Faith Without Works Is Dead

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith Without Works Is Dead.
Luke 24:25
25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
1 Pet 2:15
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
James 2:20
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Cor 1:20-21
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:26-27
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
2 Tim 2:23-24
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
Titus 3:3-6
3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Matt 7:24-27
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
(NKJ)

xxx Faith alone will not get you to heaven. Faith alone is like the five virgins that had no oil in their lamps. Faith alone is a heaerer of the Word, not a doer of the Word. You must be a doer of the Word.Remember anyone who says "I know Him" and does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him. The doers of the Word has the works to prove themselves by.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
yeah, i figgered you wouldn't be able to answer them

I said
I only get one verse from the Holy Spirit with you.

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lololo What kind of answer is that? You cant say I didn't get the verse because I shared it with you.
There are only one of two reasons a Christian goes on a theology board. To trade talents or to learn. You don't do either. I've never heard you say anything spiritual. I've never seen you ask questions.
So why are you here???

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You ask a question then you answered it yourself.

You said

i don't have to prove anything to God - He knows my heart

Jerry Shugart

Faith Without Works Is Dead.

Then the Lord Jesus must have been in error when He said this:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live" (Jn.5:24-25).​

meshak

BANNED
Banned

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live" (Jn.5:24-25).​

Have you consider that you just don't understand what Jesus is saying completely?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I don't see your connection. One cant believe on Jesus with dead faith.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

yeah, but then they better get busy doing works or squeaky will take away their salvation and tell them their idiots

Jerry Shugart

I said
I don't see your connection. One cant believe on Jesus with dead faith.

Let us look at the following words of the Lord Jesus again:

This is speaking of His words bringing people who are dead in sin to life. And that happens prior to anyone having their faith tested (to see if "works" accompany it) so a person is given life the moment when they believe. And that principle is stated here by the Lord:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

What James is saying in the second chapter is in regard to what one person can know about another person's faith:

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (Jas.2:18).​

In the previous chapter James tells us exactly how a person is saved:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Let us look at the following words of the Lord Jesus again:

This is speaking of His words bringing people who are dead in sin to life. And that happens prior to anyone having their faith tested (to see if "works" accompany it) so a person is given life the moment when they believe. And that principle is stated here by the Lord:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

What James is saying in the second chapter is in regard to what one person can know about another person's faith:

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (Jas.2:18).​

In the previous chapter James tells us exactly how a person is saved:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

I said
Thanks I see your connection now. The Spirit just gave me this one. I see God gives everyone a measure of faith to start with.

Rom 12:3
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

I said
So right. Faith comes by hearing, not reading. So to grow in the Spirit and grow in faith, we must hear more of the Word quoted to us in our minds.

Luke 17:5
5 And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."
(NKJ)

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)