Demark is what liberals have in store for America in the next 25 years

jeffblue101

If anyone is in doubt that the gay marriage cult is gunning for the Christian Church look no further than Denmark, where gay marriage is legally forced in all of Denmarks state churches.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ish-couples-win-right-to-marry-in-church.html

The country's parliament voted through the new law on same-sex marriage by a large majority, making it mandatory for all churches to conduct gay marriages.

Denmark's church minister, Manu Sareen, called the vote "historic".
"I think it's very important to give all members of the church the possibility to get married. Today, it's only heterosexual couples."

Under the law, individual priests can refuse to carry out the ceremony, but the local bishop must arrange a replacement for their church.

Get that the only right Denmark's Bishops have is a right for a referral. Given that supreme court justices are willing to outright lie. I can see how anti-discrimination laws and tax status will be twisted to attack the Church's right decide whom can marry in their walls.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Actually this is a good thing in one way for the church, it will separate the fakes from the real things.

Any church that changes itself to allow this abomination within it, is fake. Hopefully the true faithful will come out them.

The Berean

Actually this is a good thing in one way for the church, it will separate the fakes from the real things.

Any church that changes itself to allow this abomination within it, is fake. Hopefully the true faithful will come out them.

I find it strange that several Scandinavian countries still have a "state" church given how secular Scandinavia is today. Recent polls have shown that most Scandinavians do not believe there there is a God or that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. State churches are funded by taxes. Why would non believers (the majority in Scandinavian countries) want to pay taxes the keep a state church running? Also, why would the church leaders, assuming they are true believers, want to be funded by the state and be under the control of the state?

rougueone

If anyone is in doubt that the gay marriage cult is gunning for the Christian Church look no further than Denmark, where gay marriage is legally forced in all of Denmarks state churches.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ish-couples-win-right-to-marry-in-church.html

Get that the only right Denmark's Bishops have is a right for a referral. Given that supreme court justices are willing to outright lie. I can see how anti-discrimination laws and tax status will be twisted to attack the Church's right decide whom can marry in their walls.

Christians have much bigger things to prepare for. This is just a warning to PREPARE.

Our future ?....

Caliphate In Europe: Sweden Cedes Control Of Muslim Areas” IBT, November 5, 2014 (thanks to Christian)

Political Correctness: The perils of multiculturalism and open borders have reached critical mass in Sweden. There are Muslim enclaves where postal, fire and other essential services — even police officers themselves —require police protection.

A police report released last month identifies 55 of these “no-go zones” in Sweden. These zones are similar to others that have popped up in Europe in recent years. They formed as large Muslim populations emigrating to politically correct and tolerant European states refuse to assimilate and set up virtual states within a state where the authorities fear to tread.

http://pamelageller.com/2014/11/caliphate-in-europe-sweden-cedes-control-of-muslim-areas.html/

MacAurthur's take:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHEoA5SaoE

TrakeM

Denmark is wealthier than America. I don't think becoming more like Denmark is a bad thing. Also, as some have already pointed out, we don't have state churches.

bybee

Denmark is wealthier than America. I don't think becoming more like Denmark is a bad thing. Also, as some have already pointed out, we don't have state churches.

...Nor are we a homogeneous culture. We are trying to accommodate many kinds and sorts and ilk's of folks. America was built by immigrants coming here for the promise and the dream of a better life. They quickly sought to adopt the ways of their new country whilst, some, retained the best of the cultures which they left behind.
The "Progressive" agenda, which is slowly steamrolling over American society by reducing every issue to it's lowest common denominator, is winning. They rejoice in debauchery and godlessness with as much ill will and incivility as they can muster in the face of those just trying to mind their own business and live in peace according to the dictates of their own beliefs.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Denmark: Incredible standard of living, low government corruption, happy people, green economy, a population largely indifferent to religion...

We should be so lucky.

Jose Fly

I'm starting to get the impression that some fundamentalists want the government to take action against churches regarding gay marriage. It's the only explanation for all these posts like the OP, where they don't even recognize the fundamental legal differences (state church vs. no state church).

Either those differences are too much for them to grasp, or they are so eager to be able to cry "persecution" that such details fly right past.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to get the impression that some fundamentalists want the government to take action against churches regarding gay marriage. It's the only explanation for all these posts like the OP, where they don't even recognize the fundamental legal differences (state church vs. no state church).

Either those differences are too much for them to grasp, or they are so eager to be able to cry "persecution" that such details fly right past.

They love playing the martyr/persecution card. They're desperate to pretend--playing dress up, so to speak--or they think, on a certain level, that persecution will vindicate them. (Or maybe a few of them are gluttons for punishment. Never rule out straight up masochism in some cases.)

rexlunae

I never said I did, I just wanted to provide an example on the ulterior motives of many of the left especially when they manage to have a majority over a country.

If we had a state church, absolutely we'd demand it treat everyone equally. But first, I'd demand that it be privatized.

pqmomba8

I can only HOPE that U.S. will become like Denmark. Awesome, aesome, awesome place!!!! Used to travel to Copenhagen for work all the time. Some of the happiest, coolest, openminded people I ever met. :) Oh, they also have one of the (if not the) highest standards of living. Just an icing on the proverbial cake. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You don't live in a country with a State Church.

We will as soon as the gays force pastors to marry them or churches/christian colleges/schools/hospitals/charities lose their tax exempt status for not catering to the feds on gay marriage.

rexlunae

Being an atheist, what dog do you have in the hunt of a church?

Here's the thing. It's a great question. The problem is, if you follow that very logic, what business do I have with a church at all? Why, for instance, should there be any link between my elected officials and a church by virtue merely of their office? And why should my taxes be going to support a religion I don't agree with? If you want an official church, that has state ties, you're going to have to give everyone a say in its operations, and I really don't think you're going to like the kind of church that I would support.