Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

iouae

Dear iouae,

You are lucky if you can see the planet Pluto with the naked eye. How many light-years is it from us on Earth. Those stars which you think are tons of light-years from us is just bad dating practices. Do you know how long a light-year is? Do you know how long 8,000 light-years is?? And you can see even more in the telescope. God stretched out the heavens like a tent. In those heavens are stars and constellations.

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9:

Michael

Even though science recently discovered that the heavens are accelerating apart, this has not changed the fact that telescopes look back in time. If the universe is spreading, it may slightly alter the fact that we are looking back say 8003 years rather than 8000 years. But no scientist has claimed that the expanding universe SIGNIFICANTLY changes the distance light has travelled to get here. A light year is a measure of distance.

Since discovering the acceleration of the universe outwards which is "explained" by inventing "dark energy", there has been no significant revision of the age of the universe from its current 13.75 billion years old.

I don't think that anyone has proof of "dark energy". "Dark energy" is the way scientists explain what Isaiah already explained as God spreading the heavens as a curtain.

iouae

Dear iouae,

Be careful about what you choose to believe. Make things simpler. In other words, believe what God told to Moses and Israel. God won't clobber you if you believe in the simple rendition of what is written in Genesis. Don't try to see into it what really isn't there. You're right. I have come a long way. Back to the beginning, really. Like a circle, to be honest.

May God Be In Your Thoughts And Heart,

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :angel: :cloud9: :angrymob: :angel:

Michael, I do believe every word of what God told to Moses. But I interpret it to be not the original creation of the cosmos, but the recreation of the heavens (our atmosphere), the earth and the sea. The earth as we know it today came into being 6000 years ago.

And Michael, God does not clobber us for sincere beliefs. I have zero fear of a clobbering from God for anything I have written on this forum to date. If I am wrong it is up to Him to enlighten me. Which loving father would clobber his 4-year old for believing in the tooth fairy or Santa?

Like you I love simplicity. To me my explanation fits science and the Bible with no contradictions. Or maybe I am too simple to have noticed any irreconcilable differences. :) In which case, I rely on all the wise folks on this forum to point these out.

I tried to find your original beliefs. Could you give me the post numbers if it is not too much trouble?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree with your post, except for the thirds which I have not heard of.

The references you spoke of are in Jer 4 and Ezek 38-39 and it will happen just as you say.

I am not sure if you get the thirds from this...

Ezekiel 5:2 Thou shalt burn with fire a third part in the midst of the city, when the days of the siege are fulfilled: and thou shalt take a third part, and smite about it with a knife: and a third part thou shalt scatter in the wind; and I will draw out a sword after them.

Ezekiel 5:12 A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.

Dear iouae,

No, the scripture I'm referring to is another 'thirds' statement. Those you found though, I appreciate!!

I don't have time to use different fonts, etc. I am way behind on the posts here.

See Zech. 13:8KJV. That is part of it.

Michael

iouae

Dear iouae,

No, the scripture I'm referring to is another 'thirds' statement. Those you found though, I appreciate!!

I don't have time to use different fonts, etc. I am way behind on the posts here.

See Zech. 13:8KJV. That is part of it.

Michael
Thanks Michael

DavisBJ

In a response to a prior post from 6days, I said:
… I am not aware that the archaeology or geography spoken of in New Testament passages has been much of an issue in the debates between fundamentalists and scientists.
6days seemed to think I was engaging in a logical fallacy:
False Dichotomy

The debate is between evolutionism and creationism. It's a debate between two opposing stories about our origins.
I haven’t got the foggiest notion what that is about. False dichotomy - when someone presents some options to select from, but fails to even mention another option that might actually be the correct one. Did I do that in saying that I am not aware that Biblical archaeology is a big issue?

As to the debate being “between evolutionism and creationism”, maybe for you it is. But there are issues apart from evolution – such as the age of the universe - that fundamentalists disagree with science on.
And I contend that both OT and NT are internally consistent even though written by more than 40 people over a couple thousand years. Both the OT and NT are also not contradicted by any archaeological find and often confirmed accurate by archaeology.
In my work in science, I can’t remember any time when I or any of my colleagues agonized in the least over most of the aspects of the Bible you allude to. But just musing in my own mind, I suspect that if the Bible had glaring consistency problems, then it is not likely that it would have had much acceptance, and some competing religious tome would have come to predominate instead. Is it true that in the very process of forming the Bible, there were manuscripts that were excluded because they did not mesh well with the others?

