Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

Evolution is A belief system with No Bearing in Reality, and Is Being Perpetuated by a bunch of People, who Cannot Learn, even if the Information is Hand Fed to them, they Cannot Learn.

=M=

That's a Shame, Guess there is No Hope for the Wicked.
You haven't disproved evolution or natural selection. How do you justify your claim?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Mark,

I have it all on my External Hard Drive. I use that to b/u any and everything on my puter.

Thanks!

Michael

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Anyway; I know what you mean, I've started backing up information on my Flash Drive.

=M=

Once I felt Awkward, Just to know How It Feels.

:banana:

Last edited:

DavisBJ

There’s always someone who didn’t get the message

There’s always someone who didn’t get the message

A favorite refrain from creationists is that evolution is not falsifiable. For example, 6days said:
Evolution is not falsifiable and not a true science…
But then along comes DFT_Dave, who seems to be on the creationist team, and he posts:
Skull 1470 as originally dated falsified evolution.

--Dave
Sheesh. Dave, you really need to have your team call a time-out, and all of you agree on whether or not your position is going to be yeah or nay.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Six Days and I agree in Full, Except I see that Evolution has Fully been Disproved, Six days just probably Believes that if Something Doesn't Exist in the First Place, You can't Prove it Does or Doesn't.

So we Both agree that Evolution is Impossible.

So,

Why do you believe in Evolution?

=M=

Other than it was what you were Taught Growing Up.

Stuu

I'll field that one.

Because it is a word that describes the patterns to be found in the fossil record. Those patterns show descent with modification, which is another way of saying that the frequencies of gene occurrence in populations change over time. Those are facts, for which evolution is a covering term.

I believe in natural selection also, because it is the only explanation we have for the effects that we call evolution. It is based in evidence, contradicted by nothing, and makes testable predictions which turn out to be right.

I like to think the things I believe match reality as much as possible, and I am always keen to learn if it turns out that what I believe can be shown not to match reality. Please show me how I can improve that match, but if it involves you telling me about Imaginary Sky Friends for which there is no unambiguous evidence, or necessitates me accepting dogma that cannot be tested, then please don't bother. That's not an investigation of reality as far as anyone should be concerned.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I'll field that one.

Because it is a word that describes the patterns to be found in the fossil record. Those patterns show descent with modification, which is another way of saying that the frequencies of gene occurrence in populations change over time. Those are both facts, for which evolution is a covering term.

I believe in natural selection also, because it is the only explanation we have for the effects that we call evolution that is based in evidence, contradicted by nothing, and makes testable predictions which turn out to be right.

I like to think the things I believe match reality as much as possible, and I am always keen to learn if it turns out that what I believe doesn't match reality. Please show me how I can improve that match, but if it involves you telling me about Imaginary Sky Friends for which there is no unambiguous evidence, or necessitates me accepting dogma that cannot be tested, then please don't bother. That's not an investigation of reality as far as anyone should be concerned.

Stuart

Which Ones? Prove Evolution to you?

Because I'm not aware of Any Fossils, that Prove Evolution...
Or at least the Theory of Evolution that Tries to Explain where all the Varieties of Animals Came From.

Animals Have Proven to not Change, and they look the Same way containing all the anatomical Features that their Modern Descendants today Have.

How is that Observed Evolution?

=M=

They've Contained all the Anatomical Features that their Modern Versions do today. That Disproves Speciation.

Disprove Speciation, that Proves that New form of animal, Can't just Pop out of the Older ones.

Stuu

I believe that Evolution has been already Falsified, due to lack of Evidence.

=M=
It's no one's problem but your own that you have managed to avoid the evidence. But that doesn't falsify evolution.

What you need is to use a theory, say the theory of natural selection, to make a prediction then find the evidence that demonstrates the prediction to be wrong. A lack of evidence can't do that, you need evidence to falsify.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
It's no one's problem but your own that you have managed to avoid the evidence. But that doesn't falsify evolution.

What you need is to use a theory, say the theory of natural selection, to make a prediction then find the evidence that demonstrates the prediction to be wrong. A lack of evidence can't do that, you need evidence to falsify.

Stuart

What Evidence?

=M=

What Evidence, Proves Evolution is True to you, and Allows you to Believe in it as if it Were Reality?

Would you believe me that Animals don't Speciate, if an Animal is Supposed to have stayed the Same, for Over 450 Million years?

Yes it's A Loaded Question, I have One in Mind, Would that Disprove that things can Change into a Different form, if a Modern animal Is Supposed to have Stayed the Same, Since Before most Dinosaurs Existed, according to the Fossil Record?

Or is your Mind Like Barbies, Full of PreExisting Bias, that doesn't allow you to Change your Beliefs, even if Presented with Obvious Evidence to the Contrary of Your Beliefs.

Stuu

They've Contained all the Anatomical Features that their Modern Versions do today. That Disproves Speciation.
There was a time, between 68 million years ago and 66 million years when a genus of herbivorous ceratopsid dinosaur called triceratops walked the earth. That species didn't exist before 68 million years ago, and didn't exist after 66 million years ago.

If speciation isn't real, then please explain the appearance and disappearance of tricetratops in the fossil record.

Disprove Speciation, that Proves that New form of animal, Can't just Pop out of the Older ones.
No one ever said that new animals pop out of old ones. I spent several paragraphs explaining that to you today, so what kind of game are you playing? It sounds to me like you are once again Paul's clanging bell in his letter to the Corinthians. You have no love for learning, all you want to do is tell lies for your god.

