ECT Dispensation of Grace

Right Divider

Body part
Conversion to what?
To Christ, their Messiah.

Repent of His murder and turn to Him.
Act 3:13-21 KJV The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. (14) But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; (15) And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. (16) And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. (17) And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. (18) But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. (19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Had they repented and converted AT THAT TIME, Jesus Christ would have returned and established His kingdom.

This "restitution" in verse 21 is the same thing that the apostles asked Him about in Acts 1:6.
Act 1:6-8 KJV When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? (7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. (8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Jesus told them that it was not theirs to know the TIME. They clearly understood that the kingdom was to be restored. Jesus taught them about THIS for FORTY DAYS just prior to their question.
Act 1:3 KJV To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It would be fruitless to go into a discussion with someone about spiritual things when it is becoming apparent that you may not even trust that what the Lord did in your place 2000 years ago was enough to save you eternally as I saw your comment in the once saved maybe saved thread that you don't believe in eternal security.

You're right.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I still dont know what you are talking about, and you still serve a different god and christ than i do !

You're an "ultra hyper-Calvinist fanatic." Because of that,
you misinterpret and misrepresent Scripture. That's the way you
guys roll. I highly doubt you're in the Body of Christ? So, don't
concern yourself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What did Jesus mean by "the kingdom is at hand" if it wasn't going to be established soon?

When a person physically dies the next instant in their life is their resurrection to life. Jesus was offering to the Jews the kingdom of God, which for each person is instantaneous for them since they are not conscious of the passing of time.

turbosixx

To Christ, their Messiah.

Repent of His murder and turn to Him.

That is exactly what 3,000 did.

God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified." 37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?"

Jesus told them that it was not theirs to know the TIME. They clearly understood that the kingdom was to be restored. Jesus taught them about THIS for FORTY DAYS just prior to their question

I would suggest that what ignorant men understood isn't what we should base our understanding on.

Paul preached the kingdom years after their question.
Acts 28:31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.

It just makes more sense that Jesus said it was at hand and we see people being added to it, beginning at Pentecost. Paul said we are transferred to it in one of his last letters.
Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My odds based on scripture. From what I gather, most MADist learned and understand it from books by men.

I can honestly say, the last book I read was fiction 20 years ago. I learned everything from my King James Bibles, I focus on Paul's epistles more than any part of the Bible. That's where we find ourselves today

Yep, when I want something to read it's the newspaper in the morning and the Bible any other time. King James is what Nikki Sixx needs, he probably has a children's Bible.

turbosixx

It would be fruitless to go into a discussion with someone about spiritual things when it is becoming apparent that you may not even trust that what the Lord did in your place 2000 years ago was enough to save you eternally as I saw your comment in the once saved maybe saved thread that you don't believe in eternal security.

I can respect that. Thanks for your time.

turbosixx

I can honestly say, the last book I read was fiction 20 years ago. I learned everything from my King James Bibles, I focus on Paul's epistles more than any part of the Bible. That's where we find ourselves today

Glad to hear it. I believe the bible is written on a level we can understand without a PhD. But we have to be honest with ourselves and try to understand what it says without reading into it what we want it to say. I do try my best. Only the truth will set you free.