(If you are conversant with the way science works, you will recognize a substantive difference between the way the Bible canon was decided on and the way ideas become accepted by mainstream science.)

Going outside of the Bible, I can’t see that much science critical to evolution/age of the earth is dependent on Biblical archaeological accuracy. As I said in my prior post, it is a non-issue for me, and I have never seen it command much attention in the debates I have read/seen/listened to. In the times when the “creation-evolution” conflict has been addressed in major court battles, I don’t recall that archaeology or anthropology was a significant disputed item. Do you know of such?

I asked 6days:
…Do you claim, with equal conviction, that “God’s word” is equally supported by science in the more disputed areas – such as the age of the earth and the Theory of Evolution?
Absolutely!

But, I will quote what I actually said on that issue... "SCIENCE (archaeology, genetics, biology, geology etc) supports the truth of God's Word.

Some scientists agree with that, many don't."
In this response you sound much less aggressive than you did in your prior apologetic dealing with Biblical Anthropology. In that prior post your opening salvo was much less tentative – it presented specific numbers, a supporting website link, and extended quotes from recognized authorities. Here you simply repeat your unequivocal claim that some fields of science support the Bible, and you now immediately hedge your bet by saying “Some scientists agree with that, many don’t.” Why didn’t you include that discreet qualifier in the prior times you so confidently claimed the support of science?

I would like to know if you think there are factors that seem to be strongly correlated with the scientists that “do”, and factors that are correlated with the scientists that “don’t”. Is there some kind of yardstick that an impartial person could apply to help see which group of scientists is best practicing science that is free of prior biases?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Because we cannot sweep these hominid fossils under a layer of sedimentary rock and forget about them.

Evolutionists have their theories, what are ours for believers?
Were these contemporaneous with Adam's descendants?
Nobody has yet dated H. naledi.

I stick to my belief that God was playing around with proto-humans before He made man 6000 years ago. And if I am wrong, He will do what He is famous for and forgive me.

And not long ago they discovered a hobbit like human half the size of modern man, H. floresiensis. Science is fascinating and not at all threatening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

We were all much shorter, even in the very recent past. Remember pygmies too !

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We were all much shorter, even in the very recent past. Remember pygmies too !

Dear patrick,

Excellent thought!! You've come through for us!! I mean, we have people on Earth now who have pituitary gland problems. Thanks, dude!!

May God And Jesus Make You Joyful,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear ALL,

You know, I have given a lot of my life and time to this thread. It has been keeping me from doing other things and is demanding. I spend almost every spare moment on this thread. I have other duties on the computer to do also. And I like to get on Twitter to let others know about my experiences, but I have to keep putting it off because of lack of time. It takes about an hour or two to go on Twitter and explain some of my experiences. And they tweet me back and are very interested to hear more. Almost all I get here are angry mobs. I tried to give away this thread, and it is quite a Godsend, but I'm really getting tired of it. I never get much alone time and the time I used to spend playing my guitar and singing has been virtually nonexistent. I'm forgetting chords and lyrics that I used to know well. Now I get on the amp maybe four times a year. I have things to do around the house and with the car, and the yard, etc. that I just don't want to keep spending here. Let someone else hold down the fort of this thread. No one seems to appreciate it much anyways. I am a very good cook. It is my job to cook the meals here. And they are delectable, but they usually take at least 2 hours to make. I'm gonna be out of here. I will answer some of the posts on this page and that's it for good. If there's no one to take this thread over, then whatever. It will go down like the Sun. It's been two-some years now. I barely even know how to use Facebook fully. That's where MY family and friends are, even though I have made some excellent friends here, I must admit. OK, this is getting lengthy, like I do with every other post, so I'll close for now. 6days, you are still perfectly welcome to take charge of this thread.

Need A Break!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because we cannot sweep these hominid fossils under a layer of sedimentary rock and forget about them.

Evolutionists have their theories, what are ours for believers?
Were these contemporaneous with Adam's descendants?
Nobody has yet dated H. naledi.

I stick to my belief that God was playing around with proto-humans before He made man 6000 years ago. And if I am wrong, He will do what He is famous for and forgive me.

And not long ago they discovered a hobbit like human half the size of modern man, H. floresiensis. Science is fascinating and not at all threatening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

Dear iouae,

See what I put into bold?? Do you actually realize that you are Tempting God with such words and beliefs??

