Coitus Interruptus... Flirty Turtles, Fossils and the Flood

6days

Silent Hunter said:
6days said:
Scavengers, bacteria and oxidation destroy beached whales.
Really? All of them without exception? No possible way for it to happen?
Yep..... Unless they are rapidly covered in sediment protecting it from oxidation and scavengers.
Silent Hunter said:
6days said:
Special conditions must exist for something to become fossilized. And we seldom if ever find something in ocean sediment that is in the process of being fossilized. Yet, throughout the world we have some areas where sea creatures have been almost perfectly preserved in fossil form, including soft tissue.
You've got not even wrong down to a, ahem, science.
Your inability to refute the statement is noted.
Silent Hunter said:
I think you're mistaken
Naturally. It's because you are unwilling to follow the evidence....unwilling to allow a Divine foot in the door.
Silent Hunter said:
The tissue isn't still soft, it is simply fossilized in such a way that the tissue pattern is apparent.
Ha..... It is funny the things evolutionists will say in order to reject the evidence.
Silent Hunter said:
6days said:
(quoting a secular journal)
"My initial hypothesis was validated by a consistent and worldwide pattern." And this pattern included "rapid entombment of soft-bodied organisms in sediments" . .He also assumes the conditions that must have existed in a "global ocean". The author also says a cause would be "rapid entombment" by "bottom-flowing density currents."
No way it could have happened except in th type of flood you favor? Right?
You have been answered many times. The consistent world pattern is evidence of the global flood.
Silent Hunter said:
6days said:
So... your answer is a large flood... that rapidlyburies and preseves them in sediment? That is the short version of the global flood model. Its the evidence we see around the world.
Yeah, except ....
So you agree it fits the evidence of the global flood model...and all we need to do now is agree on dating fossils. See.... It wasn't so hard.
Silent Hunter said:
the evidence suggests the event that buried the turtles happened 500,000,000 years ago. Please reconcile that with a supposed global flood that you say happened 4,500 years ago that buried the turtles.
Nope... You don't understand evidence. (and, I think you meant 50 million.).
Silent Hunter said:
....no one has ever seen a catastrophic flood? Who, besides the mythical Noah, saw the global flood you claim?
Hunter.....perhaps no one has ever seen you posting in TOL. But, we believe you do..... There is evidence.
Silent Hunter said:
You are so afraid to shatter your carefully constructed little fantasy you can't bring yourself to look at any evidence that is contradictory.
Ha... You made me laugh out loud. The evidence is consistent with the global flood model. It is you who keeps making goofy, non scientific suggestions. (Beached whales do not turn into fossils)
Silent Hunter said:
The global flood model is the best explanation for the evidence.
....It is a possibly explanation
Yup..... That's what Stripe and I have been saying all along.
Perhaps review what the OP says...
Observations
1. A catastrophic event (flood) must have rapidly buried these turtles in sediment before they had a chance to cease and desist.
2. Fossilization happened rapidly. They are extremely well preserved.
3. Thousands of exquisitely preserved fossils are in the same area including "insects and feathers (birds) that still have hints of their original colors.”
4. The turtles are very similar to turtles that exist today, (the Carettochelys insculpta) although the fossilized ones are much larger.
The observations are all expected within the creation / flood model. God's Word is absolute truth, and the world around us supports His Word.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even a local flood?
What do you mean "even"? Have you not been following the conversation? Floods do not form fossils.

You agree with this, remember? Or, at least most of the time you do.

The turtles are preserved in sediment. Something catastrophic seems to have killed and preserved them.
It certainly wasn't a flood, at least not anything like what we see today.

No. Except for your deceitful manipulation of my sentences (something you are famous for) I have never said otherwise.

Floods do deposit sediment/minerals that do form fossils.

Perhaps you could point out how it is deceitful to quote you. :rolleyes:

Really? And you know this because of your extensive experience studying floods and how much sediment they are able of carrying and depositing?
It doesn't matter how I know it; what matters is whether it is true.

We know why you want to talk about nonsense.

What I want to explore is the evidence for the mechanism as to how the turtles were buried.
But you don't want to look at the fossils. How are you supposed to do science without looking at the evidence?

Please explain how the evidence for how fossils form applies to the evidence for how the organism first became buried.
Being buried is the first stage of fossilization. What you're asking is akin to: How does jumping off the bridge lead to getting wet?

:rolleyes:

That's what Stripe and I have been saying all along.
Perhaps review what the OP says...
Observations
1. A catastrophic event (flood) must have rapidly buried these turtles in sediment before they had a chance to cease and desist.
2. Fossilization happened rapidly. They are extremely well preserved.
3. Thousands of exquisitely preserved fossils are in the same area including "insects and feathers (birds) that still have hints of their original colors.”
4. The turtles are very similar to turtles that exist today, (the Carettochelys insculpta) although the fossilized ones are much larger.
The observations are all expected within the creation / flood model. God's Word is absolute truth, and the world around us supports His Word.

Hard to argue with that. :up:

6days

Silent Hunter said:
6days said:
Hunter.... Do you know what evidence is? Evidence is things like fossils..... Galaxies....DNA.....mutations, etc.

Evidence always supports the Biblical account.... Always.
... except when it doesn't. Creationist ALWAYS ignore evidence that conflicts with their carefully constructed fantasy.
Fossils are dated by science to be MILLIONS of years old... ignored.
Galaxys are determined by science to be MILLIONS of light years distant... ignored.
Hunter... I asked if you know what evidence is.....your answer reveals that you don't. You don't seem to understand the difference between evidence and interpretation.
Re fossils..... Soft tissue in Dino's has been dated at 28,000 years. Evolutionists say it is 70 million years. Can you see the difference between evidence (the fossil) and the dating (interpretation).

Science always has been, and always will be consistent with God's Word.