• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolutionists: How did legs evolve?

Greg Jennings

You have an unhealthy fixation on those that you consider to be the all knowing experts. And, of source, you reject the one true expert.

I guess I missed the verse where Jesus said, "I am the foremost expert on science and the universe."

Considering he lived in an era where the Earth was thought to be fixed in space and the stars in the firmament above, I don't think he was a scientist per say.

Right Divider

Body part
I guess I missed the verse where Jesus said, "I am the foremost expert on science and the universe."
Gee golly... as CREATOR of the UNIVERSE, I'd say that He is indeed THE expert.

Considering he lived in an era where the Earth was thought to be fixed in space and the stars in the firmament above, I don't think he was a scientist per say.
Please PROVE that false claim.

Greg Jennings

Gee golly... as CREATOR of the UNIVERSE, I'd say that He is indeed THE expert.

Please PROVE that false claim.

The description in the Bible. Of the Earth as a plane over which the firmament stretched. You have read the Bible?

Now many non-Christian sources, such as Ptolemy, had discovered otherwise at this point. But it wasn't common knowledge to the average person. Thus, why Galileo was imprisoned by the church for for espousing something that had been proven correct centuries earlier

Greg Jennings

The Bible does NO such thing.

Isaiah 40:22

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Sucks when the Bible disagrees with you, huh RD?

Forget walking into a scientific institution to learn something. Sounds like you could just as much use a trip to the local church

6days

Greg Jennings said:
Here is the entire abstract verbatim. Please highlight where VDSMs are explained.

Greg, if you don't understand VSDM's, how do you think you are qualified to "dissect" genetic arguments? As you keep telling others... " I think you're just dodging".

Here is some clues for you to try answer the question.

* From the abstract "Mutations withswithin this range are neutral enough to accumulate almost freely, but are still deleterious enough to make an impact at the level of the whole genome."

* From the article "accumulation of VSDMs in a lineage ...acts like a time bomb"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateEvol...error_catastrophe_reprise_with_documentation/

Reminder... the question was "How can natural selection, simultaneously select and remove 100 VSDM's per person, per generation in a population with a birth rate of about 2? And... I asked if you could answer from science and not answer with beliefs.

SUTG

I did a pretty deep dive on a bunch of this stuff about ten years ago. AIG and ICR were still around back then. The big names I remember from the scene were Ken Ham and Kent Hovind (who was hilarious in a debate), and Michael Behe was also popular because the YECs thought he gave them some much needed credibility with the thorny issue of science. I also remember reading a few incoherent scrawlings aboutbaramins(add that one to your laugh lexicon). There were a few other guys I no longer remember.

Although a lot has changed, much seems to have remained the same. They're still asking why we don't see creatures walking around that are half snake and half giraffe, and they still seem to love the platypus. And they're as keen as ever to avoid any discussion of science, since they know where that is bound to lead and they're not really too happy with it.

I forgot to mention one of my old favorites: The Ray Comfort banana video.