ECT Dispensation of Grace

turbosixx

On OUR works of righteousness.... absolutely not.

Read Acts 10 again without your "it's all the same" bias.

Read Acts 10 and tell me Peter isn't preaching forgiveness of sin through Christ without your bias.

He says "works righteousness" before he preaches the gospel to them, not after.

Right Divider

Body part
Again, your seeing what you want to see. If Paul's point was no water involved then why did he not say "DRY LAND" as you are???? We will never agree as long as you only see what you want to see in each passage. I agree I can do the same but in this passage he points out the water involved, twice and says nothing about being dry.

baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Why would Paul baptize people if it isn't the truth of the gospel. I know you say "progressive" but that isn't good enough to wipe away all the baptisms he performs. Why would he perform a single one is my question. People are only baptized after they believe. If they believe the gospel and there is no water involved in the truth of the gospel there is no good reason to baptize them at this point. In fact the opposite is true, to prove the truth of the gospel Paul would not baptize. He only circumcised Tim in order to open the mind of the Jews so they would listen to the gospel.
Baptized into Moses has nothing to do with water.

You have water on the brain.

See my earlier post about SIX "baptisms' in TWO verses and NONE of them have ANY water.

Right Divider

Body part
Read Acts 10 and tell me Peter isn't preaching forgiveness of sin through Christ without your bias.

He says "works righteousness" before he preaches the gospel to them, not after.
There is no way to get the gospel of the grace of God into Acts 10.

In Acts 2-5 Peter is preaching to Israel and is NOT calling the cross good news.

turbosixx

Baptized into Moses has nothing to do with water.

You have water on the brain.

See my earlier post about SIX "baptisms' in TWO verses and NONE of them have ANY water.

Your earlier post was before Jesus said this:
19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of

I love your passion but I think we have reached an impasse. I will continue to dwell on what we have talked about.

turbosixx

There is no way to get the gospel of the grace of God into Acts 10.

Yep, they're totally different.

1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

Acts 10:38 You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43 Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins."

Right Divider

Body part
Yep, they're totally different.

1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

Acts 10:38 You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43 Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins."
Since God had already told the twelve to "go to all the world", why do you suppose that God have to tell Peter three times that he needed to go to Cornelius?

Do you, again, think that Peter was dumb?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since God had already told the twelve to "go to all the world", why do you suppose that God have to tell Peter three times that he needed to go to Cornelius?

Peter had a problem in his mind.

He could not see the forest for the trees.

He went from one extreme to the other and back.

It required revelation from God to set Him straight and quite a few times too. It was the nature of the man which required that, and is given as an example for all of us including you Freddy.

LA

Right Divider

Body part

It required revelation from God to set Him straight and quite a few times too. It was the nature of the man which required that, and is given as an example for all of us including you Freddy.

LA
You need to do better than these kinds of sweeping generalizations WITHOUT any facts to back up your weak argument.

Was Peter wrong when he was filled with the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost and spoke specifically to the "men of Israel" and "men of Judea" and did not ONCE refer to the cross as THE good news?

P.S. Who the heck is Freddy?

Interplanner

You need to do better than these kinds of sweeping generalizations WITHOUT any facts to back up your weak argument.

Was Peter wrong when he was filled with the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost and spoke specifically to the "men of Israel" and "men of Judea" and did not ONCE refer to the cross as THE good news?

P.S. Who the heck is Freddy?

You're just about all you pontificated categories on that one, sir: confused, misdirected, deviant. A person does not have to use the word Gospel every time he covers the material. If you didn't notice about Acts 2, he offered God's forgiveness for the most unthinkable of sins, didn't he? And you don't know that's Gospel?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

LA

His name is Omar, not Freddy

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're just about all you pontificated categories on that one, sir: confused, misdirected, deviant. A person does not have to use the word Gospel every time he covers the material.
It's not about the word gospel that is missing it is "that Christ died for our sins" that is MIA from Pentecost. It wasn't preached because it wasn't known (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).
If you didn't notice about Acts 2, he offered God's forgiveness for the most unthinkable of sins, didn't he? And you don't know that's Gospel?
Actually, the offer on the table was baptism for the remission of sins and they shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38 KJV) as Israel looks forward to the blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). That's not until the second coming of the Lord!

Right Divider

Body part
You're just about all you pontificated categories on that one, sir: confused, misdirected, deviant. A person does not have to use the word Gospel every time he covers the material. If you didn't notice about Acts 2, he offered God's forgiveness for the most unthinkable of sins, didn't he? And you don't know that's Gospel?
You could not possibly be more confused.

Exactly WHERE in Acts 2-5 does Peter even HINT to the FACT that the CROSS is GOOD NEWS?

Put up or shut up!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean to tell me that being charged with a murder indictment is not good news?

They were not being charged with murder, they were being released from their guilt which the Spirit convicted them of.

They responded correctly as every Christian since has--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

turbosixx

No I don’t think they were dumb at all but you have to consider their situation. They didn’t have the complete revealed word as we do. They really didn’t understand a lot of things that were happening. For example, how many times did Jesus tell them he was going to die and rise again the third day and they had prophecies about it yet what do we see?
Jn. 20:8 So the other disciple who had first come to the tomb then also entered, and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 So the disciples went away again to their own homes.

Most of the time, it was only after the fact that they were able to piece things together and understand or Jesus either had to open their minds or they had to be guided by the Holy Spirit.
Luke 24:44 Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,
Jn. 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

So no, I’m not surprised that they didn’t understand being told something totally new only once.

SaulToPaul 2

LA

Made up.