Dumb post of the day--Kett's pick 1-31-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm not forgetting the bias of the board.

I don't think it's foolish to disagree with said bias, nor do I think it's dumb to make charged statements in the process of that disagreement. I'd say the same if it was a Catholic website.

This site needs more people to disagree with the prevailing bias; it's only by disagreement that discussions are at all interesting.

When different opinions and beliefs are presented, challenged, argued, questioned, etc., there's a dynamic energy at work. Too often lately, opposing views are shut down here and the result has been a dulling of ideas and overall reduction in thread and post quality.

It depends on what kind of charged discussion we are talking about here, the recent influx of anti-trin, and gnostic doctrine should be shot down in their tracks. We may have disagreements as to doctrine but, outright apostasy? not so much. Same goes for blasphemy from the atheists, if you want to hold to your belief in nothingness, good for you but, when you want to make blasphemous statements your gonna see the hammer come down...If people cannot deal with the rules or the biases of the forum, then leave, I think they are very tolerant of opposing views depending on the rhetoric of them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want to debate if MAD or OT is valid or not open a thread on the topic. threads like this are not for that purpose.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It depends on what kind of charged discussion we are talking about here, the recent influx of anti-trin, and gnostic doctrine should be shot down in their tracks. We may have disagreements as to doctrine but, outright apostasy? not so much. Same goes for blasphemy from the atheists, if you want to hold to your belief in nothingness, good for you but, when you want to make blasphemous statements your gonna see the hammer come down...If people cannot deal with the rules or the biases of the forum, then leave, I think they are very tolerant of opposing views depending on the rhetoric of them.

Then the apostasy should be argued with reasoned debate. Blasphemy shouldn't be tolerated, but blasphemy wasn't committed in this instance. It was just deemed "dumb" but not bannably dumb.

I have no problem with the bias here; as a Catholic I'm certainly outside that box and I'm still here and have tolerated quite a lot of stuff said about Catholics and Catholicism with little complaint.

However - the discussions are vital and the exposition of the positions and views of all sides are what make them both interesting and more importantly, valuable in the gaining of knowledge.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A thread like this was a more appropriate approach to take than giving her an infraction for contantly dogging members in thier threads.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a playground? Guess that explains the saturation of the toddlers around here.
Actually, I'll have to agree to some extent--many of the posters here do behave like toddlers....:chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Then the apostasy should be argued with reasoned debate. Blasphemy shouldn't be tolerated, but blasphemy wasn't committed in this instance. It was just deemed "dumb" but not bannably dumb.

I think most things here are debated without question.

I have no problem with the bias here; as a Catholic I'm certainly outside that box and I'm still here and have tolerated quite a lot of stuff said about Catholics and Catholicism with little complaint.

True...

However - the discussions are vital and the exposition of the positions and views of all sides are what make them both interesting and more importantly, valuable in the gaining of knowledge.

Yes, to some extent but, apostasy should be shown for what it is false. In the end people lurk as guests on this site and if they are searching for answers, I would not only want to see them find those answers but, expose the frauds and there are many.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IK - this is turning into the DTOTD
Yep. They can continue to discuss as long as they remain civil and it doesn't turn into a complaint sesson or a disrespect of staff.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have amended the rules in the OP to make them more clear.

1. No whining--
2. No innapropriate tagging--they will be deleted.
3. no debating
4. no disrespect of TOL staff--
5. Keep things civil

any violating posts will be deleted.

Lovebug

Dumb Post of the day.Not charged enough to rank as blasphemy, but charged enough to make the post very stupid. Here's why:

1. Now who's playground is this? Of the the objectives of TOL is to help members understand what Open Theism and Mid Acts Dispensationalism is.

2. This member complains when folks don't recognize her as a Christian--yet she turns around as does the the same thing to other Christians in so many words, namely Dispensationalist Christians.

1. No whining--
2. No innapropriate tagging--they will be deleted.
3. no debating
4. no disrespect of TOL staff--
5. Keep things civil

any violating posts will be deleted.

Sorry, but that is an untrue statement. (that I judge the salvation of anyone).

Here let me fix it for you.

I believe Jesus saved the WORLD by dying on a cross.

That means I believe the WHOLE world is saved.

Being saved and being born again, is not the same event..so, if you want to judge my beliefs, at least know what I believe.

Those who are saved, (the world), will be judged at the END of their individual lives, unto everlasting life, if they believed, or condemned, if they failed to put their salvation into practice, by believing the good news.

The point being is that God does NOT judge anyone He HAS saved; the WORLD, until they breath their LAST breath.

The born again event is when we put our free salvation into practice, and when this is done, we can never be unsaved..

but, the saved who never believe, will be cut off, but NOT until they stand before Jesus HIMself upon their natural deaths.

He is longsuffering not willing that ANY that He HAS saved should perish.

I do not judge the salvation of any man.

So, stop with the false accusations.

If you want to talk about someone who does, go talk about your own..type of believers who are ignorant to the basic milk.

Lovebug

I wish Knight was here more than he has been lately.

I don't think the post is all that out of hand; I've seen worse said to others of various other religious beliefs. It certainly didn't come close to blasphemy, IMO.

They do not even know what I do believe and they judge me by their own words.

:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.