Comments on Bob Enyart's Proposed New US Constitution

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, to start anew: do you believe that it is in the best interest of the American people to establish a Christian Theocracy as the basis of our government?
How about you start a fresh new thread asking that very question and we can go from there OK?

My next question is, does this emoticon look like an Asian caricature of Uncle Sam to you? :sam: Every time I see it I start laughing.
:ha: Uncle Sam's... they all look alike!

:mock: :sam:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can't separate one from the other. It is the law, covenant comes into it that is why we are new covenant people. Of course murder is wrong, the NT is quite clear on that. CS Lewis states that the thing that separates Christianity from all other religions is grace. I'm seeing a lot of belittling and little grace. BTW I am a senior Pastor and former missionary to Africa and have taught Bible and theology at the tertiary level. I am certainly not an expert in everything and am a very fallible human being but I also know that I serve a savior that loves everyone including the sinner. Your wanting to install a Christianized shariah lacks the grace CS Lewis so eloquently spoke about.

Love is a character trait seldom seen. Even in the Christian realm.

Visit: Ron's Bloviating
Let's see if we can back up a step and see if we can reach some agreement.
Can we agree that these three things are and should be crimes?

Murder
Stealing
perjury

Just a reminder, I did not ask you if they are wrong! My question is, Shouldn't every well functioning government recognize these three acts as crimes?

Glenda

Except the name of Enyart's book where this "Shadowgov" fantasy become reality is called "The First Five Days: The Rebirth of America". Please don't downplay it as a theoretical government of a hypothetical country. It is about Enyart's idea of enforcing what he believes to be God's law in the United States.

It was never about starting ones own country. He (and you I assume) would like to see this scenario takes place here and now. Would you not?

I truly hope that if the shadowgov link is Enyart's idea of God's Law, that Enyart re-reads God's Law and sees that God's Law commands society to financially support the poor and needy etc instead of unGodly desire to try to force everyone to support themself. The linked document is a very harsh, materialistic objection to all that Jesus taught and tramples the merciful aspects of God's Laws.

Glenda

I do, but apparently you do not.

There is "the Law" and there is God's criminal justice system. And between the two there is some overlap. The Mosaic Law was a covenant between God and His people (Israel) which included things like.... no work on the Sabbath, circumcision on the 8th day etc. Nobody is advocating that the mosaic law be enforced.

Instead, what is being advocated is that God's criminal justice system be enforced i.e., all the things in the Bible that are criminal according to God that are not solely part of any dispensation or covenant (i.e., not just a religious ordinance).

I assume you think murder should be illegal, correct?

Selfish people who do not support the poor are wicked criminals according to Jesus ... check his teaching about the rich man and Lazarus. Jesus also constantly commanded his followers to give to the poor. The linked paper objects to God's Word.
Jesus also commanded forgiveness and to not condemn. Again the linked papers object to God's Word.
Do people really wish to embrace direct opposition to God's Word?
Seems mammon and lovelessness are popular.