Democrats 'stick it to' the 'rich white landlords' again using covid as an excuse

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
What can landlords do if the government takes away their income from rental properties and still forces them to maintain those properties and pay taxes on those properties at their own expense?
:unsure: Well, back in the day a more pragmatic, albeit ruthless, way of doing things was more common amongst the lower classes.

I believe the euphemism which was used in my youth was "you bust the place out". :)

Of course that sort of thing isn't done any more...Unless you are truly wealthy; they do that sort of thing all the time. World Trade Center for example. 😐

marke

:unsure: Well, back in the day a more pragmatic, albeit ruthless, way of doing things was more common amongst the lower classes.

I believe the euphemism which was used in my youth was "you bust the place out". :)

Of course that sort of thing isn't done any more...Unless you are truly wealthy; they do that sort of thing all the time. World Trade Center for example. 😐
I'm not following you. What should property owners do when the government takes away their rental income, increases their property taxes, and increases the regulations forcing them to upgrade their properties to meet new oppressive standards?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm not following you. What should property owners do when the government takes away their rental income, increases their property taxes, and increases the regulations forcing them to upgrade their properties to meet new oppressive standards?
😃 Ahhhh....What "should" property owners do?
Well, that's a different question than what "can" property owners do, isn't it?

Property owners should "pay their fair share" so we can all "build back better" and stop being such capitalist bourgeois pigs. I mean, you know, for the children, right? To flatten the curve...Right? 😑

marke

😃 Ahhhh....What "should" property owners do?
Well, that's a different question than what "can" property owners do, isn't it?

Property owners should "pay their fair share" so we can all "build back better" and stop being such capitalist bourgeois pigs. I mean, you know, for the children, right? To flatten the curve...Right? 😑
How can forcing property owners to provide free housing for squatters be considered making them pay their fair share?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I believe Tom was being facetious
:) You could say that...But how can one really answer that question? When the only legal and socially acceptable situation is to have you robbed blind by the very government supposedly tasked with protecting rights equally.

But since when have we ever really done that around here? :sneaky: