Couple must pay lesbian couple $1500 each, on top of 10K fine

GFR7

Some men believe if a woman doesn't believe that shes only to be mans doormat, it means shes a feminist.
That is ridiculous and awful. Equity feminism - the idea that women are equal to men - is something I support fully.

The kind of radical stuff I mean (Andrea Dworkin, that type of radical lesbian) is much, much different than normal feminism.

mighty_duck

Their web site said it before they now decline all weddings because of this. Why do you think they allow gay receptions but not weddings, if they were only renting a space? The entire issue is that THEY refuse to perform them.

For the same reason the Colorado baker who refused to make a gay wedding cake, and the New Mexico photographer who refused to shoot at a gay wedding.

They felt they were metaphorically participating in the event, and then were forced to pay very non-metaphorical compensation to those they discriminated against.

I think I'll take that bet of yours :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That is ridiculous and awful. Equity feminism - the idea that women are equal to men - is something I support fully.

The kind of radical stuff I mean (Andrea Dworkin, that type of radical lesbian) is much, much different than normal feminism.

I agree, but some men still lump any woman who doesn't believe he can lord himself over them or that hes a master of the universe, is a feminist. I do believe youve seen that kind of behavior happen on this board, havent you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
For the same reason the Colorado baker who refused to make a gay wedding cake, and the New Mexico photographer who refused to shoot at a gay wedding.

They felt they were metaphorically participating in the event, and then were forced to pay very non-metaphorical compensation to those they discriminated against.

I think I'll take that bet of yours :)

ok :) since its happened already and the hosts won. You are comparing the wrong thing - there is a huge difference in allowing a venue to be rented and marrying someone.

If you were right (youre not) all pastors would be required to perform same sex weddings if they ever received any compensation for performing a wedding (most receive compensation for it) and there is already a state law there that states it doesnt have to be done.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

mighty_duck

there is a huge difference in allowing a venue to be rented and marrying someone.
Exactly!

If you were right (youre not) all pastors would be required to perform same sex weddings if they ever received any compensation for performing a wedding (most receive compensation for it) and there is already a state law there that states it doesnt have to be done.
Which is exactly why pastors aren't successfully getting sued for doing something against their religion, while venue owners,bakers or photographers are getting their behinds handed to them in court.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Glad you realize that, they werent renting spaces for weddings they were performing them, they rent spaces for receptions, they hosted weddings in their home themselves, and now will no longer do so for anyone.

They even offered the pervert women the ability to use their space for their reception.

Which is exactly why pastors aren't successfully getting sued for doing something against their religion, while venue owners,bakers or photographers are getting their behinds handed to them in court.

I just proved you wrong. See the links i provided.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Again though, the Giffords are still providing a venue for receptions for same sex couples celebrating their unions, and they're receiving compensation for it. If they felt that strongly about not being a wedding venue, I have to wonder why they're okay with being the reception venue where bride and bride or groom and groom are celebrating their marriages.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Again though, the Giffords are still providing a venue for receptions for same sex couples celebrating their unions, and they're receiving compensation for it. If they felt that strongly about not being a wedding venue, I have to wonder why they're okay with being the reception venue where bride and bride or groom and groom are celebrating their marriages.

Marrying someone and renting a space to someone for any party isnt the same thing. Renting a space isnt hosting or providing the party.

Do you think they should close altogether and not have a business?

GFR7

So... you smoked what skybringr was smoking, but you didn't inhale?
Sorry. Radical feminist like Andrea Dworkin proclaim that ALL heterosexual sex - ALL heterosexual intercourse even between loving married couples with children - is ALWAYS rape.

Sick , sick, anti-life stuff.

Sorry. Ain't gonna defend it. Nope. No way.

GFR7

Glad you realize that, they werent renting spaces for weddings they were performing them, they rent spaces for receptions, they hosted weddings in their home themselves, and now will no longer do so for anyone.

They even offered the pervert women the ability to use their
space for their reception.
:jawdrop:

I just proved you wrong. See the links i provided.
Atta girl, Angel. :BRAVO:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Marrying someone and renting a space to someone for any party isnt the same thing. Renting a space isnt hosting or providing the party.

Do you think they should close altogether and not have a business?

Of course not.

I'm saying I find it interesting that they're profiting off a same sex union.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sorry. Radical feminist like Andrea Dworkin proclaim that ALL heterosexual sex - ALL heterosexual intercourse even between loving married couples with children - is ALWAYS rape. Sick , sick, anti-life stuff. Sorry. Ain't gonna defend it. Nope. No way.

But you patted skybringr on the back for his anti-woman sentiment, none of which had anything at all to do with Andrea Dworkin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To allow the celebration of what is, in their eyes, an abomination.

What services do they provide? What do they create for them to aid them? Nothing, those having the party have to set all that up themselves. They deny what they have to perform which would be celebration.

Can a hotel refuse guests because of what might go on in it? No they just rent the space. They arent aiding or celebrating.