ECT Desire spiritual gifts.

oatmeal

Since, according to you, all of scripture is written specifically to you/everyone, is about you/everyone, is for your/everyone's obedience, and applies in each dispensation, to you/everyone, here you go:

Matthew 16:20 KJV
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Luke 18:22 KJV
Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Mark 1:44 KJV
And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Do it.

Watch the wolf-ette's spamming from the bible a few verses, in "response," that craftily punts, dismisses my counter argument. It's called misdirection...deceit...con game....spinning a top...dodge ball...do the hokey pokey, and turn all about...

Watch. Guaranteed.

Counter argument?

You have a counter argument?

Can't wait to see your counter argument to God's clear calling.

Can't wait to see God counter argue with Acts 1:8 or Acts 2:38 or I Corinthians 12-14 or Ephesians 1:18-21

John, you want to remain ignorant of spiritual matters, that is your choice.

And it is clear that you and your buddies would rather be ignorant and unbelieving about spiritual matters than learn and believe.

Your problem

oatmeal

Hi and just read verse 7 , as the manifestation of the Spirit IS GIVEN TO EVERY MAN , and this proves you WRONG !!

You fell into a hole on this one , don't you see !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Since it is given to every man, that would include you.

Why are you not seeking to learn to put them to use instead of whining?

there are spiritual gifts besides the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit.

Ephesians 4:8,11

There are right places in the body for apostles and prophets and evangelists and pastors and teachers to be serving.

They serve God and are necessary for the maturing of the saints.

Different people/places have different needs, the people are to desire (by believing prayer ) that what they need to mature will be there

oatmeal

Thing is I have witnessed so much abuse of spiritual gifts over the years that I am always skeptical when I see them in action now. However, I have also seen the genuine in action and used under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit they are a great boon to the church and a great source of edification.

Pete 👤

Of course you have seen abuse of spiritual gifts and manifestations.

People tend to ignore God's instructions on the proper use of the gifts and manifestations

do you think that the Ten Commandments given to the children of Israel were given because the people were already doing it right?

Or how about Ephesians 4:32 Why would God tell His people that if they were already doing it right?

There is a complete set of instructions in scripture on how to use God's gifts and callings to His glory and our benefit without mocking God and making fools of ourselves.

God's people do not always live up to all of scripture.

revpete

Hi , and you are right on , that the FRAUD is perpetrated BECAUSE Mark 16:15-18 is yet in the Future Tense and NOT for today and they want so bad to prove Acts 2 at Pentecost is right .

If Pentecost is true for TODAY there would be NO FRAUD , would there ??

dan p

I don't think that it's fraud because that would mean that it's a deliberate action. You can't commit fraud by accident. I think, well at least in the vast majority of cases that I've heard it's more a case of genuine believers letting their fleshly enthusiasm get the better of them. The genuine is out there after all.

Pete 👤

revpete

Desire spiritual gifts.

Of course you have seen abuse of spiritual gifts and manifestations.

People tend to ignore God's instructions on the proper use of the gifts and manifestations

do you think that the Ten Commandments given to the children of Israel were given because the people were already doing it right?

Or how about Ephesians 4:32 Why would God tell His people that if they were already doing it right?

There is a complete set of instructions in scripture on how to use God's gifts and callings to His glory and our benefit without mocking God and making fools of ourselves.

God's people do not always live up to all of scripture.

Yep, amen there! However, don't you think that there's more to using the gifts correctly than following a set of instructions. Take this the right way but you make it sound like building a model airplane lol. IMO if the gifts are used in conjunction with the fruit (which IMO is more important) then the required result would be achieved ie The Lord glorified and His people edified.

Pete 👤

Last edited:

musterion

There has been no abuse of signs and wonders since Paul's day...can't abuse that which doesn't exist anymore. All that Christendom has seen has been lies, self-delusion or demonic counterfeit. Babbling nonsense 'tongues,' blood'weeping statues or Pio's stigmata...all the same. They're from the flesh or from demons but are not of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
His fruit, yes. But Himself? He draws focus to Christ, He does not draw attention to Himself.

So the He is allowed to develop fruit at least [it's a good job He knows His bounds] Yes He manifests Christ in us.

Last edited:

revpete

There has been no abuse of signs and wonders since Paul's day...can't abuse that which doesn't exist anymore. All that Christendom has seen has been lies, self-delusion or demonic counterfeit. Babbling nonsense 'tongues,' blood'weeping statues or Pio's stigmata...all the same. They're from the flesh or from demons but are not of God.

Careful now musty, you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. However, that aside I do understand where you are coming from and there is an argument from scripture to substantiate what you say. After considerable study on this subject and reading all I could get my hands on that speak against the gifts I still feel that both scripturally and historically the gifts of The Holy Spirit used properly are a great blessing from The Lord in the edification of His church.

Pete 👤

oatmeal

Yep, amen there! However, don't you think that there's more to using the gifts correctly than following a set of instructions. Take this the right way but you make it sound like building a model airplane lol. IMO if the gifts are used in conjunction with the fruit (which IMO is more important) then the required result would be achieved ie The Lord glorified and His people edified.

Pete ��

Look at the major subjects of I Corinthians 12-14

A lot is covered, including the chapter on love.

Chapter 13 is nestled between 12 and 14 because it is supposed to be there.

Love is the prime motivation. not self glory or anything else.

Love of God and love to fellow believers

All the instructions of chapter 12 and 14 are to be activated by love.

The misuse of the manifestations mock God who gave them for profit.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

If we are going to ignore 12 and 14, then it follows that chapter 13 should be ignored as well.

If we are to exalt chapter 13 we must recognize the context in which it is presented.

the manifestations are part of love and love requires we make use of the manifestations.

revpete

Look at the major subjects of I Corinthians 12-14

A lot is covered, including the chapter on love.

Chapter 13 is nestled between 12 and 14 because it is supposed to be there.

Love is the prime motivation. not self glory or anything else.

Love of God and love to fellow believers

All the instructions of chapter 12 and 14 are to be activated by love.

The misuse of the manifestations mock God who gave them for profit.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

Yep, well said! 🌟

Pete 👤

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Wow, Pentecostals disregard their fellow Pentecostals obvious rotten fruit which is not trivial things.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

It is obvious something is very wrong with their faith with their kind of witnessing to the world.

revpete

Wow, Pentecostals disregard their fellow Pentecostals obvious rotten fruit which is not trivial things.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

It is obvious something is very wrong with their faith with their kind of witnessing to the world.

What are you talking about?

Pete 👤

musterion

Careful now musty, you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. However, that aside I do understand where you are coming from and there is an argument from scripture to substantiate what you say. After considerable study on this subject and reading all I could get my hands on that speak against the gifts I still feel that both scripturally and historically the gifts of The Holy Spirit used properly are a great blessing from The Lord in the edification of His church.

Pete 👤

Then do them.