Classical Radio Programs

the Sibbie

Classic Educational Programs from the days of Old Time Radio Especially for Homeschoolers....... or anyone with kids that would be interested. :D

ATTENTION TOL MOM'S AND DAD'S:
These radio programs are excellent for entertaining the kids while you are posting on TOL!! :thumb:

My mom sent me this link. Although, the programs have small technical defects, it's still great for kids that perfer listening rather than reading.

:doh: Here's the link: Homeschool Radio Shows

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um.... There's something missing from your post. I can't quite seem to put my finger on it... :think: :chuckle:

Sozo

Originally posted by Turbo

Um.... There's something missing from your post. I can't quite seem to put my finger on it... :think: :chuckle:

It's just a "small technical defect".

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Turbo

:doh: :doh: :doh:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:sibbie: :sibbie:

:madmad: :madmad: :madmad:

:bang: :bang:

:chz4brnz:

:dead:

Ok, I added the link....Thanks Turbo! :eek:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: Classical Radio Programs

Originally posted by the Sibbie

These radio programs are excellent for entertaining the kids while you are posting on TOL!!
:think:

:turbo: :baby: :baby: :baby: :sibbie:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I prefer Howard Stern. :bannana:

Although he isn't broadcast in Nashville. :rolleyes:

So I listen to Glenn Beck. :D

Christine

Originally posted by BillyBob

'Even Me'?????

Why do I get the feeling I was just insulted....? :noid:
No, :eek: not insulted. I was just stating that someone who claims to be conservative politically isn't being consistent in listening to Howard Stern.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Howards politics lean more toward the right than you may realize.

He is pro death penalty.
Pro free enterprise.
Pro freedom of speech.
Pro personal responsibility.
Pro American.
Pro Capitalism.

He voted for GW Bush.

Christine

Howards politics lean more toward the right than you may realize.

He is pro death penalty.
Pro free enterprise.
Pro freedom of speech.
Pro personal responsibility.
Pro American.
Pro Capitalism.

He voted for GW Bush.
There's more to being conservative than just those few issues. The vast majority of people who consider themselves to be conservatives honor and respect individual rights. Howard Stern has no respect for a woman's individual rights. He doesn't hide his obsession with sex and often trys to get female guests to discuss the issue, even if it is apparent their uncomfortable discussing the issue. This is not the behavior of a conservative. :down:

Christine

Originally posted by SOTK

Christine,

Have you listened in on the Howard Stern show?
:shut: No, I have not, but I have heard and read some about it. I do not believe not listening disqualifies me from commenting. ;)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Christine

:shut: No, I have not, but I have heard and read some about it. I do not believe not listening disqualifies me from commenting. ;)

No, it doesn't disqualify you from commenting, but it does severely limit your knowledge of the subject matter.

I listened to Howard for 10 years, he's a comic genius.

I know his politics very well, in fact, I lived in New York when he was a candidate for Governor there. He is more Conservative than you realize, regardless of his 'sexual humor'.

Christine

No, it doesn't disqualify you from commenting, but it does severely limit your knowledge of the subject matter.
Yes, I understand where you're coming from, but there are some things I wouldn't want to listen to, even to refute. FYI: I have heard very brief exerpts.

I listened to Howard for 10 years, he's a comic genius.
Doesn't say much about his morals.

I know his politics very well, in fact, I lived in New York when he was a candidate for Governor there. He is more Conservative than you realize, regardless of his 'sexual humor'.
I have heard of the actual way he's treated women. It's not sexual humor, it's sexual harrassment. If he wants to comment on politics, fine. Whether I agree with him or not, he has his right to free speech. But when he starts getting sexually explicit, it's going to far. Billy, do you support Stern's sexual remarks?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Christine

Yes, I understand where you're coming from, but there are some things I wouldn't want to listen to, even to refute.

OK. I have no problem with that, whatsoever.

FYI: I have heard very brief excerpts.

I assume the excerpts you heard were chosen deliberately for their content.

Doesn't say much about his morals.

No it doesn't say anything about his morals either way.

I have heard of the actual way he's treated women.

I've heard him do it. The women are there because they choose to be.

It's not sexual humor, it's sexual harassment.

The women are there on their own accord. They choose to be with Howard and knew what to expect.

If he wants to comment on politics, fine.

That is a primary function of his show.

Whether I agree with him or not, he has his right to free speech.

Yes.

But when he starts getting sexually explicit, it's going to far.

Says who? How do you determine what is too far?

Billy, do you support Stern's sexual remarks?

I usually have no problem with them, it's all in fun. I find it a bit sophomoric most of the time and don't enjoy that stuff as much as most of the other material Howard 'performs'.

I certainly support his right to make those remarks. I also support the rights of the women to appear on his show if they want to.

It's all about freedom.