climate change

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just as anyone who proposes another theory aside from 'man made global warming' to fit the data is condemned as a denier regardless of whether the theory is more justifiable ....

As I said before, the fact that the hoax supporters want to end all debate, and claim it is "settled" is proof it's not.

The only people who are afraid of debate are those who cannot defend a myth.

rexlunae

As I type this, it's 28 degrees here in Pittsburgh. The all time record low for November 2nd and November 3rd is 26 degrees.

Could break the record in a few hours.

Must be all the CO2 trapping the heat.

Back to confusing weather for climate, I see.

Selaphiel

It is funny to watch how the deniers here refuse to learn the difference between weather and climate and the difference between peer reviewed scientific papers and sensationalist magazine and newspaper articles.

Rocketman: If you are so certain that scientists predicted cooling in the 70s. Why are you unable to present us with the scientific papers that predicted it? Why do we have to rely on newspaper clippings? You do understand the difference between a newspaper and a scientific journal? It is simply a historical fact that the number of scientific papers that predicted cooling were outnumbered by papers predicting warming in the 70s. And as you can see from the graph (which is based on a metastudy), the number of papers that predicted warming compared to cooling increased a lot from 74-80 (and that consensus has only increased after that):

1970s_papers.gif

(Source: http://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/131047.pdf)

It is simply wrong to claim that most climate scientists predicted cooling in the 70s. And you have been presented with this fact (with reference to actual metastudies) and you continue to say the opposite (without reference to anything that even remotely resembles a scientific study). At this point, the only thing that you are demonstrating is your own dishonesty and will to lie to protect your point of view.

Reference scientific papers and data and show that you at least understand the difference between the concepts of local weather and global climate. Climate change deniers are no different from the idiots that argue against the theory of evolution. They have no real understanding of even the most basic concepts of the theory, because if they actually honestly studied it, they would be compelled to accept it and their bias does not allow for that.

tetelestai said:
(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation goes and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever.

I don't listen to Chicken Littles, my authority is the Word of God.

This might be the dumbest contribution to the thread so far . You think this is an actual argument?
Even if it was, climate change does not predict that the earth will be destroyed, it predicts that the outcomes of this climate change will eventually lead to catastrophic changes that will affect millions upon millions of lives. That the so called "pro-life" right-wingers oppose the clear science that demonstrates climate change just shows how hollow their pro-life stance really is. They are only pro-life to the extent that it concerns issues that have no effects on themselves. You would rather see the livelihoods of millions of people be destroyed to avoid maybe paying a bit more taxes and change your overabundant lifestyles even a little bit. And you dare to invoke the word of God to defend that immoral behavior?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Back to confusing weather for climate, I see.

Do you want me to show you all the quotes from the man made global warming hoax advocates from the last decade about how the record high temperatures proved global warming?

Did you not see the quote I provided from the PBS website?

BTW, there were record lows in Miami, Daytona, and Orlando FLA last night.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is funny to watch how the deniers

No, what's funny is how the Chicken Little climatologists have to go back and adjust historical data in order to make their hoax believable by suckers like you.

Are these the "peers" you refer to? People who have to go back and change data from over 75 years ago?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This might be the dumbest contribution to the thread so far .

There was no doubt in my mind that when I quoted the Bible you would think it was foolishness.

(1 Cor 2:14) The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, .....

The man made global warming hoax is nothing more than a tool for the Communists of the world to have power.

The IPCC is run by Communists.

There is nothing Biblical about Communism.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The man made global warming hoax is nothing more than a tool for the Communists of the world to have power.

Aren't you guys supposed to compare scientists to Hitler? Or are there new talking points out there?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No takers?

Here is what happens when junk science is embraced by a large portion of the 'scientific' community and political classes:

Eugenics, the science of improving the human race by scientific control of breeding, was viewed by a large segment of scientists for almost one hundred years as an important, if not a major means of producing paradise on earth.

Must have been a long time ago:

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, even at the urging of hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with an overwhelming present evil.
Charles Darwin The Descent of Man

And his followers, like Punnett and Morgan, showed that eugenics were not only morally wrong, but also scientifically wrong. The entire idea is based on faulty assumptions and an ignorance of genetics. Which didn't stop right wing theorists from continuing to push the idea. This is the premise of The Bell Curve, a far-right polemic against the "inferior." But for science it was dead a long time ago.

Selaphiel

There was no doubt in my mind that when I quoted the Bible you would think it was foolishness.

(1 Cor 2:14) The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, .....

Nothing is more predictable than the will of fundamentalists to distort scripture with mindless proof texting in order to attack others. 1 Corinthians 2 is no defense of being an ignorant person, as in being ignorant of facts about the world. It is about the mystery of God revealed on the cross, that God's power was revealed in weakness, which went against the wisdom of Greeks and Romans that God's power is a greater version of the power of rulers.

Citation of Ecclesiastes 1:4 is no less ignorant. It is not a literal cosmological statement.

There nothing godly about your immoral denial of facts that will impact the lives of millions upon millions of people. The only ungodly thing here is your out of context proof-text invocation of the word of God to justify your own immoral denial of reality and, by implication, the lack of concern for the people it will affect.

