Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Yes, I think I can. OK. Am I supposed to click on Go Advanced to get on Preview Post. I just did that and when I came back to here, all that I'd written had been deleted. I see you can do a lot of things with Go Advanced. There is no other Preview Post that I can find except when I am writing Private Messages.

I don't want to try much here and have my post get deleted. Well, I copied most of this post with my copy feature. I'll try to mess with it a bit tomorrow. It's almost 3am here and I need my beauty sleep.

God Bless You Alwight,

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Yes, I think I can. OK. Am I supposed to click on Go Advanced to get on Preview Post. I just did that and when I came back to here, all that I'd written had been deleted. I see you can do a lot of things with Go Advanced. There is no other Preview Post that I can find except when I am writing Private Messages.
I suggest that until you know more you simply click on the wider blue button marked "QUOTE" on the bottom right of a post you want to respond to ("Reply with quote"). The whole post will be formatted for you in the "Advanced" editor (don't worry it isn't all that advanced), just type away after the "[/QUOTE]".
If you want to delete (or edit) any parts of that quote first you can, just remember to type your own text again after the "[/QUOTE]" and don't alter the open and close quote character sequences themselves until you know what your doing or it probably won't work.
(Note I can safely use "[/QUOTE]" here because there are no previous still open quotes in this post.)

If you then use the "Preview Post" button rather than "Submit Reply" (while still in "Advanced" or "Reply to Thread" but not "Quick Reply)" you can see what your post will look like and check it for errors, just as I will do now, without actually posting it. When you are happy with it then "Submit Reply" will post it, just as I will do now.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suggest that until you know more you simply click on the wider blue button marked "QUOTE" on the bottom right of a post you want to respond to ("Reply with quote").
The whole post will be formatted for you in the "Advanced" editor (don't worry it isn't all that advanced), just type away after the "
".
If you want to delete (or edit) any parts of that quote first you can, just remember to type your own text again after the "[/QUOTE]" and
YOU DON'T SAY
don't alter the open and close quote character sequences themselves until you know what your doing or it probably won't work.
(Note I can safely use "
" here because there are no previous still open quotes in this post.)

If you then use the "Preview Post" button rather than "Submit Reply" (while still in "Advanced" or "Reply to Thread" but not "Quick Reply)" you can see what your post will look like and check it for errors, just as I will do now, without actually posting it. When you are happy with it then "Submit Reply" will post it, just as I will do now.

What do you think? I'm getting there! I'll have to practice later on this until I get it right. Thanks so much for your help I'm starting to understand now.

Much Love And Many Blessings From God,

Michael

SeekerOfTruth68

Hi All,

Sometimes I watch that show "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel. One of the guys on that show has really weird hair (stands up in all directions); he may have had an encounter! And they always begin the show with "What if it were true?" and then proceed to show supposed evidence. I digress...

Any way, some of the stuff they show is truly interesting, and seem to indicate that the Earth may have been visited by extra-terrestrials in the past, and humankind (and life in general) may have been helped by them. For example, one evidence was that of an ancient model plane somewhere. When they blew up the model to bigger dimensions, it flew!

Does anyone here think it is possible that an advanced civilization visited Earth in the past and influenced life (or evolution) somehow? What if they simply brought various species from other worlds to populate this planet? That would explain the lack of a coherent transitional fossil record for all life-forms (in the case of evolution), and substitute God as creator. Of course, this would not negate the need for an ultimate God/Designer for the universe.

Anyone share similar views? Or have alternative theories? I might start a different thread elsewhere, if that is more appropriate.

Thank You.

Jukia

Does anyone here think it is possible that an advanced civilization visited Earth in the past and influenced life (or evolution) somehow? What if they simply brought various species from other worlds to populate this planet? That would explain the lack of a coherent transitional fossil record for all life-forms (in the case of evolution), and substitute God as creator. Of course, this would not negate the need for an ultimate God/Designer for the universe.

total nonsense.

noguru

What do you think? I'm getting there! I'll have to practice later on this until I get it right. Thanks so much for your help I'm starting to understand now.

Michael

If only we could get some of the same progress in regard to the natural world.

Hedshaker

Hi All,

Sometimes I watch that show "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel. One of the guys on that show has really weird hair (stands up in all directions); he may have had an encounter! And they always begin the show with "What if it were true?" and then proceed to show supposed evidence. I digress...

Any way, some of the stuff they show is truly interesting, and seem to indicate that the Earth may have been visited by extra-terrestrials in the past, and humankind (and life in general) may have been helped by them. For example, one evidence was that of an ancient model plane somewhere. When they blew up the model to bigger dimensions, it flew!

