chrysostom’s 2014 annual awards

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
what are you doing here town?

2014: 1018 posts, 22213 views, 21.8 views per post

your credibility is not so good
Well, no. The thread continued past the point where the post noting the total was found. Simple as that.

In fact, I noted in the current threat:

...2014: 1,018 posts, 22,325 views, 21.9 per post average. So it wasn't as horrible relatively, while falling in general.

musterion

maddest of the year 2014

and the nominees are:

Angel4Truth
Army of One
assuranceagent
chickenman
Clete
DAN P
death2impiety
Delmar
Glorydaze
Grosnick Marowbe
heir
Hilston
Jerry Shugart
john w
Knight
Lighthouse
Maximeee
MrDeets
musterion
Nick M
PKevman
Random
Right Divider
Robert Pate
SaulToPaul
Servo
steko
Stripe
Tambora
The Graphite
Tico
Turbo
Vaquero45
voltaire

and the winner is....

I'm impressed you managed to alphabetize the list.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you made the post today
with misleading numbers
No, I made today's post with accurate numbers then included an older post from toward the end of 2014 offered to observe a pattern beginning with the pruned thread. I included a link to that purpose.

If I'd thought about it I would have cut it off at 2013 then included my earlier post of the day where I set out 2014's numbers.

Nothing nefarious about it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How did you come up with you number, TH?
Here's what happened.

I posted the current numbers on the 2014 thread and noted they were lower than the 2013 thread and that the numbers on his "awards" thread had declined every year. The figure I posted to make that note wasn't the figure he's complaining about.

Chrys said it was just that 2013 was a great year for the thread and that's why 2014 had looked poor by comparison.

I then posted an old post made during the latter stages of his 2014 thread that contained the numbers for 2011, 2012, 2013 and at that point and time current 2014 figures.

I was never skewing the figures on 2014. I'd already posted the updated figures. Did that first.

The point of using that earlier post was to demonstrate that the problem wasn't 2013 being a great year, that in fact it was a year declining from 2012, which had declined from 2011.

So he's just wrong in his complaint.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, I made today's post with accurate numbers then included an older post from toward the end of 2014 offered to observe a pattern beginning with the pruned thread. I included a link to that purpose.

toward the end of 2014?

it was from 15 july 2014
and
the thread ended 17 july

2014: 993 posts, 13,531 views, 13.6 per post view average. (from your post)

2014: 1018 posts, 22213 views, 21.8 views per post (as of yesterday)

how do you explain this?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
toward the end of 2014?

it was from 15 july 2014
and
the thread ended 17 july

2014: 993 posts, 13,531 views, 13.6 per post view average. (from your post)
I don't really know except that the post was made at the time and you didn't say a peep about it at the time so both of us appeared to be okay about it then.

That said, I'm the guy who put the first revised figures for 2014 in this thread and noted the earlier post containing figures on each award thread from the beginning to demonstrate a fairly steady decline that had nothing to do with 2013 being a strong year. I think that's why you're trying so hard to not notice that outside of the one total neither of us had a problem with back in 2014 when it was published, the rates and figures are on track and make my case/refute your attempt to contextualize in a way that just isn't supported.