As I am watching you reply to questions you are just a prime example of what happens when someone starts pulling at a thread, the whole thing just unravels. Your insane conspiratorial nonsense is noted, it is completely irrelevant.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Rocket does it again...
Record Lows have outpaced record highs almost 2 to 1

You were fooled by another bait and switch. They gave you the record for a part of the United States instead of the entire country, much less the world. Here's the location of record highs and lows for April of this year.
april-2014-global-land-and-ocean-temperature-percentiles1.gif

As you can see, worldwide,record highs greatly outnumber record lows.

If you like, I can probably find the other months. Would you like me to do that?

At some point, is that going to make you angry enough to start thinking for yourself?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There has never been a society that advocated a "flat earth". "Flat earth" is a strawman made up by Progressive Liberals.

The Flat Earth Society (also known as the International Flat Earth Society or the International Flat Earth Research Society) is an organization which aims to promote the idea that the Earth is flat instead of an oblate spheroid. The modern organization was founded by Englishman Samuel Shenton in 1956[1] and was later led by Charles K. Johnson, who based the organization in his home in Lancaster, California. The formal society was inactive after Johnson’s death in 2001 but was resurrected in 2004 by its new president Daniel Shenton.[2]

The ideas of the society are widely seen by accomplished scientists as pseudoscientific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Flat_Earth_societies

You guys aren't unique. There are creationists, and UFO buffs, and Birthers, and Geocentrists, and so on. Never underestimate the ability of humans to believe weird things.

Christ's Word

Rocket does it again...

You were fooled by another bait and switch. They gave you the record for a part of the United States instead of the entire country, much less the world. Here's the location of record highs and lows for April of this year.
april-2014-global-land-and-ocean-temperature-percentiles1.gif

As you can see, worldwide,record highs greatly outnumber record lows.

If you like, I can probably find the other months. Would you like me to do that?

At some point, is that going to make you angry enough to start thinking for yourself?

I was in the Florida Keys, this April and May, and the temps were much cooler than normal, your map is an outright lie. What a joke. The fact that you believe anything that comes from tax funded idiots is beyond stupid. Not only was the air temp lower than average the water temps were as well.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There nothing godly about your immoral denial of facts that will impact the lives of millions upon millions of people.

There were over 50 million people exterminated by Socialits/Communists/Marxists the last century.

Yet, you want to give Communists control of the whole world.

Maybe if you weren't so ignorant of what would have happened if Cap & Trade passed the US Senate, and if the Chicago Carbon Exchange was in place, you wouldn't be so duped by Communists.

Or maybe you are a Communist yourself.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that you believe anything that comes from tax funded idiots is beyond stupid.

Yep.

The people that supply these "facts" have an agenda.

Just a few weeks ago the CDC (Center for Disease Control) published a report that 20% of all women in the USA have been raped.

All the Main Stream Media reported it, and the White House confirmed it. However,Fox News and other real journalists investigated the report.

One of the questions to the women surveyed was "Did you ever have sex while drunk and/or on drugs?". If they answered "yes" the CDC counted that as rape.

Another question to the women was "Did you ever have sex with a guy who promised you something (like marriage), but didn't keep his promise after you had sex with him?" If they answered "yes", the CDC counted it as rape.

This rape report by the CDC is a perfect example of what "tax funded idiots" call "facts".

The man made global warming hoax proponents are no different. It's why they have to go back and adjust temperatures from over 75 years ago.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I was in the Florida Keys, this April and May, and the temps were much cooler than normal,

You've confused weather and climate. As you see, record warm temps greatly outnumbered record cold temps this year.

your map is an outright lie.

And when they run out of everything else, they always say; "everyone is lying, except us."

(edit: forgot that some of you start calling rational people "communists.")

It's very transparent. When are you guys going to wise up?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Just a few weeks ago the CDC (Center for Disease Control) published a report that 20% of all women in the USA have been raped.

Um "raping the environment" is just a figure of speech. Thought you might want to know that before you do anything that might cause you some embarrassment.

Selaphiel

There were over 50 million people exterminated by Socialits/Communists/Marxists the last century.

Yet, you want to give Communists control of the whole world.

Now you are just embarrassing yourself. Accepting scientific facts that demand action does not make one a communist. I have not made a single communist statement, I have merely argued for the accuracy of the observations of professional scientists within a specific field. These observations demand action unless you are willing to admit that the lives and livelihood of millions of people is of no concern for you. That does not make one a communist. If you think that is the case, the we have also established that you are absolutely clueless about political theory as well.

Maybe if you weren't so ignorant of what would have happened if Cap & Trade passed the US Senate, and if the Chicago Carbon Exchange was in place, you wouldn't be so duped by Communists.

Or maybe you are a Communist yourself.

I am afraid that I am no communist. Nice try from you though. You have realized that your profoundly ignorant criticism of climate science has no effect on anyone who is capable of doing 2 minutes of fact checking by themselves, so now you try to deny reality by attempting to correlate accepting scientific fact with holding political stance.
About as intelligent as those who try to equate affirming the theory of evolution is equivalent of being a supporter of eugenics.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Um "raping the environment" is just a figure of speech. Thought you might want to know that before you do anything that might cause you some embarrassment.

It's to show that people in the government will twist and distort whatever they have to in order to purport their agenda.

The CDC is no different than NOAA or the IPCC.

As I stated earlier, the IPCC is run by Communists.

UN climate chief: Communism is best to fight global warming