Michael

iouae

Dear ALL,

You know, I have given a lot of my life and time to this thread. It has been keeping me from doing other things and is demanding. I spend almost every spare moment on this thread. I have other duties on the computer to do also. And I like to get on Twitter to let others know about my experiences, but I have to keep putting it off because of lack of time. It takes about an hour or two to go on Twitter and explain some of my experiences. And they tweet me back and are very interested to hear more. Almost all I get here are angry mobs. I tried to give away this thread, and it is quite a Godsend, but I'm really getting tired of it. I never get much alone time and the time I used to spend playing my guitar and singing has been virtually nonexistent. I'm forgetting chords and lyrics that I used to know well. Now I get on the amp maybe four times a year. I have things to do around the house and with the car, and the yard, etc. that I just don't want to keep spending here. Let someone else hold down the fort of this thread. No one seems to appreciate it much anyways. I am a very good cook. It is my job to cook the meals here. And they are delectable, but they usually take at least 2 hours to make. I'm gonna be out of here. I will answer some of the posts on this page and that's it for good. If there's no one to take this thread over, then whatever. It will go down like the Sun. It's been two-some years now. I barely even know how to use Facebook fully. That's where MY family and friends are, even though I have made some excellent friends here, I must admit. OK, this is getting lengthy, like I do with every other post, so I'll close for now. 6days, you are still perfectly welcome to take charge of this thread.

Need A Break!!

Michael

Michael, you have identified the problem, and its not this thread. You said..."It is my job to cook the meals here. And they are delectable, but they usually take at least 2 hours to make."

Where I live, eggs boil in 4 minutes, veggies microwave in 8 mins, sandwiches take 5 minutes to make, and cereal takes 1 min to pour into a bowl.

I don't think I have ever spent 2 hours preparing a meal, except when I was an army cook, and had hundreds of potatoes to peel, and hundreds of tins to open (with a pocket knife because the can-opener did not work). Of course none of the troops ever called my food "delectable". :)

iouae

Dear iouae,

See what I put into bold?? Do you actually realize that you are Tempting God with such words and beliefs??

Michael

Michael

Do you know what a good day on this forum is for me?

It's when someone like you points me to the "third" scripture in Zech 13, or when PJ points me to Christ speaking only in parables to a certain group. When someone persuades me I am wrong, or teaches me something - that is a fantastic day. That is progress away from ignorance.

But I have a certain paradigm or lens through which I view things. You have a different paradigm whereby everything makes sense to you. We are all on a learning curve.

God does not clobber his children for ignorance. Look how kindly God spoke to Elijah after he fled from Jezebel - a day after calling fire down from heaven. God is not abusive.

Psalm 103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
All of us can fear God while holding different views on a doctrine such as young earth or old earth.

And for those who don't fear God at all. One day they will (in a good way, as in respect, stand in awe of Him). God loves Richard Dawkins who built his career speaking against Him. One day God will wake Richard up, as He will all of us, wherever and whenever we are wrong.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

This is a verse taking pains to show no exceptions. One day in the future, Richard Dawkins will bow the knee to Jesus.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael, I'm glad you are feeling chipper.:)

Just for you I'll make an effort here.
Your copied article appears to have been written by a Hendrik "Hank" Hanegraaff, who seems to be a radio talk show host, evangelical Christian and who is also known as the "Bible Answer Man". IOW he is an evangelical apologist who looks for ways to support the Bible whatever science may say.

Dear alwight,

There is nothing wrong with supporting the Bible irregardless of whether it includes science or not. The Bible stands on it's own, despite science. The History of the Bible is often proven by different discoveries, etc.

He makes unsupported statements and claims which have almost nothing to do with scientific conclusions or evidence. If there were anything of substance in his words then I can presume to assure you that probably both Davis and myself would be more than delighted to to tackle anything interesting, that wasn't simply the usual bald evidence free assertions.

The claims he makes don't have to be provable by science. They are bona fide facts of the Bible. They don't have to be proven by science, just like Creation vs. Evolution. Do you think that just because you can't assert that the Bible is true, has any reflections on science. His statements are also not unsupported. The Bible supports them. The science books you use don't?? The Bible is us believers' science and history book. The report is interesting to Christians and Bible-believers. So there are things in it worth tackling. And the bald assertions is getting old. Alwight, you are going to get proof that the whole Bible is true, soon enough. You will be in shock then. What will you tell Jesus when He returns?? I know you don't believe He will, but just think about that scenario. What will you SAY??

