Christ's vs Mohammed's view of wives, in a photo

musterion

consider:

terror-attacks-map.png

how many of those do you suppose can be attributed to Islam?

He knows but don't care.

jsanford108

Bigots. Pure and simple.
Do you know any Muslims?

Have you read the Qu'ran or Hadith?

If you have, you will know that a "moderate Muslim" is simply denying what the Qu'ran actually says. (Which is okay for them to do, since they are lying to an infidel)

Look up Brigette Gabriel's talks on Islam. Read her story "Because They Hate."

Even the moderate Muslim agrees with the basic actions of Radical Islam and Sharia Law.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

chair

Now, I agree that extreme Islam is bad news. But I disagree on everything else. I do not think all forms of Islam are evil, nor do I think that all Muslims are evil. The facts support my beliefs. Your pointing over and over again to the extremists doesn't make the moderates go away.

Do you folks bother reading what I post?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
. . . Do you need me to quote parts of the Bible that can be used to show that "Consistent Christians" are bloodthirsty maniacs? Or can you find those verses yourself?
I would like to see those quotes, out of curiosity, because I don't think you're right.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned

Response:

Qur'an: "O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good"

Bible: "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression".

chair

I would like to see those quotes, out of curiosity, because I don't think you're right.

The classic NT text is Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Yes, yes, I know that this is interpreted to be metaphorical- but that is exactly the point. Why deny the Muslims to interpret their holy texts in a more positive fashion? Why insist that they must take it literally?

As far as the Old Testament is concerned (and a reminder: it is part of the Christian Canon), it is full of calls for violence and war. All of which can be interpreted and explained in many ways- but it is there. If you need examples, then you need to go back read the Bible. You can start with Joshua...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The classic NT text is Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Yes, yes, I know that this is interpreted to be metaphorical- but that is exactly the point. Why deny the Muslims to interpret their holy texts in a more positive fashion? Why insist that they must take it literally?

As far as the Old Testament is concerned (and a reminder: it is part of the Christian Canon), it is full of calls for violence and war. All of which can be interpreted and explained in many ways- but it is there. If you need examples, then you need to go back read the Bible. You can start with Joshua...
Thank you, and understand that modern Catholicism (half of Christianity) holds the office of the successors of St. Peter up as the Church's authoritative teacher on morals, and the papacy has thankfully withdrawn from the direct exercise of civil power over police and military operations (contra the crusades)---which is not an area where the popes are supernaturally gifted, like they are in teaching on matters of faith and morals. There is not enough room between the lines to interpret the Christian Bible militantly and violently, if you believe in the popes, and that's half of the Church, so we're halfway there. :)

jsanford108

It is not an insistence that Islam takes verses literally. The key difference is context. All examples of violence in the Bible have reasons for happening. For instance, most are viewed as acts of sin (aka: evil). Acts of war are committed after am aggressor has sought the destruction of God's people. At no point is violence encouraged against "infidels" for no reason other than they are not of God. Compared against the Qu'ran, where acts of violence are encouraged and not a part of a historical narrative, rather a call to action. Granted, there are details of Mohammed's war exploits (but the commands for violence against infidels are not exploits). These are the "eternal, unchanging words of Allah."

Also, the English translation of the Qu'ran is much "nicer." The original texts are quite graphic and do actually say it is okay to beat one's wife.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

musterion

Response:

Qur'an: "O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good"

Bible: "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression".

You're a stupid one, aren't you.

The context of the Bible quote you used his teaching in a church, not marriage.

The wives of Mohammedan men are not considered their equals, but their property.

You are dismissed.

chair

Are they allowed to drive cars and leave the house uncovered by a tarp?

Idiot.

In many countries the answer is yes. You did not bother reading my link:
Women as qadis[edit]
Although the role of qadi has traditionally been restricted to men, women now serve as qadis in many countries, including Egypt, Jordan, Malaysia, Palestine, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.[7] In 2009, two women were appointed as qadis by the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.[8] In 2010, Malaysia appointed two women as qadis as well. However, it was decided that as women they may only rule over custody, alimony, and common property issues, not over criminal or divorce cases, which usually make up most of a qadi's work.[9] In Indonesia, there are nearly 100 female qadis.[9]

musterion

In many countries the answer is yes. You did not bother reading my link:
Women as qadis[edit]
Although the role of qadi has traditionally been restricted to men, women now serve as qadis in many countries, including Egypt, Jordan, Malaysia, Palestine, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates.[7] In 2009, two women were appointed as qadis by the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.[8] In 2010, Malaysia appointed two women as qadis as well. However, it was decided that as women they may only rule over custody, alimony, and common property issues, not over criminal or divorce cases, which usually make up most of a qadi's work.[9] In Indonesia, there are nearly 100 female qadis.[9]

Operating cars. Uncovered faces. Alone in public unaccompanied by legal owner or male relative. Unbutchered genitalia. No threat of honor murder or acid in the face.

Keep trying.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
You're a stupid one, aren't you.

The context of the Bible quote you used his teaching in a church, not marriage.

The wives of Mohammedan men are not considered their equals, but their property.

You are dismissed.

Response: The word "church"or anything synonymous to it is mentioned NOWHERE in the verses before or preeding it in the Bible. So your excuse that the verse refers to church is utterly foolish and shows stupidity on your part.

And the wives of Muhammad (pbuh)were treated with the utmost in respect and love. Debunked. Try again.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
He raped a 9 year old child.

Response: From the same source that says she was loved and treated kindly and she grew to be a leader and scholar. So of she was raped then by your own logic, rape is a great thing. Thus exposing your own perverted ideology. Not Muhammad (saw).

musterion

Response: From the same source that says she was loved and treated kindly and she grew to be a leader and scholar. So of she was raped then by your own logic, rape is a great thing. Thus exposing your own perverted ideology. Not Muhammad (saw).

Good to know you favor men raping 9 year olds.