what are you going to do now? -

whatever I can do -

you mean whatever you can get away with? -

don't know what that is -

why do you stay? -

it's my job

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Arguing with a woman is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize the pig enjoys it."

I'd lots rather argue choices.

:D

I've never wrestled with a pig in the mud, so I can't say if that's true.

Sometimes things just need to be said - and yes, sometimes it's fun saying it (can't possibly deny that) - but what man can't say the same thing?

So why isn't the saying just as easily that "arguing with a man is like wrestling with a pig in the mud?

theophilus

I've never wrestled with a pig in the mud, so I can't say if that's true.

Sometimes things just need to be said - and yes, sometimes it's fun saying it (can't possibly deny that) - but what man can't say the same thing?

So why isn't the saying just as easily that "arguing with a man is like wrestling with a pig in the mud?

I think us women are more prone to argue about things and I think we learn it when we're very young. We can't out muscle the boys so we out mouth them.

:)

And wrestling in the mud can be fun.

:smack:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I think us women are more prone to argue about things and I think we learn it when we're very young. We can't out muscle the boys so we out mouth them.

And wrestling in the mud can be fun.

:smack:

Sorry, I don't agree with you at all. :chuckle:

Never in my whole life did I think I needed to "out mouth" a boy or a man, and it's a fact that there are more male posters in internet forums than female. I think you're not giving men enough credit for enjoying a good discussion/debate/argument/however you want to frame it, and you're unnecessarily discrediting your own gender, and your own self.

And no, I'm not saying that to be contentious for its own sake. You're a friend, and I appreciate you, but I don't always agree with you. :)

theophilus

Sorry, I don't agree with you at all. :chuckle:

Never in my whole life did I think I needed to "out mouth" a boy or a man, and it's a fact that there are more male posters in internet forums than female. I think you're not giving men enough credit for enjoying a good discussion/debate/argument/however you want to frame it, and you're unnecessarily discrediting your own gender, and your own self.

And no, I'm not saying that to be contentious for its own sake. You're a friend, and I appreciate you, but I don't always agree with you. :)

My quote above was an attempt at humor.

Most men debate; most women argue.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Never in my whole life did I think I needed to "out mouth" a boy or a man, and it's a fact that there are more male posters in internet forums than female.

Me neither ... it's not about out mouthing off, but rather having the right to voice my concerns and opinions. That right doesn't change based on the gender of the person I am addressing ... however, the tone in which I address them is reflected by how they have chosen to address me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Me neither ... it's not about out mouthing, but rather having the right to voice my concerns and opinions. That right doesn't change based on the gender of the person I am addressing ... however, the tone in which I address them is reflected by how they have chosen to address me.

Agreed. Regardless of gender, everyone has a right to express their thoughts, and I've always been fascinated by the different and unique ways I've seen people express their beliefs and opinions online, and give a glimpse of their personalities, which can come through remarkably well over time.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed. Regardless of gender, everyone has a right to express their thoughts, and I've always been fascinated by the different and unique ways I've seen people express their beliefs and opinions, and give a glimpse of their personalities, which can come through remarkably well over time.

Respect is earned, not owed, regardless of gender.