Firstly he asserts that because the universe seems to have had a beginning that "Of course, this implies that someone or something brought the universe into existence". So what? Maybe that was true or maybe it wasn't, but he doesn't know.

Oh, he knows. And so do I. The Universe was brought into existence. I know it for a fact. And I don't need to prove it to anybody else, because I only have to be concerned with my life, even though I try to steer others into the safe zone. You think it all just happened by itself.

Secondly [he says], "the universe bears all the marks of having been “finely tuned” to make life possible".
Just another baseless assertion that other apologists like to trot out periodically as if based in scientific fact. The truth is we have no idea if any other kind of universe is even possible or if countless universes have already come and gone without life. We are here in this minute speck of this overwhelmingly hostile universe because we can be, not because this universe is somehow amenable to life, it isn't.

The Universe is finely orchestrated by God. Do you see any other Earths around?? Do you know how overwhelmingly improbable that all that exists just happened by itself?? C'mon!

Thirdly, [he goes on] "the evidence is mounting that life on earth simply could not and did not come into existence through natural processes in a primordial “soup.” For example, the experiments to prove that it could have happened are suspect because little progress has been made possible due to the ingenious designs on the part of experimenters."

Not ingenious that I remember. The word is ingenuous. He speaks my language and I don't even need my science book to prove it.

Hogwash, the building blocks of life and organic molecules are known to exist or at least have recently been confirmed to exist by the Rosetta mission to Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, and therefore must have been present on an early Earth. It just isn't reasonable to conclude that life could not have started naturally on Earth. Of course an evangelical apologist wants to jump to the conclusion that it required something supernatural, when in all probability no it didn't.

So you think a comet started life on Earth?? And what started the comet's life?? And Earth's life?? Give me a break. The life on Earth and Earth are supernaturally created. In other words, when in all probability it did.

Fourthly [according to Hank], "the genetic code of all biological life on earth contains evidence of intelligent design. This is because the genetic code contains information comparable to the information in complex computer programs as well as information in books."
Just a baseless assertion and argument from personal incredulity.
In any case infinite complexity can be derived from something fairly simple, see Mandelbrot set.

Al, Life is too complex for it all to have happened on it's own. Don't you think so?? Level with me on this!

Fifthly, [and finally] "the fossil record continues to be an embarrassment to the Darwinian theory of evolution. The many transitional forms which Darwin predicted would be found simply have not surfaced."
The old "no transitional fossils" canard again. Every time a new transitional fossil emerges that means that creationists now claim two missing transitional fossils either side where before there was only one. :yawn:

You might want to yawn, but that is just a devised tic. Alwight, it is an embarrassment to Darwin's theory that there isn't more evidence of his beliefs. From what I understand, even Darwin wanted to back out of the claims he made, but was egged on by another scientist. Right??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

You can't say I dodged anything here Michael, but trust me that your copied post has nothing but the usual creationist nonsense that has been gone over many times before.

;)

Alwight, I don't know what you dodged. I don't have the report in front of me, word for word. I'm sure then I could do some damage indeed. Alwight, it is too hard for me to have to debate you, seeing we are such close friends. I'm leaving TOL after I address these posts. You are all ten different people and I am one guy who has to do all of the work. I guess, if I weren't rushing to respond to your post here, I could have done better. But I want to get to bed. It's almost 3 a.m. here. Will chat with you later!!

Warmest Regards & Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael

Reading Revelation I have concluded that when Christ says that He comes with the "clouds of heaven" He is not bringing our fluffy rain clouds, but clouds of space junk. This junk is going to fall to earth. We call meteors and meteorites shooting STARS. Those are the "stars" Revelation speaks about, rocks the size of a football pitch..

Dear iouae,

No, not clouds of space junk. It is written that Jesus will come with the clouds in the same way and just as the disciples saw Him leave, which is With the clouds of Heaven. Not space junk. It says that the stars shall fall from Heaven (Jesus said this). It also says that the stars shall not be seen in the sky and that the Heaven will be black. It is written that God created the host of heaven, and that means the stars and planets also. The stars would not obliterate the Earth, for they shall break up in the Earth's atmosphere.

So God does not drag Alpha Centauri (our nearest star) to drop onto earth, because stars are so big, they would obliterate earth.

