Darwin leads to Hell

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Skeptic

Ah... I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic. I cannot say with 100% certainty that there is no God. Given that there is no empirical evidence whatsoever for the existence of God, their is no rational reason to justify the belief in God. The possibility that a God exists is quite remote, but I cannot totally rule out this possibility.

For me, it's just nonsensical to believe in something for which there is no evidence.

Skeptic,

The very fact that you can read this post is strong evidence that God must exist.
Intelligence cannot have evolved, nor could any number of other massively complex systems throughout nature.
The existence of an intelligent, designed creation necessitates the existence of an intelligent designer/creator.

Resting in Him,
Clete

SOTK

Originally posted by Berean Todd

Agnostics are just atheists without the balls to stand up for their beliefs, and/or who realize that the atheistic position is devoid of real substance.

:up: Exactly.

Stratnerd

> Intelligence cannot have evolved, nor could any number of other massively complex systems throughout nature.

Why?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
The very fact that you can read this post is strong evidence that God must exist.
Intelligence cannot have evolved, nor could any number of other massively complex systems throughout nature.
That sort of logic has been used by the Church to repress scientific and medical study for centuries. Merely because you cannot understand how something occured does not automatically place some deity or supernatural agent as its cause.

It wasn't that long ago that religious people treated epilepsy with demonic exorcism. Some still do...

Skeptic

Originally posted by Berean Todd

Agnostics are just atheists without the balls to stand up for their beliefs, and/or who realize that the atheistic position is devoid of real substance.
I have many strongly held beliefs. Some of my beliefs will, no doubt, change over time. One of my strongly held beliefs is that it is very unlikely that there is an all-powerful God who created everything. I cannot say I am 100% certain there is no God, but I would say 99.9% is sufficient to call myself an agnostic, rather than a true atheist.

Skeptic

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Skeptic,

The existence of an intelligent, designed creation necessitates the existence of an intelligent designer/creator.
You grossly underestimate what can happen to organisms over a few billion years of evolution. Intelligence CAN evolve, as can many massively complex systems. The existence of intelligence does not necessitate the existence of an intelligent designer/creator.

Want to learn more about what evolution really says? Or are you content with knowing only the simplistic creationist interpretation of it?

See: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-intro-to-biology.html