• I have never bought or sold anything on eBay

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • What's ebay?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you ever get people wanting to return stuff? How do you handle that?

BTW, your place in Ohio sounds pretty nice. I like the fact that the backyard is considered designated wilderness. (Or whatever it is)
When you buy and sell on ebay you are bound to run into the occasional knucklehead. I would say.... 1 out of 100 will give you a hard time no matter what you do. Even still, my ebay rep is 100% positive.

SUTG

Hmmm...I've been meaning to sell some stuff on ebay for the past several weeks. Hopefully, I'll finally get around to it with the three day weekend coming up.

This thread should help alot...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmmm...I've been meaning to sell some stuff on ebay for the past several weeks. Hopefully, I'll finally get around to it with the three day weekend coming up.

This thread should help alot...
Knights keys to ebay selling.....

- Crisp clear pictures of your item.
- Concise, (yet somewhat detailed) description of your product
- No reserve
- Low starting price (like a $1)

Risky, yes! But it gets the bidding going which makes people think that your item must be desirable. I used to buy collectible diecast cars on ebay and turn right around and sell them for a profit. Why would people pay more for my auctions than other auctions???? Because of my ebay selling strategy (outlined above).

I like to add a personal touch to my auctions. Once I added a picture of my daughter in a auction for a used cell phone and the phone sold more than a person could get a new cell phone of the same kind! :dizzy:

Also be aware of when your auction will close (7 days from the time you list the item). Make sure your auction doesn't close at an awkward time of day nor on a holiday or some other day that might hurt people trying to grab your item at the last second.

Aimiel

It's funny how people will pay more on an online auction for an item than they might pay if they simply shopped around; but I guess that's one of the reasons e-Bay is so popular. You often get more for your sale item than you expected.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's funny how people will pay more on an online auction for an item than they might pay if they simply shopped around; but I guess that's one of the reasons e-Bay is so popular. You often get more for your sale item than you expected.
I think people like to win stuff.

Maybe that's why ebay's new marketing strategy is.... "shop victoriously!"

Aimiel

Do you ever get people wanting to return stuff? How do you handle that?
I haven't yet, but I'd be more than happy to do so. No one has yet even ever said they were the least bit dissappointed. I always disclose any and all noticeable (and even non-noticable) flaws in every item. I don't want anyone to even feel that they were cheated.
BTW, your place in Ohio sounds pretty nice. I like the fact that the backyard is considered designated wilderness. (Or whatever it is)
I had it certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat. We have deer, pheasant, racoons, opossums, squirrels, red foxes, coyotes, at least four different types of woodpecker and even a nesting pair of Red-Tail Hawks. One time we looked out our kitchen window and saw twelve deer. Watching the fawns jump and play in the spring is the most fun. They're so energetic. Our house is OK, but our back yard is GREAT. I love to just go out there and take down honeysuckle and make piles of brush for animals to nest in. We've got one pile that has a pair of Cardinals that stay in it year-round, one with possums in it and a hollow tree with racoons living in it. Our land is on a cul-de-sac and is an acre of virgin forest right next to ten acres of same, which is next to railroad property which has a lot of woods on it that leads to a 100-acre local park. We're also about 100 yards from an indian mound.

Aimiel

I think people like to win stuff.

Maybe that's why ebay's new marketing strategy is.... "shop victoriously!"
Funny how when you buy something, e-Bay calls it 'winning' but when you sell something, they don't call it 'losing.' :chuckle:

Aimiel

Plan your item to close on a Friday or Saturday, preferably, so that your public will be more likely to have just gotten paid. :Shimei:

Aimiel

No, an un-excavated Ancient Indian burial mound, of which there are over 2,500 in Ohio alone. Ohio is also home to the largest ancient archaeological site in North America: Serpent Mound.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, an un-excavated Ancient Indian burial mound, of which there are over 2,500 in Ohio alone. Ohio is also home to the largest ancient archaeological site in North America: Serpent Mound.
Perfect!!! JACKPOT!!!!

Go out back.......and....

Dig up dead indians, and dead indian stuff, and sell it on ebay!!!

Aimiel

Perfect!!! JACKPOT!!!!

Go out back.......and....

Dig up dead indians, and dead indian stuff, and sell it on ebay!!!
Actually, that is something I always do when I'm out. You should see my arrowhead collection. A friend of mine is an Ancient Indian artifact collecting amateur. He has many arrowheads, several axe-heads, pots and even jewelery (turquoise, no less), that he's found in and around Ohio. He knows many closely-guarded secrets for un-earthing them, and for some reason, the Ancient Indians favored Southern Ohio.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually, that is something I always do when I'm out. You should see my arrowhead collection. A friend of mine is an Ancient Indian artifact collecting amateur. He has many arrowheads, several axe-heads, pots and even jewelery (turquoise, no less), that he's found in and around Ohio. He knows many closely-guarded secrets for un-earthing them, and for some reason, the Ancient Indians favored Southern Ohio.
Any human scalps?

Those Indians were savages!

Aimiel

Actually, they were pretty civilized. The things that have been found in their villages give plenty clues that the Egyptians, Mayans and Ancient Indians of North America had a lot in common. They used fired-clay pottery, adornment with jewelery and elaborate worship rituals. Much of this culture existed about 5-6,000 years ago. Google Fort Ancient or Serpent Mound. They're both very interesting. I've been to several sites and find them fascinating.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I've bought and sold some things on eBay. It's a great place to look for skin care products. I've purchased Bare Minerals and Arbonne products for much less than on other websites or in stores. I've sold a couple of old games, some collectible books, and a home theater projector.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I buy a little. I sell a little less. I use E bay more fore checking what things are worth.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I bought a Pente game off Ebay. It was back when the old style tube with the role up board was unavailable. I don't remember what I paid but it wasn't a lot. It was a great buy.

One other time, I bought what I thought was going to be a sort of medium sized angel water fountain. My mom collects figures of angels (good ones) and so I thought it would make a good gift for Mother's day or Christmas or something but when I got it, it turned out to be this worthless little-bitty dollar store quality piece of **** that sort of looked like the figure of an angel. It was so worthless, we never even hooked it up. We just chunked it in the trash and chalked it up as a lesson learned. Pictures can be deceiving!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I once was a regular seller on Ebay, but not since 2001

BTW: I sold out some of my high-end amplifiers after that time, once I realized I would never be the person I was in my past.