Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll repost this for tet's sake, assuming he hasn't beaten himself to death in the throes of being a Steelers fan.

Um......the Steelers won today, and your Patriots lost today.

(Folks, folks, come on: Nobody's perfect.)

No, let's look at you.

You say, you're a Christian.

Are you homeless? Are you poor?

Because he said so.

Do you live as the least amongst these?

No?

Cause he said he'd be there.

Whenever there are poor people, or raped people, or out of my life jeez am I so screwed, where...where exactly are you?

Jesus never praised the rich.

Never praised the strong.

You're a pack of wacks who think Jesus done you a favor.

Blessed are the rich, for they shall surely inherit the earth.

I'm so glad I'm not like this tax collector. I mean, seriously--have you seen this guy?

Lord, this beggar keeps showing up. His dogs, too. Can you wrangle that for a bro?

Granite,

So you really think that only poor people can be Christians?

Is that what you're saying?

Are you also claiming that wealthy people can't be Christians?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Um......the Steelers won today, and your Patriots lost today.

And you got youselves beaten in every postseason game we've ever played. I'll sleep well tonight.:chuckle:

So you really think that only poor people can be Christians?

No. But to be consistent, Christians should be poor. You people ignore most of what Jesus said so I'm not knocking you personally for just being yet another hypocrite. You're one of millions.

Put it this way.

If I encountered a homeless nomad preaching the word, I'd listen to him. Believe him? No. Convert? Of course not. But I'd give him the time of day, because he's honest and consistent.

Are you also claiming that wealthy people can't be Christians?

Answer my post, for starters. But the simple answer is: No way in hell.

Unless you're fine with being a total, utter hypocrite.

Frankly, the specter of hypocrisy has never once seemed to faze a Christian.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you got youselves beaten in every postseason game we've ever played.

Your football knowledge is as bad as your politics.

January 3, 1998
Divisional Round

Steelers 7 Patriots 6

No. But to be consistent, Christians should be poor. You people ignore most of what Jesus said so I'm not knocking you personally for just being yet another hypocrite. You're one of millions.

Put it this way.

If I encountered a homeless nomad preaching the word, I'd listen to him. Believe him? No. Convert? Of course not. But I'd give him the time of day, because he's honest and consistent.

Jesus showed mercy to people.

Nowhere does Jesus say you have to be poor to receive mercy

Answer my post, for starters. But the simple answer is: No way in hell.

Unless you're fine with being a total, utter hypocrite.

Frankly, the specter of hypocrisy has never once seemed to faze a Christian.

So, according to you, it is impossible for a wealthy person to be a follower of Christ Jesus.

You do know that many of the Israelites in the old testament such as King Solomon were very wealthy? Abraham was a very wealthy man.

whitestone

and myself(not meaning this sexist),,but we ask for it,,,in the 70's we wanted equal rights,and we got them,,before that men could work,get paid,buy a new house,food,pay bills,,,,now it's 2014,,,,

And we all have equal rights,,now instead of just one member of each house working to get the food,lights,water,a house,a car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the same "JOB IS DIVIDED(EQUAL)BETWEEN BOTH THE HUSBAND AND WIFE" or to be politically correct,(each member/partner) and by law the job of paying for the same things is (equally divided) between (both partners) of the same house,,,,,,,that is the amount of dollars one could make is now divided by two,,,,"WHY CRY WHEN WE GET WHAT WE ASK FOR"????????

Granite

Hall of Fame
January 3, 1998
Divisional Round

Ah. The almighty exception to the rule, which consists of us kicking the crap out of you when it matters.:rotfl:

Watching Heinz Ward cry on the sidelines? PRICELESS. Suck it, you little princess. Deion Branch blew you away.:chuckle:

Jesus showed mercy to people.

Yeah, and?

Nowhere does Jesus say you have to be poor to receive mercy

Show me him praising the rich. Once. Ever. Show me extolling material possessions. Ever. Show me him criticizing the poor. Once.

So, according to you, it is impossible for a wealthy person to be a follower of Christ Jesus.

Absolutely. Wealth is utterly incompatible with Christianity.

And considering how most of you people live or strive that this is at odds with your faith doesn't surprise me.

You do know that many of the Israelites in the old testament such as King Solomon were very wealthy? Abraham was a very wealthy man.

:rotfl:

And both of these fellows, I'm sure, worshipped Christ crucified.

Do you even listen to yourself? The best you've got is a chronic liar who--if you're believed--spawned Islam, and a man who abandoned Jehovah when the almighty became inconvenient.

Top notch.

Neither of these fellows were Christians, come to think of it. Weird, that.

whitestone

and myself(not meaning this sexist),,but we ask for it,,,in the 70's we wanted equal rights,and we got them,,before that men could work,get paid,buy a new house,food,pay bills,,,,now it's 2014,,,,

And we all have equal rights,,now instead of just one member of each house working to get the food,lights,water,a house,a car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the same "JOB IS DIVIDED(EQUAL)BETWEEN BOTH THE HUSBAND AND WIFE" or to be politically correct,(each member/partner) and by law the job of paying for the same things is (equally divided) between (both partners) of the same house,,,,,,,that is the amount of dollars one could make is now divided by two,,,,"WHY CRY WHEN WE GET WHAT WE ASK FOR"????????

