CURSINGS AND SWEARINGS:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

There are those who call themselves “Christians”, and yet have no idea what the Scriptures or the Word of God are, or what it says; neither in the letter nor the Spirit of the Word. - It’s the Spirit of the Word which actually carries the “Truth” in it; it’s not the Letter of the Word. The Spirit of the Word is also called the “Precepts” of the Word of God. Therefore, God is actually the “PRECEPT” OF HIS OWN WORD, OR THE “SPIRIT” OF THAT WORD”. - Some of you would do well to pay attention to that! (attend to the study of it).

The devout Christians who are not Christians, teach that many of the BAD words that have been designated as “Cursing or Swearing”, and even “Taking the Lord’s name in vain”; are absolutely folly. I’m not saying that some of those so called 4-letter words would be better not said. However, they are not “Cursing and swearing and the taking the Lord’s name in vain”.

Swearing is promising or “praying” that something evil will befall someone or people specifically. Though praying for evil is a misnomer; that is not a “prayer”, it’s a “Curse”.

Cursing, like swearing, is placing a “curse” upon a person or people through your desires; (or “misnomer prayers”), by Swearing evil to befall a person or people.

Taking the Lord’s name in Vain is not swearing or cursing either one, in any way. A person or people will take the Lord’s name in vain when they don’t do what the Lord said to do, or do what the Lord didn’t say for them to do. Doing anything, and saying, “you did it in the Lord’s name”; when the Lord didn’t say for YOU to do it; that’s taking the Lord’s name in vain; or in vain they do it.
All present day so called “Christians” and their so called “Christian Religions” take the Lord’s name in vain, BIG TIME, “but it just doesn’t matter”.
Peace.

Paul –110809

screamin4u2hear

There are those who call themselves “Christians”, and yet have no idea what the Scriptures or the Word of God are, or what it says; neither in the letter nor the Spirit of the Word. - It’s the Spirit of the Word which actually carries the “Truth” in it; it’s not the Letter of the Word. The Spirit of the Word is also called the “Precepts” of the Word of God. Therefore, God is actually the “PRECEPT” OF HIS OWN WORD, OR THE “SPIRIT” OF THAT WORD”. - Some of you would do well to pay attention to that! (attend to the study of it).

I wish you had just left this out of your post entirely. Your post is excellent except for this. I, and I'm sure many other TOLers, am tired of hearing that you know how to read scripture and no one else does. It just gets old and after reading this paragraph I almost just exited from the thread. BUT I'm glad I read on...

The devout Christians who are not Christians, teach that many of the BAD words that have been designated as “Cursing or Swearing”, and even “Taking the Lord’s name in vain”; are absolutely folly. I’m not saying that some of those so called 4-letter words would be better not said. However, they are not “Cursing and swearing and the taking the Lord’s name in vain”.

Swearing is promising or “praying” that something evil will befall someone or people specifically. Though praying for evil is a misnomer; that is not a “prayer”, it’s a “Curse”.

Cursing, like swearing, is placing a “curse” upon a person or people through your desires; (or “misnomer prayers”), by Swearing evil to befall a person or people.

Taking the Lord’s name in Vain is not swearing or cursing either one, in any way. A person or people will take the Lord’s name in vain when they don’t do what the Lord said to do, or do what the Lord didn’t say for them to do. Doing anything, and saying, “you did it in the Lord’s name”; when the Lord didn’t say for YOU to do it; that’s taking the Lord’s name in vain; or in vain they do it.
All present day so called “Christians” and their so called “Christian Religions” take the Lord’s name in vain, BIG TIME, “but it just doesn’t matter”.
Peace.

Paul –110809

Other than the judgmental statement about "devout Christians who are not Christians" I agree with everything you say. There was a thread started a few weeks back on this topic. Many people participated in the discussion.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60961

:cheers:

Letsargue

I wish you had just left this out of your post entirely. Your post is excellent except for this. I, and I'm sure many other TOLers, am tired of hearing that you know how to read scripture and no one else does. It just gets old and after reading this paragraph I almost just exited from the thread. BUT I'm glad I read on...

Other than the judgmental statement about "devout Christians who are not Christians" I agree with everything you say. There was a thread started a few weeks back on this topic. Many people participated in the discussion.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60961

:cheers:

Thank you for you comments about my nature of being Christian. You have not harmed me at all, - that is, I am not insulted or angry in any way. I have heard you, however, I must remind you that we / the Christians are not with out being insulted constantly. You may not have seen some of the stuff I received before I was banned for a year.

I address the false statements made by people who claim the be of the Truth. The Scriptures are clear and in plain language today, and when someone says something that is not written, I will challenge it, as did Jesus and all the Apostles, and as they all tell us to do also.

