Deceptions Christians Believe

Epoisses

Provide a quote of Paul saying such a thing as "faith alone."

Explain how we are never justified by works, when James says we are.

I never said faith+works meant "works of the law."

And you say you can make James say such things, yet you can't explain the contradictions within your doctrine.

Faith+works is far more Scriptural than faith alone. It isn't my comprehension that is lacking; it is the mental gymnastics you go through to convince yourself your unbiblical doctrine is true, that is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Rom. 4:2-6

Abraham was justified by faith alone - a righteousness without works.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Rom. 4:2-6

Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Epoisses

Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Abraham was justified by faith alone (Romans) and he was justified by his works (James) because his works revealed he had genuine faith. You can't pit Paul against James because both preached the gospel. The stupid Dispy will say that Paul's gospel was for the Gentiles and James' gospel was only for the Jews when nothing could be farther from the truth. God requires you to accept Paul and James and not many can 'do' that. We see the exact same thing with Jesus when he focused on works. But when we look at the works he was talking about they were works of faith and love.

I know thy works, and love, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first - Rev. 2:19.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Abraham was justified by faith alone (Romans) and he was justified by his works (James) because his works revealed he had genuine faith. You can't pit Paul against James because both preached the gospel. The stupid Dispy will say that Paul's gospel was for the Gentiles and James' gospel was only for the Jews when nothing could be farther from the truth. God requires you to accept Paul and James and not many can 'do' that. We see the exact same thing with Jesus when he focused on works. But when we look at the works he was talking about they were works of faith and love.

I know thy works, and love, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first - Rev. 2:19.

Yes, both Romans and James agree.

James is saying that faith without works is dead.

LA

God's Truth

Abraham BELIEVED and was justified. That is about BELIEVING we are made clean by Jesus' blood INSTEAD of being made clean by circumcision and diet and an external washing and blood from an animal.

Abraham had ALL THE PROMISES given to him BECAUSE he obeyed EVERYTHING God said to do.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

You are mixing up purification/ceremonial works with the new law and how we always have to obey God.

Epoisses

Yes, both Romans and James agree.

James is saying that faith without works is dead.

LA

The faith that justifies us is a faith devoid of human works where we try to 'earn' our standing with God.

The works that justify us are those produced in and thru us by the Holy Spirit. These are different than the above works.

I have to just explain this on a kindergarten level and maybe something will sink into the iron forehead of unbelief.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The faith that justifies us is a faith devoid of human works where we try to 'earn' our standing with God.

The works that justify us are those produced in and thru us by the Holy Spirit. These are different than the above works.

I have to just explain this on a kindergarten level and maybe something will sink into the iron forehead of unbelief.

So you disregard Jesus word of "if you love Me, keep my commands".

If you don't love Jesus, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

You need to know basic of being Jesus' follower, dude.

You cannot jump to college level without knowing elementary level.

We are talking about elementally level, friend, which you don't seem to know.

Epoisses

So you disregard Jesus word of "if you love Me, keep my commands".

If you don't love Jesus, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

You need to know basic of being Jesus' follower, dude.

You cannot jump to college level without knowing elementary level.

We are talking about elementally level, friend, which you don't seem to know.

You need a new hat, dude!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

There are not many works done in the believer by the Holy Spirit, except in regard to His working upon our heart.

A believer is encouraged to do good works from his/her own renewed heart, no longer a heart of stone.

LA

God's Truth

No one receives the Holy Spirit unless they repent of their sins.

jsanford108

Typical law righteousness from unbelievers who trust in what they 'do' instead of what Christ has already 'done'.

So you dismiss things that God and Christ commanded as "law righteousness." Makes sense with all the other claims you ascribe to.

jsanford108

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.ï»

That quote never says "faith alone." Also, Abraham did have faith, thus demonstrated by his works. Did he not go to a mount to sacrifice Isaac? That sounds like a work to me. Did he have faith that God would stop him? No. He in fact was worried about the weight of such obedience (which is works). Obedience = works.

God's Truth

That quote never says "faith alone." Also, Abraham did have faith, thus demonstrated by his works. Did he not go to a mount to sacrifice Isaac? That sounds like a work to me. Did he have faith that God would stop him? No. He in fact was worried about the weight of such obedience (which is works). Obedience = works.

People misunderstand Paul. They think when he says not of by works they think he is saying not of by obeying, or not of by obedience.

The not of by works Paul is speaking of is not of by the purification/ceremonial works, like circumcision.

Just look at the scriptures, the scriptures said, at the time of Abraham, there would be a time we would be saved by faith and not by the work of CIRCUMCISION.

Circumcision was a sign of works, the works we no longer have to do.

We still as always have to obey God, we just do not have to get circumcised in the flesh anymore.

Epoisses

So you dismiss things that God and Christ commanded as "law righteousness." Makes sense with all the other claims you ascribe to.

So go keep the law then law keeper! We'll see how long you last once you're cut off from grace and become the devil's chew toy. So sick of these wannabes! Jesus said I would that you were hot or cold. Jesus would rather you be an extreme law keeper and see what that experience is like or be an extreme grace banger who talks of nothing but God's unmerited grace. Go keep the law and see what it's like. Convert to Judaism or join one of the cults like Hebrew roots or SDA.