Do you need knowledge of or access to the Bible to be a good Christian believer?

beameup

I've been tracking North Korea for decades, and believe that there are many Christians there.
However, they are forbidden to own or have access to the Bible. Would it suffice for them to rely totally on the Holy Spirit in order to be an obedient Christian?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Actually Bibles are smuggled into N.Korea regularly: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...w-christian-texts-infiltrate-north-korea.html

One way is by balloons:

'On the nights when the winds are light and the skies are dark, hundreds of helium-filled balloons are sent up and away from multiple points in South Korea, destined a few miles away and into North Korea. Only these are no ordinary balloons — they are considered “Bible Balloons,” adorned with the Words of God printed in Korean or flash drives featuring the entire texts of the Testament.'

beameup

Actually Bibles are smuggled into N.Korea regularly: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...w-christian-texts-infiltrate-north-korea.html

One way is by balloons:

'On the nights when the winds are light and the skies are dark, hundreds of helium-filled balloons are sent up and away from multiple points in South Korea, destined a few miles away and into North Korea. Only these are no ordinary balloons — they are considered “Bible Balloons,” adorned with the Words of God printed in Korean or flash drives featuring the entire texts of the Testament.'

Drop in the bucket. The country is run like the book 1984 where the entire country spies on each other. Merely being caught with a Bible results in prison, and parents and even grandchildren being imprisoned for 3 generations.

popsthebuilder

I've been tracking North Korea for decades, and believe that there are many Christians there.
However, they are forbidden to own or have access to the Bible. Would it suffice for them to rely totally on the Holy Spirit in order to be an obedient Christian?
Of course.

GOD doesn't need anything for HIS will to be done. That includes any book.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

WatchmanOnTheWall

Drop in the bucket. The country is run like the book 1984 where the entire country spies on each other. Merely being caught with a Bible results in prison, and parents and even grandchildren being imprisoned for 3 generations.

I agree Christians are persecuted in N.Korea perhaps more than anywhere in the world but you are making sound like there are no Bibles there at all but one South Korean Christian organisation alone sends around 70,000 Bible's each year:

There are churches there too:

1503017142702.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...ive-in-worlds-most-anti-christian-nation.html

God's Word goes everywhere.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, 'Lord, who has believed our report?' So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:16-17)

beameup

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, 'Lord, who has believed our report?' So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:16-17)
It says HEARING, not READING
What "Bibles" did the Roman Gentiles have?

glorydaz

Corrie Ten Boom was able to keep her Bible in a death camp....the guards just didn't see it.

And the whispered word is just as powerful as that shouted from the rooftops.

beameup

The same one Paul had, the Septuagint.
I don't think that there were that many copies circulating.
The Gospel was spread by word-of-mouth.
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. (or the word about Christ) - Romans 10:17 ESV

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think that there were that many copies circulating.
The Gospel was spread by word-of-mouth.
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. (or the word about Christ) - Romans 10:17 ESV

"These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)

Trust but verify.

beameup

"These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)
Trust but verify.

How convenient to eliminate verse 10:
And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Obviously SYNAGOGUES had copies of the Old Testament.

Context makes a difference.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How convenient to eliminate verse 10:
And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Obviously SYNAGOGUES had copies of the Old Testament.

Context makes a difference.

Obviously, salvation began with the Judeans.