BANNED
Banned
shirley_jones-partridge.jpg
don_knotts01.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I see them as hate
I think it probably depends on who's doing it and their maturity level. I don't hate anyone here, not even Sod. I can't imagine why people invest that much emotion into disagreement with relative strangers on an internet forum.

red marks come from those who hate
Maybe you feel that way because that's what it would mean for you. But one of the things you should know by now is that other people have their own contexts and ideas and not everyone thinks about those red marks like you do.

so
I don't really want to see their posts either
Oh. I only put people on ignore if I don't think they have anything to say I'd be interested in hearing and/or if their only way of responding and interacting with me is to be trollish...because life is too short.

I'm considering hurling SD and rainee onto that pile any old day now. It would likely be better for everyone if I did.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
well they should
:think: They shouldn't about mine and there's part of the problem I touched on. You have to be willing and able to get outside of your own expectations, have to be able to see a context that isn't yours.

red marks
and
unkind remarks hurt
Okay, but you make those. Everyone does to some degree. And I'd imagine that most people feel pushed to it or justified when they do.

Don't you? Because everyone is the hero of their narrative, unless they've decided to be something else.

is this really a christian forum?
Mostly, in terms of membership. Largely, in terms of the membership's actions. But not always, in that context. And who expects that?

And why aren't they out gathering stones? :think:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
have to be able to see a context that isn't yours.

why does that remind me of those who wonder why the muslims hate us so much?

do you really care?
is it really necessary to know why?

all that is necessary to know
is they hate us
and
will try to kill us

do I have to understand why they hate catholics?

no

I am here to defend the Church
and
I don't care who hates us
or
why they hate us

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
why does that remind me of those who wonder why the muslims hate us so much?
They don't. Some do. The Arabs hate us for the same reason they hate nearly every Western power. We used them in WWII and then either continued to do so and/or propped up monstrous regimes who did.

It's funny how that will turn a people sour. That reputation spread among a great many Muslims. The whole Christian/Muslim dynamic didn't help.

do you really care?
is it really necessary to know why?
Yes and it depends on what you want as the outcome.

all that is necessary to know
is they hate us
and
will try to kill us
If you're going to war, sure. If you want more than that, you need more information.

do I have to understand why they hate catholics?
I don't think they all do, but if you don't want to understand it can look as though you're a bit blinkered.

Suit yourself...but I don't see what this has to do with neg rep. Unless you think the Muslims are going to over run TOL and start neg repping the stew out of everyone identifying as Chrstian. 'Cause I can tell you Knight will put a cap in that post haste. :plain:

I am here to defend the Church
From whom? And can you do that when you're not even in agreement with it? And where you aren't in agreement would you say your difference constitutes attacking the church?

and
I don't care who hates us
or
why they hate us
You'd make a good militant Jew or Arab Muslim. They don't care either. They just keep on killing and rending garments.

:idunno: Doesn't seem to have worked out well...over the centuries.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you're going to war, sure. If you want more than that, you need more information.

you want a nice neat war?
sorry
that is not going to happen

you don't know where or how the next attack will come
and
it will be an invasion of privacy
if
you try to find out
so
lets all sit back and wait to see if they really hate us

in the mean time the christians will fight among themselves
and