little responsibility and prefer clear cut job description parameters. They take a paycheck home and are content.
Society is comprised of all sorts of people. AND just as all poor people are not envious, so too not all rich people are greedy.
You are guilty of that egregiously Progressive mind set "Let's tar all rich people with the same brush then we can rob, steal, malign, riot, destroy their property and beat defenseless white people in the name of , we've been abused"!
Life-will-never-be-perfect! or anywhere near perfect! But whining and sniveling and spewing hate filled rhetoric which shows only too well your victim mentality is not the answer.
Make the best of what you have.

just thought I'd post it again.;)