Does anyone go to heaven when they die?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In 1 Timothy 5:18 Paul joins a New Testament scripture (Luke 10:7) to an Old Testament scripture (Deuteronomy 25:4) and calls them both scripture. In addition, we can see in 2 Peter 3:15-16 Peter recognizes what Paul writes as scripture.

As 2 Peter 1:20-21 says. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
I know all these scriptures.

oatmeal

Does anyone go to heaven when they die?

How are we to understand resurrection, rather?

No one goes to heaven immediately upon death.

Death is a continuing state that does not end until someone raises the dead to life.

The only human who is in heaven is the son of God Jesus Christ.

He did not go directly to heaven at his death. Rather he was entombed and remained dead until God raised him to the dead 3 days and three nights after he was entombed.

Even then he did go to heaven, he was taken up to heaven 10 days before Pentecost.

He was alive, he showed himself alive by many infallible proofs before he was taken up.

I Thessalonians 4:13-17 make it clear that until the dead in Christ rise up and meet the lord in the air that they are not with the lord. Note the phrase, so, or in this manner, so shall we ever be with the lord.

Those who teach otherwise have not taken all scriptural evidence seriously

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Death is a continuing state that does not end until someone raises the dead to life.

He did not go directly to heaven at his death. Rather he was entombed and remained dead until God raised him to the dead 3 days and three nights after he was entombed.

Even then he did go to heaven, he was taken up to heaven 10 days before Pentecost.

He was alive, he showed himself alive by many infallible proofs before he was taken up.

I Thessalonians 4:13-17 make it clear that until the dead in Christ rise up and meet the lord in the air that they are not with the lord. Note the phrase, so, or in this manner, so shall we ever be with the lord.

Interesting perspective. I do not know if it was ten days before.

God's Truth

You make no sense.

If no one goes to heaven when they die, then when do they go? There is no scripture that says anyone but Jesus went to heaven in his body. There is no other time a human will go to heaven. Those saved go to heaven with their spirit when they die.

Matthew 23:3 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

You keep people out of heaven who are trying to go there.