Theology Club: Departure cannot possibly mean the removal of the church

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It isn't?

Look at Revelation. When does it indicate the wrath of God begins?

It CANNOT begin until the church is gathered, tribulation we shall have according to both Christ and Paul which should tell you that Tribulation and God's wrath are two things quite different.

Prophecy is best got from the open books of the bible.

So the church is gathered, Israel is gathered into their land....now God's wrath will be poured out upon those who come up with Antichrist.

It happens at the end of Ac's career...that is to say after he breaks his treaty with Israel and invades, that is half way through the 7 years, that is 3.5 years of tribulation.

This once again shows that the Great Trib is for the church and not Israel...

People often talk about a purge in Israel and I suppose there will HOW?

All those Israelis who come to defend Jerusalem, the temple....they will be slaughtered. The word of the Lord was to FLEE Jerusalem and not even go back for your coat.

Thus will God put a distinction between the Jews.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul tells us

Antichrist will oppose and exalt himself above ALL that is called god or that is worshipped

That for you and me is tribulation, Great Tribulation.

He is going to oppose YOU.

musterion

It is not God's wrath, not until He comes....

It is God's wrath from the start. It will grow progressively worse as mankind grows more unrepentant.
Antichrist will oppose and exalt himself above ALL that is called god or that is worshipped

That for you and me is tribulation, Great Tribulation.
For you, maybe, but not for me. I'm not appointed to wrath. Neither were the Thessalonians who feared they were already going through it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is God's wrath from the start. It will grow progressively worse as mankind grows more unrepentant.
For you, maybe, but not for me. I'm not appointed to wrath. Neither were the Thessalonians who feared they were already going through it.

God cannot pour His wrath out while we are here....we are taken out when Christ comes in the clouds.

It is at the end of Antichrist's career not the beginning

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Antichrist will be destroyed by the power and coming of our Lord Jesus.

That will be the end of his career

Danoh

This is my very studied opinion.
You suit yourself but this is how I see it.
My use of brackets is not meant to correct or add to Scripture but to insert my opinion as to what I understand the terms to mean.
Matthew 24 is spoken in harmony with what the OT prophets say concerning the regathering of Israel back to the land and the restoration of the Davidic Messianic Kingdom to Israel.
Note: Angels regather Israel per Mt 24:31 back to the land......the 'Lord Himself' gathers the Body of Christ per 1Th 4:16 to meet Him in the air.
Mt 24 is OT harmonious prophecy concerning Israel and the land.
Paul gives new information concerning the Body of Christ who are citizens of heaven.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the[twelve] tribes of the earth[land] mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect[scattered Israel] from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Hey all, was bored; thought I'd look in on you all.

Anyway, the nation Israel and its time line was Prophesied - and ITS' timeline is POST Trib - Acts 3:19-21.

Thus, as Steko has in a sense just pointed out - Jesus' timeline and activities with regard to Prophecy (Israel's Prophetic Clock) is POST Trib.

As for the beginning of God's wrath - Romans 1: 18 forward makes abundantly clear what Genesis 11, etc., also make clear - His wrath begins/IS ALSO His giving up on people!

This giving up on men itself is the beginning of the end that then follows His Physical display of His wrath!

In this, 2 Thess. 2:11's "for this cause" marks a return to where things were per Romans 3: 18.

Matches Romans 1:26's "For this cause..."

Where was the world headed back then? Back when Paul was first saved? Romans 1:18 - the Gentle. Romans 3:9 - the Jew also.

But for God's INTERRUPTION of where things were headed when He overruled with Romans 5: 20, 21 until Romans 11:25.

In this, 2 Thess. 2: 1 is Romans 11:25 and 2 Thess. 2: 2 is Romans 11: 26 (marks a return to the order of things that Peter preached in Acts 3:19-21).

Romans is a key to it all.

musterion

Thus, as Steko has in a sense just pointed out - Jesus' timeline and activities with regard to Prophecy (Israel's Prophetic Clock) is POST Trib.