Does anyone here think it is possible that an advanced civilization visited Earth in the past and influenced life (or evolution) somehow? What if they simply brought various species from other worlds to populate this planet? That would explain the lack of a coherent transitional fossil record for all life-forms (in the case of evolution), and substitute God as creator.

Erich von Daniken

Absolute bunkum by an absolute crackpot.

Of course, this would not negate the need for an ultimate God/Designer for the universe.

You are entitled to believe what ever you want by faith but that does not make it true. The only "need" is a wishful need in the minds of theists for their cherished beliefs to be true.

alwight

Michael
The problem with using my earlier post to practice with Michael, as you discovered, was that it contained an unused " [/QUOTE]" which unfortunately now this one does too :doh:.
If you want to respond to this post then you must either delete or modify it somehow to "[/QUOTE*" (say) just so that the site software doesn't close this quote prematurely. Alternatively simply select a post where someone isn't desperately trying to explain the quote function using examples. :rolleyes:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Life transportation.......

Life transportation.......

Hi All,

Anyone share similar views? Or have alternative theories? I might start a different thread elsewhere, if that is more appropriate.

Thank You.

Hello SOT,

I offer some of my insights thru-out this thread summarized here (see all live-links in blue underline), which does touch upon the Billy Meier teachings from an ET source about the laws of creation, which you may find of some interest. The theory of life being transplanted here by ET's holds in various schools, and you are correct that such a concept does not negate an all-supreme, central Intelligence of universal Deity existing at the heart of all, being the originating principle behind creation :) There is 'panspermia', the theory of life being spread from planet to planet by meteoroids, asteroids, comets and planetoids. - but the view that intelligent ET's or angels (cosmic beings) assisting in starting life on various biological worlds takes it a step further ;)

Nice to have a fellow hindu aboard,....I moderated our older 'Hinduism' thread here, but its no longer extant, as many of our older threads were erased in the last server upgrade, and I also had a thread on 'ET theology' as well, featuring teachings on the metaphysics of 'creation/evolution' in regards to the soul's part in such.

It will take a little while before you can access some of your 'contact' features (depending on few weeks time or how many posts you have). Other contact-mediums are facebook and yahoo messenger, - enjoy!

pj

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The problem with using my earlier post to practice with Michael, as you discovered, was that it contained an unused "
" which unfortunately now this one does too :doh:.
If you want to respond to this post then you must either delete or modify it somehow to "[/QUOTE*" (say) just so that the site software doesn't close this quote prematurely. Alternatively simply select a post where someone isn't desperately trying to explain the quote function using examples. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Dear Alwight,

You must know that I left in all of the [QUOTE/s you had typed in and added a close quote in a couple spots, to get a quote within a quote, etc. I will be referring to your email and see what I did to get a quote within and quote, within a quote. Thanks so very much for your efforts. I really do appreciate them.

Will chat with you again soon. That last post you sent me really opened my eyes. So no / at the beginning, but / at the end. Cool. It will definitely help me in learning this. I had no idea before.

God Bless The Essence Of You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear freelight,

I do not believe in ETs. From what the Lord has told me, it is something He has allowed to Satan to make people think that ETs created us instead of God's rendition of the story of Creation. God also allowed this when Jesus first came to earth and the Greeks and Romans started believing in other gods because they saw fiery flying chariots in the sky and that started a false god interpretation. You've noticed, by them not landing and showing themselves by now, that they are just a 'mirage.' You've noticed they've never (or hardly never) landed and come face to face with us humans. All we see is their ship. If they are more advanced, then they should figure that we wouldn't attack them if they wanted to land. Yes, I did see a UFO six months before I had the Lord God first visit me. I just thought angels were driving them. They took off at the speed of light. Hope this helps some.

(From Zeus, Aphrodite, and Medusa),

See what I mean.

God Be With You Buddy,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

What do you believe about ETs? Hopefully you agree with me. Has anyone out there seen one? Be honest!

Out of curiosity,

Michael

alwight

" which unfortunately now this one does too :doh:.
If you want to respond to this post then you must either delete or modify it somehow to "[/QUOTE*" (say) just so that the site software doesn't close this quote prematurely. Alternatively simply select a post where someone isn't desperately trying to explain the quote function using examples. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE*

Dear Alwight,

You must know that I left in all of the [QUOTE/s you had typed in and added a close quote in a couple spots, to get a quote within a quote, etc. I will be referring to your email and see what I did to get a quote within and quote, within a quote. Thanks so very much for your efforts. I really do appreciate them.

Will chat with you again soon. That last post you sent me really opened my eyes. So no / at the beginning, but / at the end. Cool. It will definitely help me in learning this. I had no idea before.