The following plagues of Rev are all space rocks falling to earth...
6th seal (Rev 6:13)
1st trumpet (Rev 8:7)
2nd trumpet (Rev 8:8)
3rd trumpet (Rev 8:10)
4th trumpet (Rev 8:12 - atmosphere full of space dust)

Rev 12:1-4 The "great red dragon" having 7 heads and 10 horns I believe refers to a comet which looks like a serpent with a tail, having 7 chunks at the front of the comet, and 10 horns or gas discharges. Notice the reference to a tail of "stars" or rocks about to fall to earth (Rev 12:4) characteristic of a comet about to hit earth with its tail. I could be wrong, but I keep it as a possible explanation.

The great red dragon/lady/beast is actually a city {See Rev. 17:18KJV}. I was told by an angel that this city is Hollywood/L.A. which, through her movies, TV shows, music, magazines, commercials, etc., teaches all of the other cities of the world to keep bad and sinful ways. In other words, stealing, murder, killing men and any life, lying, deviousness, deception, gluttony, fornication, adultery, etc. These sins I've mentioned are represented by the horns and heads that you see on the beast. I'm just telling you that you are way off base on this one. You try to figure out what you think the Bible says, but you do not realize that the devil is giving you those lies. Be careful, dude!!

Many of the vial plagues causing water to be poisoned, darkness etc could be due to earth passing through the tail of the comet, or other space debris. The final hailstones of a talent could be from space. Where else could 100b hailstones come from?

Thus the 2nd coming is accompanied by a mass extinction due to a comet or meteor shower. Scientists are worried about this as one of the most likely ways that earth has been destroyed in the past, and therefore also the future. It is hard to see coming, even with telescopes and not even Bruce Willis will be able to do anything about it, except to find a well provisioned cave somewhere.

I'll just let this go at what I've said so far.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, this will be just a brief post trying to impress on you that your ill-informed questions about science end up reflecting poorly on you. A couple of glaring examples: (I hope you don’t object to the fact that I removed the obscene coloring and silly font and format that you inflicted on us).

DavisBJ,

You are just jealous of my fonts and colors, and sizes, etc. That's what is really going on.

Iouae said nothing about seeing planets (and Pluto is a minor one of even those). Iouae said stars. Do you know the difference? Planets are mostly just rock, and so gotta be really close (astronomically speaking) to be seen with the naked eye. Stars are kinda like continual atomic explosions, emitting lots of light, so are visible much farther away.

I was referring to the 'distance' Pluto is from us, not whether it's a star or planet. Of course, I know it is a planet. Now, Venus is a planet too, but it is also called a star by our Lord Jesus in the book of Revelation. {See Rev. 22:16KJV; the bright and morning star. Yes, I know it is also sometimes an evening star}. It occurs in another instance in the Bible, in Rev., but I'll just let it go. I'm getting really tired of answering these posts when I'm leaving this Thread anyways. This will be the last post that I will answer, because as fast as I can answer these, iouae is writing more and more posts. I don't need this. It is 3:30 a.m. I want to have some pudding and go to bed. Goodnight, DavisBJ. It's been wonderful having you here on my thread, honestly. I hope you've enjoyed your time here and I'm glad I dragged you out of anonymity to post just here at my thread. Remember that I do love you, and so do God and Jesus. I know Pluto is not a light-year away. I'm just trying to impress upon iouae actually how very far one light-year is from us, much less thousands.

That’s like asking how many miles is it from your sofa to the front door of your house. Pluto is only a few light-hours away.

Many Blessings,

Michael

6days

DavisBJ said:
I haven’t got the foggiest notion what that is about. False dichotomy - when someone presents some options to select from, but fails to even mention another option that might actually be the correct one.
Yes... that's what you did. You said the debate was between scientists and fundamentalists. You perhaps could have said 'the debate is between scientists who believe the Bible is correct and scientists who believe the Bible is wrong'.

DavisBJ said:
...Is it true that in the very process of forming the Bible, there were manuscripts that were excluded because they did not mesh well with the others?
Of course there was criteria.*

DavisBJ said:
Going outside of the Bible, I can’t see that much science critical to evolution/age of the earth is dependent on Biblical archaeological accuracy.
I agree.

But archaeology was mentioned as a science that supports the accuracy of God's Word.