But if someone does not see the absolute distinctiveness between prophecy and mystery, they're naturally going to be convinced it's all post-trib and so will try to shoehorn everything Paul said into post-trib. Correct?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Why?

Jesus was a post tribber

"after the tribulation of those days they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds ...He will send out His holy angels to gather the elect...."

That is 2.Thess.2.

No wonder you follow Joseph snake oil Prince and co.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The church has been delivered from the wrath to come, tribulation wrath.
We have already peace with God and need not fear the judgement of God.

Therefore naughtington

Paul is not reiterating our being free from the eternal judgement of God's wrath, but Paul is speaking of the wrath to be poured out upon the world in the Time of Jacob's Trouble.

Tribulation believers are getting killed left and right throughout the tribulation. Surely church saints are not delivered from the wrath to come.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The church has been delivered from the wrath to come, tribulation wrath.
We have already peace with God and need not fear the judgement of God.

Therefore naughtington

Paul is not reiterating our being free from the eternal judgement of God's wrath, but Paul is speaking of the wrath to be poured out upon the world in the Time of Jacob's Trouble.

Tribulation believers are getting killed left and right throughout the tribulation. Surely church saints are not delivered from the wrath to come.

It is Paul who declares that we have been delivered from God's wrath, in the very same pissel he declares "through much tribulation must we enter the kingdom"

Much tribulation...great tribulation. People have got to stop confusing the two things.

Wrath comes from God, tribulation comes from men. When Christ first came and news reached Herod he was "tribulated" and all Jerusalem with him.

Persecution is a better understanding.

God has pledged NEVER again to pour His wrath upon saint and sinner alike...He promised it to Noah and He confirmed it to Abraham in the matter of Sodom and Gomorrah.

We are delivered from God's wrath but we are subject to persecution, tribulation.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It is Paul who declares that we have been delivered from God's wrath, in the very same pissel he declares "through much tribulation must we enter the kingdom"

Much tribulation...great tribulation. People have got to stop confusing the two things.

Wrath comes from God, tribulation comes from men. When Christ first came and news reached Herod he was "tribulated" and all Jerusalem with him.

Persecution is a better understanding.

God has pledged NEVER again to pour His wrath upon saint and sinner alike...He promised it to Noah and He confirmed it to Abraham in the matter of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Your Israelology is deficient buddy!
The theme of Israel, the Remnant and day of Jehovah's wrath. The most common term for the tribulation in the OT is The Day of Jehovah. It is a technical and theological term not to be confused or ignored.
The wrath to come according to Paul's Israelology is the specific seven year Day of Jehovah's wrath. It is that wrath we are delivered out of.

Noah was removed before the judgement fell.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This is my very studied opinion.
You suit yourself but this is how I see it.
My use of brackets is not meant to correct or add to Scripture but to insert my opinion as to what I understand the terms to mean.
Matthew 24 is spoken in harmony with what the OT prophets say concerning the regathering of Israel back to the land and the restoration of the Davidic Messianic Kingdom to Israel.
Note: Angels regather Israel per Mt 24:31 back to the land......the 'Lord Himself' gathers the Body of Christ per 1Th 4:16 to meet Him in the air.
Mt 24 is OT harmonious prophecy concerning Israel and the land.
Paul gives new information concerning the Body of Christ who are citizens of heaven.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the[twelve] tribes of the earth[land] mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect[scattered Israel] from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Look here, I make the distinction, you are failing in this instance [dear Steko] to make the distinction.

The Joos are going nowhere that the angels should gather them....there are not multiple comings in the clouds of heaven, this is the event Paul speaks about, complete with trump and angels....

Paul is preaching to Gentiles not Joos, WE are the ones to be gathered to meet Him in the clouds

The Jews inherit the land...they do not go in the rapture.

I believe that at the time of the rap ALL the Jews will have come home to Israel.