To be “Christian”, is to be “Christ like”. Christ hated sin and lies, therefore, so do I hate them. One cannot condemn sin without condemning sin, and the sinner will usually take it personally or carnally, making the sinner mad if he is not of a good and honest heart.
Proverbs 9:7-9 KJV –

Please don’t get me wrong here. I do respect and honor you for your kindness in your statements. However, I think what is being demonstrated here is the same as in politics. The “Political Correctness” has destroyed people from speaking out against their foolishness. Like-wise “Christianity Correctness” has destroyed our ability to point out the foolishness in their religions.
We are not to yield to the “Christian Correctness” either.
Jesus died for not yielding to the same as is being bestowed upon the Christian now.

These things I believe also.
THANK YOU AGAIN!
Peace.

Paul – 111009

Last edited:

bybee

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Peace.

Paul –110809

My goodness grandmother, what a big judgment seat you have! bybee:chuckle:

Letsargue

My goodness grandmother, what a big judgment seat you have! bybee:chuckle:

I guess that's some kind of the new "Christian"joke. It's not clear. It sure seems to be some kind of anti Christian, there's no truth mintioned. I DON'T KNOW???

Paul -- 110909

bybee

Evidence?

Evidence?

I guess that's some kind of the new "Christian"joke. It's not clear. It sure seems to be some kind of anti Christian, there's no truth mintioned. I DON'T KNOW???

Paul -- 110909

On what evidence do you find my little joke to be unchristian? I'll spell it out for you "You are judgmental" of another person's path to the living God. We are not all alike as you have claimed. People's ability to comprehend is diverse so that we may share and grow in wisdom. I like you when you speak positively on God's love for us. peace, bybee

Letsargue

On what evidence do you find my little joke to be unchristian? I'll spell it out for you "You are judgmental" of another person's path to the living God. We are not all alike as you have claimed. People's ability to comprehend is diverse so that we may share and grow in wisdom. I like you when you speak positively on God's love for us. peace, bybee

God also hates and is vengeful, he also is very rude to those who rejects his Word. - Jesus wasn't kissing them good-by when he through them out of the Temple, or calling them vipers and scum-bags.
There is more to being Christian than hugs and kisses. SORRY!
Peace.

Paul -- 111009

Gerald

Resident Fiend
God also hates and is vengeful, he also is very rude to those who rejects his Word. - Jesus wasn't kissing them good-by when he through them out of the Temple, or calling them vipers and scum-bags.
There is more to being Christian than hugs and kisses. SORRY!
Peace.

Paul -- 111009
So, have you ever prayed an imprecatory prayer and, if so, did misfortune and disaster befall the target of that prayer?

Letsargue

So, have you ever prayed an imprecatory prayer and, if so, did misfortune and disaster befall the target of that prayer?

I hope you are serious about your question.
I don’t know anything about your word “Imprecatory”, but I get what you’re saying.

I do not pray unless I have been given the prayer to pray. I can think of only twice that I have done anything such as speaking to or for Christ. I said that the earth quake of 2004 would take place on Christmas. And that you all’s government would fall right before your eyes, on May 11 2007. I didn’t pray that it would happen, I only, some how, received that it would happen.

Is that what you wanted to know?
Peace.

Paul – 111509

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I hope you are serious about your question.
I'm deadly serious.
I don’t know anything about your word “Imprecatory”, but I get what you’re saying.
Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary...
Is that what you wanted to know?
No. I wanted to know if you've ever prayed for God to smite somebody (that's what imprecatory prayer is) and, if so, was someone smote because of that prayer.

Letsargue

I'm deadly serious.
Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary...
No. I wanted to know if you've ever prayed for God to smite somebody (that's what imprecatory prayer is) and, if so, was someone smote because of that prayer.

I don’t need your dictionary. If you choose to use words that are not known in the Scriptures, I don’t need to know the word.

I told you my answer about praying, and gave the “(ONLY TWO TIMES)” that (I spoke to) or (for GOD). Maybe you are just dull of hearing, or don’t want to accept anything other that what you want it to be. I do not "CURSE PEOPLE" as do many here I see.
Peace.

Paul – 111609

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I don’t need your dictionary. If you choose to use words that are not known in the Scriptures, I don’t need to know the word.
"Computer" isn't known is Scripture; why are you using one?
I told you my answer about praying, and gave the “(ONLY TWO TIMES)” that (I spoke to) or (for GOD). Maybe you are just dull of hearing, or don’t want to accept anything other that what you want it to be.
I just enjoy picking on you. After all, you brought us the wildly entertaining "Big Black Bang Holes" thread.
I do not "CURSE PEOPLE" as do many here I see.
And that's why you're no fun at parties...

Letsargue

"Computer" isn't known is Scripture; why are you using one?
I just enjoy picking on you. After all, you brought us the wildly entertaining "Big Black Bang Holes" thread.
And that's why you're no fun at parties...

I don't think I learned about the Computer from a dictionary. This thing was my game board.
Peace.

Paul -- 111609

Status
Not open for further replies.