DavisBJ said:
As I said in my prior post, it is a non-issue for me, and I have never seen it command much attention in the debates I have read/seen/listened to. In the times when the “creation-evolution” conflict has been addressed in major court battles, I don’t recall that archaeology or anthropology was a significant disputed item. Do you know of such?

I know of no archaeological finding ever that has disproved even the smallest thing in the Bible.*

DavisBJ said:

In this response you sound much less aggressive than you did in your prior apologetic dealing with Biblical Anthropology. In that prior post your opening salvo was much less tentative – it presented specific numbers, a supporting website link, and extended quotes from recognized authorities. Here you simply repeat your unequivocal claim that some fields of science support the Bible, and you now immediately hedge your bet by saying “Some scientists agree with that, many don’t.” Why didn’t you include that discreet qualifier in the prior times you so confidently claimed the support of science?

I'm not sure if you are referring to past conversations or our current one? If you are referring to our current conversation you will see that I did that include that 'disqualifier'with my statement post 13646..however when you quoted me in 13655 omitted the 'disqualifier'.

If you are referring to past similar statements, I would have been attempting to draw the distinction between science and scientists. ( or between actual data and interpretations)

DavisBJ said:
...I would like to know if you think there are factors that seem to be strongly correlated with the scientists that “do”, and factors that are correlated with the scientists that “don’t”. Is there some kind of yardstick that an impartial person could apply to help see which group of scientists is best practicing science that is free of prior biases?
Good question. I don't think there is a good answer because we don't come to the table as blank slates.

However...if it were possible to have a completely unbiased person, I'm sure they would agree with the side saying that it appears that an extreme intelligence and power is why we are are.

gcthomas

But archaeology was mentioned as a science that supports the accuracy of God's Word.

I know of no archaeological finding ever that has disproved even the smallest thing in the Bible.*

Does that include all the many archaeological findings that give dates that require the earth to be more than 6000 years old, then?

:think:

alwight

The Universe is finely orchestrated by God. Do you see any other Earths around?? Do you know how overwhelmingly improbable that all that exists just happened by itself?? C'mon!
I don't think that an omnipotent supernatural being just existing is any less unlikely Michael.

So you think a comet started life on Earth?? And what started the comet's life?? And Earth's life?? Give me a break. The life on Earth and Earth are supernaturally created. In other words, when in all probability it did.
A comet in fact represents an example of the materials that were most probably around in abundance as the Earth formed (accreted) billions of years ago.
The very early Earth would have been far too hot for water or life. However after it cooled down then the materials and gases that could have enabled life probably literally fell from the sky.
I know you want to put it all down to supernatural forces Michael, but unless supernatural forces are ever shown to cause anything then I'll instead stick to natural causes until then.

Al, Life is too complex for it all to have happened on it's own. Don't you think so?? Level with me on this!
Yes I'd agree that the complexity of life is often astounding, but complex life didn't just happen, it evidentially became more complex as it slowly evolved, bit by bit.
How would a presumably omnipotent vastly complex supernatural entity be a better explanation. Such a being would surely need to be far more complex than the entire cosmos?
I'm not claiming that such a being doesn't exist, my case is that there is natural evidence, science and a viable process to explain what we see today. We have brains to think with, we should use them, not rush to suppose in magic if it starts looking a bit tricky to explain.

You might want to yawn, but that is just a devised tic. Alwight, it is an embarrassment to Darwin's theory that there isn't more evidence of his beliefs. From what I understand, even Darwin wanted to back out of the claims he made, but was egged on by another scientist. Right??
I provided a link to a vast array of transitional fossils, if creationists prefer to ignore them all then that's wilful ignorance that I can't do much about.
Darwin was reluctant to publish because he knew what a threat it was to the existing religious establishment and that his own wife would be deeply troubled by it. He never doubted his own ultimate conclusions.

Alwight, I don't know what you dodged. I don't have the report in front of me, word for word. I'm sure then I could do some damage indeed. Alwight, it is too hard for me to have to debate you, seeing we are such close friends. I'm leaving TOL after I address these posts. You are all ten different people and I am one guy who has to do all of the work. I guess, if I weren't rushing to respond to your post here, I could have done better. But I want to get to bed. It's almost 3 a.m. here. Will chat with you later!!

Warmest Regards & Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael
Don't worry Michael, I only tell it as I see it. You don't need to leave, just take a break.
Life goes on within and without you, to coin a phrase.
You aren't responsible for what may transpire on this thread, you can simply leave it alone until you want to return. :plain:
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.