Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Cowboy's STDs and Indians' Cancer

Wednesday June 8th, 2005. This is show # 113.

PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
To the extent Judeo-Christian nations or cultures were influenced by Scripture...to that extent they were stronger and they were better. And so it was a clash of cultures and the American Indians lost that clash. Now, for those who say I don't care, the American Indians were right and everbody else was wrong, well then, just satisfy yourself with the revenge that the American Indians have had on the rest of the world. Because the Indians introduced the white man to tobacco. And how many people die a year from tobacco? Right now it's over 4 million people a year around the world. Tens of millions of people have been slaughtered by the Indian's revenge.

JoyfulRook

How is that remotely related to Howard Stern? He didn't say anything sexually demeaning to women. He didn't say anything racist. What he's saying is that everyone has done evil things to each other and you don't need to subsidize a people which your country mistreated hundreds of years ago.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This guy is saying that tobacco is some kind of Red Man's Revenge. This is beyond ludicrous.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
granite1010 said:
This guy is saying that tobacco is some kind of Red Man's Revenge. This is beyond ludicrous.
Read it in context. It's just a humorous jab at bleeding heart, blame-America-first liberals. He's saying, "Look libs, the American Indians got their revenge, albeit unintentionally. It's called lung cancer for the white man. Are you happy now? Now go away and find something else to blame western civilization for."

Sheeze! Lighten up granite.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
Read it in context. It's just a humorous jab at bleeding heart, blame-America-first liberals. He's saying, "Look libs, the American Indians got their revenge, albeit unintentionally. It's called lung cancer for the white man. Are you happy now? Now go away and find something else to blame western civilization for."

Sheeze! Lighten up granite.

Or it could just be tasteless humor. Different strokes and all that.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who stepped on your toes, granite? Usually, the only people who would get upset about something like that are liberals. I'm 1/2 American Indian and I took it as the joke it was meant to be.

Granite

Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
Who stepped on your toes, granite? Usually, the only people who would get upset about something like that are liberals. I'm 1/2 American Indian and I took it as the joke it was meant to be.

Nobody did really, my fault for not taking it in context. On the other hand when it comes to Jefferson you can never be too careful.:noid:

Yes, Jeff, I am being facetious.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:

Take it as a joke rather than use it as an opportunity to slam Enyart? Did you forget who it was you were responding to?

beanieboy

Actually, he is stating karma.
We were stronger, we killed them, and now, many of us are dying of cancer.

But he blames it on the Natives. I say that it's karma. Thewhite man brought it upon themselves, and continued to with deceit of how it wasn't harmful, and wasn't addictive.

Indian used it in ceremony, not a sit and drink beer and go through a pack a day thing.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Nobody did really, my fault for not taking it in context. On the other hand when it comes to Jefferson you can never be too careful.:noid:

Yes, Jeff, I am being facetious.

But, he took a quote directly from the show. How can that be blamed on Jeff? And, like I said, when I listened to the show, I knew that Bob was joking.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Actually, he is stating karma.
We were stronger, we killed them, and now, many of us are dying of cancer.

But he blames it on the Natives. I say that it's karma. Thewhite man brought it upon themselves, and continued to with deceit of how it wasn't harmful, and wasn't addictive.

Indian used it in ceremony, not a sit and drink beer and go through a pack a day thing.

Bob doesn't blame it on the "Natives." I don't blame it on karma. I say that we have a choice to smoke or not smoke, knowing all of the risks. I smoke. I know the risks of smoking. It is my decision to continue smoking. So, if I get cancer or emphysema, how is that karma since I am 1/2 Indian? Half my ancestors were Indians. The other half were not involved in the land runs or forcing the Indians onto reservations or giving them infected blankets.

Granite

Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
But, he took a quote directly from the show. How can that be blamed on Jeff? And, like I said, when I listened to the show, I knew that Bob was joking.

Ah. There's the rub. Got no audio at work so couldn't listen to the real deal.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:

Well, the fact that it's stated "Pertinent quote of the show" should have clued you in that it was from the show and not from Jefferson.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:

Look at the top of the page. It says "TheologyOnline Forum>>Politics and Religion>>Bob Enyart Live>> Cowboy's STDs and Indians' Cancer." This is the BEL Forum of TOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.