• Yes, but I feel bad

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • No, its stealing

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • No, I use legal means such as apples music store

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Outlaw

If I go to the Grand Canyon, take a picture, bring it home and paint it, will God sue me for copyright infringement?

What if I paint a mural on my kids wall of a scene from Lord Of The Rings?

How about if I read a book at the library and then come on here and tell you everything I can about the story?

What if I sing the new single from Rob Thomas as I'm walking in the grocery store?

I think copyright laws are ridiculous.

Mr. 5020

Outlaw said:
If I go to the Grand Canyon, take a picture, bring it home and paint it, will God sue me for copyright infringement?

What if I paint a mural on my kids wall of a scene from Lord Of The Rings?

How about if I read a book at the library and then come on here and tell you everything I can about the story?

What if I sing the new single from Rob Thomas as I'm walking in the grocery store?

I think copyright laws are ridiculous.
I think this post was ridiculous.

drbrumley

Jefferson said:
Yes. You paid for the album, not the cd. If you want the cd also, then pay for it. Should a video store give you a free copy of a DVD of a movie that you already have on VHS?

:rotfl: If I have a vinyl album and decide to record it to my computer or someone has a copy of the very same song and I download it, sorry, that's not stealing.

drbrumley

And by all means, never record a football game or TV show to watch later. That's stealing.

What a bunch of horse manure.

drbrumley

Also, the copyright laws in effect are clear that those who download and make copies to sell are illegal. That would be true. If I download albums on my computer, burn them to CD's and sell the burnt CD's, then I am wrong for stealing.

hatsoff

Knight said:
So you are asserting that art musems should charge no addmission fee?

Every single museum (art or otherwise) I've ever visited has offered at least one free day per week.

And are you further asserting that I should be able to make prints of my favorite artist and re-sell them for my own profit or for my own personal use?

That would be abuse, and is much different from simply appreciation.

Mr. 5020

hatsoff said:
Every single museum (art or otherwise) I've ever visited has offered at least one free day per week.
Then assume that Knight is referring to the other six days of the week.

drbrumley

What are we talking about here? Downloading a song which I already own? Are we talking about re-selling?

Outlaw

drbrumley said:
What are we talking about here? Downloading a song which I already own? Are we talking about re-selling?
Re-selling is clearly wrong.

Our library has tens of thousands of DVDs and CDs at no cost.

Caledvwlch

Outlaw said:
Re-selling is clearly wrong.

Our library has tens of thousands of DVDs and CDs at no cost.
Well, methinks they were probably paid for at some point. Taxpayer money? Or is yours one of those precious few libraries that raises voluntary donations?

Either way. I think a solid 80 percent of my music is downloaded sans license. I find it stimulates my inner anarchist.

Outlaw

Caledvwlch said:
Well, methinks they were probably paid for at some point. Taxpayer money?
Exactly!

I am a taxpayer and partial owner of those CDs and DVDs which gives me the right to make a copy for personal use.

Outlaw

Mr. 5020 said:
Will a judge buy that?

I have no idea, but I'd fight it.

The library knows I do it, because that is what I told them I do.

The whole thing is stupid.

You can record a movie off of TV and you can loan it to a friend to watch, but you just can't sell it.