DO THE POLICE NEED TO BE MONITORED?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I was a kid, a cop spilled a hot cup of coffee on me as he swore at me.

Another time a cop consouled me after he had to shoot my dog when it went nuts because the witch next door hit it over the head with a rake.

I could go on with counter examples of each.

Cops are people. Some are jerks; some are great people.

Some are criminals through and through; some border on sainthood.

As in all walks of life.

And YES - theirs IS a VERY dangerous job.

Only an idiot of a jerk would "one size fits all" cops.

True.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
First of all, let me confess that I've NEVER been mistreated in any way by the Police. These guys/gals have a very dangerous job and are under a tremendous amount of stress at times. When they pull over a car, they don't know if the passengers have a weapon or not. They must always be alert and ready for any kind of situation. If you've been watching Youtube these days, a lot of people are using cameras to record the police interactions. Also, you may notice the police often will pull over a motorist for a minor taillight being out, then, proceed to ask for the owners Licence, registration and proof of insurance.

There are certain "groups" of people such as "so-called Constitutionalists" that are refusing to follow the Cops orders and show their proper papers. What happens is, an argument ensues and the problems escalate. Sometimes, ending in an arrest and/or violence. Personally, I have always complied with the Police. It appears, in these times we live in, the Police and the citizenry seem to act as if it's, "Us against them." Perhaps, our police need to relearn how to maintain civility and not overreact at times. When force is needed, that's a different story. I think that Police MUST wear accurate "Audio/video" equipment at all times, in order to protect them from unruly citizens and to protect citizens from unruly Police. This needs to become necessary in order to protect our society. There are both good and bad cops/citizens.

What say you?

Erosion of the authority of the police is the seeds of anarchy that Leeds to political collapse and degradation of democracy.

Fabian commutarionism thrives on it, but there is a religion creeping in the shadows that will exploit it. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I was a kid, a cop spilled a hot cup of coffee on me as he swore at me.

Another time a cop consouled me after he had to shoot my dog when it went nuts because the witch next door hit it over the head with a rake.

I could go on with counter examples of each.

Cops are people. Some are jerks; some are great people.

Some are criminals through and through; some border on sainthood.

As in all walks of life.

And YES - theirs IS a VERY dangerous job.

Only an idiot of a jerk would "one size fits all" cops.

:thumb: Indeed ... which is the case in most circumstances of people using lazy generalizations. Cop-hating is selective ... until the person who is doing the hating needs one.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The fact of most people not wanting anything to with a police officer speaks for itself- people don't want to speak to police officers or share the road with them. They don't want them knocking on their door or even caught looking.

Most people are simply unaware of their fear of police, and because of it they question what they themselves exhibit!

People don't trust the police because they are unpredictable and have literally thousands of reasons they could pull you over or otherwise stop you. 'Probable cause' has become a joke, and the police are frankly just given too much power- and you wonder why there's problem?

A naive person trusts the police, that's just a facto mundo.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rather than monitoring the police, citizens should monitor themselves. I am over 50 and have NEVER had a run in with the police. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I am a white female and everything to do with the fact that I was taught growing up that it isn't cute, clever or cool to defy police officers.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rather than monitoring the police, citizens should monitor themselves. I am over 50 and have NEVER had a run in with the police. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I am a white female and everything to do with the fact that I was taught growing up that it isn't cute, clever or cool to defy police officers.

Yeah, good to walk on eggshells so the police don't harass you.

Fear them as gods :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The fact of most people not wanting anything to with a police officer speaks for itself- people don't want to speak to police officers or share the road with them. They don't want them knocking on their door or even caught looking.

Most people are simply unaware of their fear of police, and because of it they question what they themselves exhibit!

People don't trust the police because they are unpredictable and have literally thousands of reasons they could pull you over or otherwise stop you. 'Probable cause' has become a joke, and the police are frankly just given too much power- and you wonder why there's problem?

A naive person trusts the police, that's just a facto mundo.

So, have you ever been pulled over and started a fistfight with the Cops? Why don't you put a bumper sticker on the back of your car that says: "I hate Cops and I dare one to stop me!!" You talk BIG when you're in front of your Laptop screen huh?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Erosion of the authority of the police is the seeds of anarchy that Leeds to political collapse and degradation of democracy.

Fabian commutarionism thrives on it, but there is a religion creeping in the shadows that will exploit it. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Wasn't "Fabian" a singer in the 60s?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why don't you just go on and shut up with that cliche nonsense- there is nothing stressful about driving around with a pistol and an assault rifle in the carriage, harassing people to bring money to the county or city.

The police are just state arms- and they killed innocent people who you NEVER have and NEVER will show remorse for because of your blind allegiance to these godforsaken people.

And they are sniping them out; and you know what I say?

It's
About
Time_

Second Amendment bro- resistance of tyranny.
There's nothing quite like a man finding pride in sabotaging the Constitution and being called a 'patriot' for it- what a bad joke, for real- I hope you all choke on it one day_

Have you had run-ins with the police because of some criminality of yours? Sounds like you don't like the cops?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why don't you just go on and shut up with that cliche nonsense- there is nothing stressful about driving around with a pistol and an assault rifle in the carriage, harassing people to bring money to the county or city.

The police are just state arms- and they killed innocent people who you NEVER have and NEVER will show remorse for because of your blind allegiance to these godforsaken people.

And they are sniping them out; and you know what I say?

It's
About
Time_

Second Amendment bro- resistance of tyranny.
There's nothing quite like a man finding pride in sabotaging the Constitution and being called a 'patriot' for it- what a bad joke, for real- I hope you all choke on it one day_

Are you advocating the killing of cops? Sure sounds like it here.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you advocating the killing of cops? Sure sounds like it here.

I advocate whatever will stand against the unnecessary killing of people by police officers.

The problem with you all is that everything has to be one extreme or the next-

I'm against the institution that promotes immorality from women, so that makes me 'anti-woman'
I'm against the institution that patently rationalizes police violence, so that makes me 'anti police'
I'm against the institution that encourages voting on account of a person's opinion rather than ability, so that makes me 'liberal'

You people are all the same- you advocate the indifference of people executed by police simply because you don't like them, and find fault in them to justify it.

It sounds a whole lot to me like you are all just abysmal hypocrites, simply looking for something in which you can pretend to have good morals.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Rom. 13:1 "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
Rom. 13:2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
Rom. 13:3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
Rom. 13:4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
Rom. 13:5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake."
This, plus monitoring. As President Reagan used to say, "Trust but verify."

fool

Hall of Fame
Yes, cameras on all the cops all the time.
Federal investigation of every killing by police, all the time.
AND
Federal Decoy Program. I would like to see a TV show like "Bait Car", where instead of dropping a bugged car in a high crime neighborhood they have a black federal agent dressed in a McDonald's uniform drive a perfectly compliant yet cosmetically unappealing car thru some of our cities and watch what transpires.