God Bless The Essence Of You,

Michael
The reason my quote ended early and the rest became part of your section was because you should have altered the "[/QUOTE*" example in my post (or deleted it) as I have here, as I suggested, because it caused my quote to end not the one at the actual end, which if you look was not used because it's still there.
None of this would be a problem in a more normal post where the quote sequence characters are not being demonstrated.

6days

Dear All,

What do you believe about ETs? Hopefully you agree with me. Has anyonafain Christisns. e out there seen one? Be honest
It seems quite clear in the Bible, God created life only on earth; not on Mars... never on Venus...never in any other place in the entire universe. There is however some evidence that there are spirit beings who decieve people.
There is a fairly prominent organization in the USA that investigated alien abductions. The head of that group was investigating why alien encounters are not common amongst born Christians. Joe became a Christian through his investigation.

noguru

It seems quite clear in the Bible, God created life only on earth; not on Mars... never on Venus...never in any other place in the entire universe.

Do you think the ancients knew what planets in the rest of the cosmos were?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the infinite..............

the infinite..............

It seems quite clear in the Bible, God created life only on earth; not on Mars... never on Venus...never in any other place in the entire universe. There is however some evidence that there are spirit beings who decieve people.
There is a fairly prominent organization in the USA that investigated alien abductions. The head of that group was investigating why alien encounters are not common amongst born Christians. Joe became a Christian through his investigation.

Can you prove the 'Bible' is a complete, perfect and only record of knowledge we have about the nature of reality or existence as we know it today, which would have to nullify the progressive movement of science (in all branches) as we know it today, if the original 'assumption' is held. I think not.

As far as there being ET civilizations and life in planets in outer space amid the infinity of space round about,...evidences and probablities of that can be found to exist, if you research hard enough. Extending the time and effort can pay wonderful dividends. To think we are the only inhabited planet in the entire cosmos of infinity is a bit 'myopic', to say nothing of presumptuous. I would direct you to my former thread on 'ET Theology' if it still existed,....but we may create a new one in due time.

pj

noguru

As far as there being ET civilizations and life in planets in outer space amid the infinity of space round about,...evidences and probablities of that can be found to exist, if you research hard enough. Extending the time and effort can pay wonderful dividends. To think we are the only inhabited planet in the entire cosmos of infinity is a bit 'myopic', to say nothing of presumptuous. I would direct you to my former thread on 'ET Theology' if it still existed,....but we may create a new one in due time.

pj

The odds, given the numbers I have seen, seem to be that there is probably life of some form out there. But can it travel far enough through space to actually come in contact with us. Assuming that any civilization out there has even advanced to the level we have in regard to space travel.

At any rate, I don't see much solid evidence that any extraterrestrial has ever landed on this planet, or flown through our stratosphere/atmosphere.

Humans might even be a unique aspect of the universe. Nature seems to be the likely culprit in bringing the level of intelligence/awareness to animals like dolphins and other primates. But to bring it to the level we see in humans seems to be a less than likely outcropping of natural events. Our level of intelligence can not be supported with exothermic animals. The mammalian form of nurture seems to also be a prerequisite in regard to advanced forms of intelligence. Then finally we have the change from quadrupedal to fully bipedal that we see in human evolution.

Also in regard to cranium size and getting the young through the birth canal, humans seem to be close if not at that natural threshold.

Another barrier from the other side seems to be the amount of time invested in nurturing helpless young. The more intelligent the animal in regard to learned behavior, when social behavior is also an issue, the more time will be needed to raise the young to an independent level. And of course to support that amount of brain function requires a more neurological material. And we are now running into the the previous threshold for a much larger brain at birth. If we start with a smaller brain then the brain needs to grow much more than in humans, then even more nurturing time is required.

6Days inadvertently stumbled upon research that is a direct response to the problem of having low numbers of births and greater nurturing time. In species like humans the effects of natural selection are short circuited by cultural norms. Human brain potential/effect basically puts humans outside the bounds of natural selection as something that weeds out negative mutation buildup in a breeding population. Other primates seem to have also gotten very close to that line if not surpassed it.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight, FraterJoseph, freelight, noguru, 6days...

Check out my newest thread on this TOL. It's called "God Creates Good and Evil." It might help answer a lot of questions, and rest the remainder of our questions. If man can know all of these things and still remain subservient to God, then they will make it and be with Him forever.

God's Blessings Be There For You,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

The only beings out there are the host of heaven, whom God created, and the servants of God, who were once people on earth. I also believe there was life on Mars at one time, so add those people to the pot too!

We will find evidence of water/ice on Mars too.

Choose Wisdom,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.