chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
... when someone accused of something they didn't do or intend can with a simple declaration set the matter right and they don't, the reasonable, rational conclusion is that the best case reading isn't correct.

Either that or they find value in allowing people to think the worst of them.

Matthew 27
1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death:

2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.

11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

12 And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.

13 Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?

14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think that Sod insinuating that chrys kept silent because he understood it was God's plan that he be metaphorically martyred is...let's say stretching things a wee bit. :plain:

Or, Christ died for our sins.

Chrys doesn't even post for our entertainment.

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
the governor marvelled greatly.

Sounds like Obama!

ap_obama_jan_brewer_lt_120125_wblog.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
maddest of the year 2013

and the nominations are:

Nick M
Stripe
Lighthouse
Vaquero45
DAN P

this is a mad forum
many of us never heard of mad prior to coming here
they are not clearly identified
but
they should be
so
it is our job to recognize them

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Town demonstrates how the chief priests and elders would have argued:
....his silence where a reasonable man would protest or a decent man clear up a matter that was causing dissent and pain to some speaks to either a bad intent or a disregard for others more broadly. Neither speak well of him.

Town mentions chrys' silence

how blissful it is around here when Town is absent - it's notably less rancorous when Town is silent

bybee

still open for nominations

I've learned a lot from "Mid-Acts" persons. Chickenman is one of the kindest, nicest and knowledgeable persons on TOL.

But I'm thinking of another award. How about "Most Welcoming to Newbies"?
I nominate Chrysostum.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On the nominations for MAD representative: cm is the best advocate MAD has when he's engaged on the subject and around, but I think it's unfortunate that chrys feels (within the context of his other awards) that the way to go here is to offer insult to people who don't toe his ideological line, especially given his views on reincarnation, which are anything but toeing the Catholic line.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've learned a lot from "Mid-Acts" persons. Chickenman is one of the kindest, nicest and knowledgeable persons on TOL.

But I'm thinking of another award. How about "Most Welcoming to Newbies"?
I nominate Chrysostum.

He use to be the *most* welcoming because he was actually genuine. Chrys has changed quite a lot, and not for the better.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway:

Did you work on :peach: your scrapbook yesterday?
7_20_8.gif
Nope. I don't think I've even managed fifty in any day since I've been here. Sod/resurrected routinely (since the summer vacation began for schools) approaches a hundred posts a day.

Anyone can verify it...or do what you did. :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't have a factual answer for you so I'm going to hypocritically engage in the sort of ad hom I routinely accuse other people of.
Fixed that for you.

and you're a pretend Christian :idunno:
No, I love Jesus. Have for years now, fight anti theists and witness to those outside of the Body.

I don't like people like you who try to use him as a club, a way of serving their personal malice. Like I said, you're a bad guy.