Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair

Old earth geology compromises the gospel, destroying the purpose of Christ's physical death and resurrection. If physical death was not a result of sin, the gospel message becomes garbled.

Let's try a thought experiment.
You tell a child: "I will be leaving the house for a while now. Do not, under any circumstances, touch teh aquarium. If you do, I will punish you with frugsmorp".

A. What are the chances that the child touches the aquarium?
B. Will the child understand what the punishment will be?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's try a thought experiment.
You tell a child: "I will be leaving the house for a while now. Do not, under any circumstances, touch teh aquarium. If you do, I will punish you with frugsmorp".

A. What are the chances that the child touches the aquarium?
Depends on whether the child loves the parent.
B. Will the child understand what the punishment will be?
Irrelevant.

Cross Reference

I believe the Old Earth account of a creation before Adam that was destroyed by God much as God will soon destroy the creation in which we exist and for the same reason He will destroy it.

chair

Actually, it is. And it is irrelevant because of what you ignored from my response.

You said it depends on whether the child loves the parent.
1. Not really. Anybody who has raised children knows that
2. If the child doesn't understand the threatened punishment, there is no point in the threat.

6days

Here's the point. If death did not exist before "the Fall"- then what would be the point of God threatening Adam with "death"? Adam would have no idea what that meant.
That argument must be in the revised edition of 'Atheism for Dummies"?
You seem to think God was capable of creating a fully grown man, but incapable creating him with knowledge?

Like many atheist arguments....its jut another illogical one.

6days

I believe the Old Earth account of a creation before Adam that was destroyed by God much as God will soon destroy the creation in which we exist and for the same reason He will destroy it.
You believe it.... but that is not what Jesus believed; search His teaching, and you will see Jesus was a young earth creationist.

chair

You seem to think God was capable of creating a fully grown man, but incapable creating him with knowledge?

Consider yourself punched in the nose. I am fed up with being called an atheist because I don't agree with stupid fundamentalist notions.

chair

Jose Fly

My thought line was that males determine whether their offspring are male/female.

Not when it comes to cloning, where the offspring is a genetic copy of the parent. So if Eve was a clone from Adam's rib, she would be a genetic copy of Adam, complete with Y-chromosome.

Whatever man can do, it'd be silly for a skeptic to think God couldn't.

Well that's the luxury of writing stories with gods in them. Because they're gods, you can have them do anything.

Being that a rib was used, you'd think a scientist would be checking human rib DNA to do better science....at least, the very least, looking into it.

What do you think might be in "rib DNA" that wouldn't be in the DNA found elsewhere in a person's body?

Point here: Dolly wasn't cloned by magic .

No one has said otherwise.

In the end, does it matter whether there is a Y chromosome passed on? Science can't figure out how to do that at least theoretically? Okay, God has something over on them then. Why get lost in details? (again all good natured, nothing that warrants a reply but as the muse grabs you)

You are quite unique Lon.

Cross Reference

Not when it comes to cloning, where the offspring is a genetic copy of the parent. So if Eve was a clone from Adam's rib, she would be a genetic copy of Adam, complete with Y-chromosome.

Well that's the luxury of writing stories with gods in them. Because they're gods, you can have them do anything.

What do you think might be in "rib DNA" that wouldn't be in the DNA found elsewhere in a person's body?

No one has said otherwise.

You are quite unique Lon.

Dolly came on the scene by accident..

Jose Fly

And somewhat useful for showing dinosaurs existed far less than 45000 years ago.

Again, only if you are the type of person who when confronted with an extreme outlier among a wealth of other congruent data, says "Go with the outlier generated by misusing a method, and throw out all the rest of the data".

But I guess that's what creationism forces you to do.

Jose Fly

I also notice no creationist answered my question from yesterday. Let's try again...

I also have one more question for the creationists here: Do you guys have anything new?

I ask this because....well, let's be honest here....pretty much all the creationists arguments that have been posted here aren't all that new and many of them are quite old. That's important because as anyone can tell just by looking around, none of those old creationist arguments have had any impact on science at all. In fact, rather than even nudge science more towards creationism, the trend is, has been, and continues to be in the opposite direction.

So if none of these old arguments have had any impact on science whatsoever over the last say....100 years, what makes the creationists think they will now?

It's like creationists are saying "I know this moon recession young-earth argument hasn't gone anywhere or accomplished anything in at least 50 years, but maybe if I repeat it here at ToL it will!!"

And if that's not what your mindset is, then why are you rehashing old ineffective creationist arguments? Shouldn't you be working on coming up with something new?​

Rosenritter

I also notice no creationist answered my question from yesterday. Let's try again...

I also have one more question for the creationists here: Do you guys have anything new?

I ask this because....well, let's be honest here....pretty much all the creationists arguments that have been posted here aren't all that new and many of them are quite old. That's important because as anyone can tell just by looking around, none of those old creationist arguments have had any impact on science at all. In fact, rather than even nudge science more towards creationism, the trend is, has been, and continues to be in the opposite direction.

So if none of these old arguments have had any impact on science whatsoever over the last say....100 years, what makes the creationists think they will now?

It's like creationists are saying "I know this moon recession young-earth argument hasn't gone anywhere or accomplished anything in at least 50 years, but maybe if I repeat it here at ToL it will!!"

And if that's not what your mindset is, then why are you rehashing old ineffective creationist arguments? Shouldn't you be working on coming up with something new?​
This creationist is moving between houses at the moment. I know you love me but we have to be apart for a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.