ECT "Don't make any attempt at trying to make My words fit your theology"-- God.

Cross Reference

I already knew you would say that. What exactly? Rev 1 says these things will happen quickly, soon, at hand?

It is irrational to put 2000 years in there.

You think so?? Tell me how it is that Israel will soon be invaded which should shed light on what you believe all happened in the first century?

Interplanner

Why would the disciples ask about those buildings on the temple compound, and have Jesus say they will be cast down, and all that actually did happen but you think Jesus was seriously talking about things that would happen 2000 years later? Who does that--who jumps 2000 years when their friends' land and city is going to be overrun by terrorists, brigands and federal army troups trying to keep the peace? Mental cases! Who does that when Dan 9 started a sequence 490 years back that was 490 years long and is unfolding?

Interplanner

No, it is the revelation of Christ. The subject is Christ. The recipient is John, which could have been any human.

It is about things that were to happen then, quickly, swiftly, says the 1st chapter.

It is not prophecy in the sense of Nostradamus forming a perfect list of everything to happen in the future.

The people in those 7 churches had fled Judea and John was helping them like a pastor to understand that God was in control of the awful things they saw, or that robbed them of friends, husbands, wives, children in Judea. Christ does reign even when things like this happen.

As usual for the NT, the 2nd coming was expected right after them but there are at least 3 places that allow for a delay between the DofJ and the 2nd coming and the Rev is consistent about that.

The opening line is: The revelation (uncovering) of Jesus Christ, which God gave him (Christ).

Why would he need to be uncovered? That is the question of evil all through time; we can't always see him at work, but he is.

Interplanner

I understand then, that you disregard what it says it is on its first page. So, yours is the view that disregards what it says it is on the first page. Got it.