ECT Do you know being crucified with Christ means?

Cross Reference

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

Cross Reference

I don't know what crucified with Christ means
Thank you chrysotom, for honesty that I sincerely appreciate. No playing games here:

Crucifixion is, as we know to be, a slow agonizing death, a process that until it is complete, has not been completed; still going on in the hope of being "completely" conformed to the image of Christ.

In the practical but nevertheless spiritual necessity that I am speaking of it, is simply the giving up of our rights to ourselves that Jesus, as Paul spoke of His Faith being in essence the Life of the "Son of God", can be fully manifested in our flesh. Again, it is process but, one that ends in Brotherhood with Jesus in the fullest sense of the word. cf Heb. 2:10 KJV.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Thank you chrysotom, for honesty that I sincerely appreciate. No playing games here:

Crucifixion is, as we know to be, a slow agonizing death, a process that until it is complete, has not been completed; still going on in the hope of being "completely" conformed to the image of Christ.

In the practical but nevertheless spiritual necessity that I am speaking of it, is simply the giving up of our rights to ourselves that Jesus, as Paul spoke of His Faith being in essence the Life of the "Son of God", can be fully manifested in our flesh. Again, it is process but, one that ends in Brotherhood with Jesus in the fullest sense of the word. cf Heb. 2:10 KJV.

I still don't know what crucified with Christ means
and
I wonder why anyone says that

who really understands what you are saying?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it means your old man, your sinning self, is nailed to the cross and killed

and then you are reborn a new man, in Christ

still don't know what that means

they told me
I have a chance to live
because
Jesus suffered and died for us

Cross Reference

I still don't know what crucified with Christ means
and
I wonder why anyone says that

who really understands what you are saying?

My mentors. Those who I have leaned for understanding for many years.

Question: Did not Jesus give up His rights to Himself when hanging on that cross? Now, if we are to be conformed to him, His love disposition, as Paul explains in Rom. 8:29; 36 KJV, don't you believe we have to give up our rights to God, as He did?

This is NOT about salvation but of "becoming a son brought unto glory".

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My mentors. Those who I have leaned for understanding for many years.

Question: Did not Jesus give up His rights to Himself when hanging on that cross? Now, if we are to be conformed to him, His love disposition, as Paul explains in Rom. 8:29; 36 KJV, don't you believe we have to give up our rights to God, as He did?

that is not what Jesus did

He died so we don't have to

Cross Reference

that is not what Jesus did

He died so we don't have to

That is exactly what Jesus did otherwise He would have come off the cross.

Nope. When you get that all that correctly sorted out, get back to me. Why I say that is because, apparently that is the limit of your understanding of the why of our salvation that stands in the way of you moving in Christ, you are able to discuss. I am beyond that in my life. Maybe later.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That is exactly what Jesus did otherwise He would have come off the cross.

Nope. When you get that all that correctly sorted out, get back to me. Why I say that is because, apparently that is the limit of your understanding of the why of our salvation that stands in the way of you moving in Christ, you are able to discuss. I am beyond that in my life. Maybe later.

you asked us
if
we know what it means
I don't
and
told you so

I still don't

brewmama

It means baptism.
In the Christian Church the practice of baptism takes on a new and particular significance. It no longer remains merely a sign of moral change and spiritual rebirth. It becomes very specifically the act of a person’s death and resurrection in and with Jesus. Christian baptism is man’s participation in the event of Easter. It is a “new birth by water and the Holy Spirit” into the Kingdom of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

The prerequisite is death. No one is allowed to be judged until after their death. Since we died through water baptism judgment begins at the house of God.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." 1 Peter 1:2 KJV

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7 KJV

In both cases here, blood is used to cleanse.

Notice-as the subject of this overrated thread points out:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 KJV

When Paul speaks about the cross of Christ, he sometimes refers to this "with crucifixion." Outside of Romans-Philemon, you will not find this. The bible is a book of details.

There is a dichotomy, a division. In this dispensation, the believer is accounted to be "crucified with Christ." That is, the believer is applied to the cross, if you will. Outside the present age, the blood of the cross is applied to the person. The direction of the 2 ways is opposite. You will not find Paul speaking of being washed in the blood, and no where outside of Roman-Philemon is anyone spoken of being crucified with Christ. Without recognizing Paul's distinct ministry, the dispensation of the grace of God, facts like these get "brushed aside", and divisions go unnoticed. And the proof texts supporting eternal "in-security" in past ages, as STP would say, get "blended" together with the doctrine for this dispensation.

I nominate this post for BPOTD-"Brilliant Post Of The Decade."

Let the applause commence.....I would applaud myself, but my humility precludes that.

john w

Hall of Fame
Respective members of the boc are reckoned to be "crucified with Christ."

Thus, when the Lord Jesus Christ died, we died with Him. We were there. How's that, wacko John W? Survey the book of Ephesians, specifically(although it is a theme in all 13), and memorize "in Him," or "in Christ"-it is employed as a constant state of existence. Saints, members of the boc, are "in Him," not outside of Him watching, not walking beside Him. Saints are in Him. Our justification /salvation is in Him, not somewhere outside His existence.

Same with when the Lord Jesus Christ was buried-we were reckoned as being buried "with him," because we are "in Him"-united. We were not outside the tomb, but in it.

Colossians 2 KJV

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Thus, not only was the Lord Jesus Christ buried, but saints/boc members were buried with him, because we are in Him .

glorydaz

:mock: Cross Reference