Stuart

Stuu

What Evidence, Proves Evolution is True to you, and Allows you to Believe in it as if it Were Reality?

Would you believe me that Animals don't Speciate, if an Animal is Supposed to have stayed the Same, for Over 450 Million years?

Yes it's A Loaded Question, I have One in Mind, Would that Disprove that things can Change into a Different form, if a Modern animal Is Supposed to have Stayed the Same, Since Before most Dinosaurs Existed, according to the Fossil Record?
Do you understand what makes species change over time?

You should, I've explained it to you often enough.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
There was a time, between 68 million years ago and 66million years when a genus of herbivorous ceratopsid dinosaur called triceratops walked the earth. That species didn't exist before 68 million years ago, and didn't exist after 66 million years ago.

If speciation isn't real, then please explain the appearance and disappearance of tricetratops in the fossil record.

No one ever said that new animals pop out of old ones. I spent several paragraphs explaining that to you today, so what kind of game are you playing to carry on as if I hadn't explained that to you already. It sounds to me like you are once again Paul's clanging bell in his letter to the Corinthians. You have no love for learning, all you want to do is tell lies for your god.

Stuart

Evolutionists Believe Man Came from Bacteria, Some New Form of animal Popped out of another, somewhere along the Way, if we Changed from a Micro Organism to a Completed Man, Through Small Changes by Mutation Through Reproduction.

=M=

That Triceratops was Created as a Triceratops, and Every type of Triceratops, had three Horns, until the Time it Went Extinct.

That Disproves Evolution all on it's Own, how Many Millions Of Years time Span can we Find Triceratops to be the Same Creature, Containing All the Same Anatomical Features?

Then it went Extinct, so there are No Descendants of it.

Almost like it Stayed the Same since the Day it was Created, till the Day It went Extinct. Which is why there are no longer Triceratops Alive, or any of It's Descendants, because it Went Extinct.

Last edited:

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand what makes species change over time?

You should, I've explained it to you often enough.

Stuart

Yep, mutation.

=M=

How Easy Is that to Say?

So, you have no Problem with an Animal that is Supposed to be 450 million years old, not Changing anatomically at all?

Why do you think an Animal would Stay the Same for the Same amount of time you think it takes to change a T Rex to a Chicken?

====================================

I guess I will Just Show you, so you can know what I'm Talking about; Just why have these Animals Remained Unchanged?

7 of the Many, "Living Fossils"; Vid Date March 16, 2014

Evolutionists, before finding the Modern Coelacanth, they Knew For Certain, that this was the Intermediate, or Transitional Fossil between Fish and Lizards. Not Now. LOL!!!

This Doctor Explains what I'm talking About; Vid Date May 22, 2013

Last edited:

Stuu

Yep, mutation.
Well no. Mutation is the random element, and natural selection is the non-random part. Natural selection is the degree to which a variation is fit for an environment, so if an environment changes it is likely that changes will need to happen in the species occupying that environment. If an environment doesn't change then there is no selection pressure exerted on a species, which will only change by genetic drift or sexual selection or some other mechanism.

So, are there some environments that have stayed essentially the same over the past 450 million years? There sure are. Are there environments that have changed? Yep. So, is it surprising that some species have changed in appearance and others haven't? No.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Well no. Mutation is the random element, and natural selection is the non-random part. Natural selection is the degree to which a variation is fit for an environment, so if an environment changes it is likely that changes will need to happen in the species occupying that environment. If an environment doesn't change then there is no selection pressure exerted on a species, which will only change by genetic drift or sexual selection or some other mechanism.

So, are there some environments that have stayed essentially the same over the past 450 million years? There sure are. Are there environments that have changed? Yep. So, is it surprising that some species have changed in appearance and others haven't? No.

Stuart

Yeah, that's what I don't believe, I don't believe Survival of the Fittest, will ever Lead to a New Form of animal, and that All the Animals Stay the Same Form, until they Go Extinct.

I believe Mutation, has only been shown, as a Destructive Force, or Making a Weaker Version of the Original Creature. I don't think that Mutation will Ever lead to a New Anatomical Feature. I just don't see how It Could. They Needed to, is what Every Evol says. Why does that Make Sense to you Guys?

If a Pear tree, runs low on Water, it doesn't become A Cactus, it just Dies.

=M=

DavisBJ

Six Days and I agree in Full, Except I see that Evolution has Fully been Disproved, Six days just probably Believes that if Something Doesn't Exist in the First Place, You can't Prove it Does or Doesn't.

So we Both agree that Evolution is Impossible.

So,

=M=

Other than it was what you were Taught Growing Up.
I realize you may want to answer for 6days, but since he pointedly said evolution was not falsifiable (he has actually repeated that claim multiple times), and you said it has been falsified, then pretty clearly you two have a divergence of opinions on the matter. If 6days wants to come in and retract his statements and jump over to your side, fine. Let’s see if he does.

I find even DFT_Dave has jumped back and forth over this fence:
And evolution is an un-seen, un-falsifiable science …
Maybe I can find a statistical correlation between the days Dave says falsifiable and the days he says not. Day of the week? Phase of the moon? Fight with his girlfriend (or significant other(s))? Wrong side of the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.