Eternal Insecurity?

bsmitts

Do people truly believe that God expects his children, bought by the blood of Christ to suffer in fear of the possibility of losing their salvation?!!! You can suffer and depend on works if you want, but I stand on God's promises.
(Galatians 4:5) “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Here are some scriptures to back up the once saved always saved position. (2 Corinthians 1:22) (Hebrews 12:1-2) (2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Ephesians 1:8-9) (Ephesians 1:4-5) (Ephesians 1:11-14) (Ephesians 4:30) (Romans 8:28-30) (Romans 8:33-39) (Romans 9:23) (Romans 5:9) (Romans 4:4-5) James 2: Works justify you before men, faith justifies you before God. (Philippians 1:6) (Matthew 13:24-30; 37-43) (Matthew 15:13) (Matthew 18:11-14) (Mark 4:26-29) (Mark 13:20-23; 27) (John 4:13-14) (John 5:24) (John 6:35, 37, 39, 40, 44, 47, 51, 54, 58, 70) (John 8:51) (John 10:4-5, 8, 16, 28-30) (1 John 3:6; 9) (1 John 1:10-11)(1 John 5:13) (1 John 2:25) (John 11:25-26) (Psalm 89:20; 29-37) (John 3:18 he hath not believed “past tense”)(The people from Hebrews 6:4-9 are the same people from Romans 1:18-32) They were never and can never be saved. True salvation cannot be lost.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Do people truly believe that God expects his children, bought by the blood of Christ to suffer in fear of the possibility of losing their salvation?!!

you can't lose what you don't have

you can rejoice in the fact
that
you might be saved

get on your knees
and
beg for mercy

bsmitts

why are saved people so mean?

you should be really happy
if
you are saved

I apologize, but answer me this Matthew 7:22-23 Why does he say "I NEVER knew you?" and Matthew 10:21-22 It's obvious by the context "he that endureth to the end shall be saved is referring to physically enduring.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I apologize, but answer me this Matthew 7:22-23 Why does he say "I NEVER knew you?" and Matthew 10:21-22 It's obvious by the context "he that endureth to the end shall be saved is referring to physically enduring.

how is chapter 10 context for chapter 7?
and
why isn't

ye that work iniquity

the proper context?

musterion

Do people truly believe that God expects his children, bought by the blood of Christ to suffer in fear of the possibility of losing their salvation?!!!

Yes, because they don't believe God's justification can be an accomplished, finished fact, much less one known to and rested in by the believer in this life. So they defend their human institutions and their religious works while insisting that you are the one with the problem.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, because they don't believe God's justification can be an accomplished, finished fact, much less one known to and rested in by the believer in this life. So they defend their human institutions and their religious works while insisting that you are the one with the problem.

we do believe we have been redeemed
but
we still have to overcometh false teaching
and
our good works will demonstrate that

musterion

we do believe we have been redeemed
but
we still have to overcometh false teaching
and
our good works will demonstrate that

If you're not safe for eternity in the hand of God by the finished work of Christ, your redemption is meaningless and a lie.

OCTOBER23

BESMITTS

Thanks, You just disproved the Trinity.

2 Corinthians 1:22 (NKJV)

22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

bsmitts

I don't know what you're talking about?

bsmitts

BESMITTS

Thanks, You just disproved the Trinity.

2 Corinthians 1:22 (NKJV)

22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Do you not believe 2 Corinthians 1:22? And how does that disprove anything other than eternal insecurity? You mean to tell me that you are so unwilling to admit you're wrong, that you just make up lies out of thin air? I'm guessing that's why you didn't explain yourself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
so, in your mind, God wants his children to suffer! Got it!

Did Jesus suffer? Did Paul suffer? Are sufferings a big deal?

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18 NKJV)

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. (Revelation 2:10 NKJV)

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you...
(1 Peter 4:12 NKJV)​

bsmitts

Firstly, I believe in the trinity, and I don't see how that guy said I disproved it. That's ridiculous. Secondly, I'm not bashing anyone for believing eternal insecurity. Truthfully, It's an issue many have debated for centuries, however it's not heresy to teach either side because, there are definite scriptures to back up both sides. Therefore, my position, cannot be deemed heretical because I have scriptures to back up my claim.

bsmitts

Did Jesus suffer? Did Paul suffer? Are sufferings a big deal?

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18 NKJV)

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. (Revelation 2:10 NKJV)

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you...
(1 Peter 4:12 NKJV)​

Stop twisting things! That's suffering in the flesh by humanity. Totally different.

bsmitts

I'm Done with it! Not one single person truly even read one single scripture I practically shoved in their face to show them they were wrong. They dodged every single scripture just like they always do. Not one anti-OSAS person has yet given me an answer to Matthew 7:23 And watch. They're going to dodge it.