It's simple math,,,,first you have 150 mil. men(and everyone begging them to come apply,1965),,,,then instantly you have 300 mill. people competing for the same jobs(men and women),,,"what will you do?",,,,lol

Well instantly you drop retirement,and good insurance,,,go to 401k and severance packages,,,,,,,,,and put the word out "if you wont do it for the pay I offer,,,,,,SOMEONE ELSE WILL!",,,,,,,,,"why cry if you get what you ask for"???

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Absolutely. Wealth is utterly incompatible with Christianity.

You don't understand Christianity.

Jesus made a new covenant. The Apostle Paul was a minister of the new covenant, and received his teachings directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Neither Jesus nor the Apostle Paul said believers had to be poor to be a follower of Christ Jesus.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You don't understand Christianity.

Jesus made a new covenant. The Apostle Paul was a minister of the new covenant, and received his teachings directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Neither Jesus nor the Apostle Paul said believers had to be poor to be a follower of Christ Jesus.

And you care far more for Paul than Jesus. Jesus is hard. Paul's a legalist, and talking to people is easier than living the life.

Isn't it.

Except Jesus was poor, and it doesn't appear tentmaking was very lucrative.

When did either of these chaps extoll the rich or the virtues of being rich? Try never, tet. Your Lord went out of his way to curse the rich.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The point was that there were wealthy men in the Bible who had great faith.

And who suffered for it. By the way: the "faith" of both these men was completely situational, and inconsistent at best.

Blessed are the rich.

Let us consider the wealthy.

Do you see now the elite? Ah. Verily.

It's easier for a rich man to buy both the needle and the camel. Whoof. Problem solved.

whitestone

No offense,,,,,It's just business,,,,I have 17 employees striking and 216 applications asking me to let them come and flip the burgers,,,,,,"what should I do"?,,,what do you think I am going to do?,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's easier for a rich man to buy both the needle and the camel. Whoof. Problem solved.

Read the previous verse:

(Matt 19:23) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus didn't say it was impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus said it was hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

whitestone

lol,,,it may have began with who gets to flip the burgers,,,,,,but it will end with who will do what to get to eat one,,,,,,,

Granite

Hall of Fame
Read the previous verse:

(Matt 19:23) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus didn't say it was impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Jesus said it was hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

And he also cursed them outright.

What's with your mancrush on the rich?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you care far more for Paul than Jesus. Jesus is hard.

Jesus told His Disciples NOT to go amongst the Samaritans or Gentiles.

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Should Christians today obey this commandment of Jesus?

Again, you don't understand Christianity.

The New Covenant wasn't put into place until the cross. You keep taking passages before the new covenant was put in place, and you take the passages out of context.

You should ask yourself why the Disciples could not go amongst the Gentiles and Samaritans before the cross, but after the cross they were told by Jesus to do so.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jesus told His Disciples NOT to go amongst the Samaritans or Gentiles.

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Should Christians today obey this commandment of Jesus?

Again, you don't understand Christianity.

The New Covenant wasn't put into place until the cross. You keep taking passages before the new covenant was put in place, and you take the passages out of context.

You should ask yourself why the Disciples could not go amongst the Gentiles and Samaritans before the cross, but after the cross they were told by Jesus to do so.

Yet two verses later he says this:

"Freely ye have received; freely give. Provide neither gold nor silver nor brass in your purses."

This wasn't a warning about economics, it was about people.

"Freely give." Yeah, like that's gonna happen. You represent a pack of Social Darwinian wolves. The poor are where they are because they want to be, right? And screw them if they can't somehow (magically) escape their situation.

Blessed are the rich.

And lo, the dogs came and licked his sores.

Sooner or later you're gonna tell me Dives got a raw deal. I'm not kidding.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And he also cursed them outright.

He cursed the Pharisees.

What's with your mancrush on the rich?

My point throughout this thread is that Christians and Christian Churches are to help and take care of the poor. It is not the government's job to take care of the poor, the government is really bad at it, and the government's only way of doing it is to take money from people who work.

You Liberals always compare the USA with Utopia, and never with other countries. You Liberals think this country is so horrible, and that there wouldn't be any poor people if the "rich people" didn't have all the money.

This country has produced more wealth, and more wealthy people than any other nation in history. People hide in cars and boats to try and get here, yet you guys hate this country.

Quit comparing the USA with Utopia, and just maybe you would see how people have an opportunity to achieve success here like nowhere else.

rexlunae

It's true that the price of a commodity is simply the sum of the costs to produce it if competition in the industry is fierce (or only negligibly otherwise). Is the competition in the fast food industry fierce?

No, that's still not true. Every company tries to build in some profit margin. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be in business for long. So in a compatative market, the businesses involved don't compete each other down to the point of unprofitability, because then they all lose.

Remember, winning means making money for your investors, not vanquishing all your foes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Freely give." Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

The Apostle Paul tells us how to give:

(2 Cor 9:7) Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Notice the Apostle Paul doesn't tell us to sell everything we own and give it all away.