Christians are supposed to be kosher?

daqq

applied to people only
Exo 20:24

Jews were under roman rule, which is why Jesus was crucified
and not stoned to death Act 7:58

The only thing you have shown is that you continue to see all things according to the eyes and mind of the flesh carnal man nature which Paul calls the "old man" and spirit of the world. Have you not read what he states twice concerning Deut 25:4? It pertains to you, O fatling of Bashan. :crackup:

way 2 go

The only thing you have shown is that you continue to see all things according to the eyes and mind of the flesh carnal man nature which Paul calls the "old man" and spirit of the world. Have you not read what he states twice concerning Deut 25:4? It pertains to you, O fatling of Bashan. :crackup:
I have shown you to be wrong

whatever.gif

daqq

I have shown you to be wrong

Do you really suppose giant image files of wild animals make your point? So far you have only shown that you do not understand the passage you quoted, (Exodus 20:24) as a "proof" text. The reason you do not understand is because you do not uphold the Testimony of Yeshua and the doctrine which is derived from that full Testimony. Neither will the vail that is over your heart, mind, and eyes, when you read the Torah, Prophets, and Writings, be removed until your heart turns to the Father as Paul clearly states in 2 Cor 3:14-16 KJV. Seeing how this has already been explained some three or four times now I am simply going to paste it from another recent post in the thread called the Beasts of Daniel:

If you understood the Law according to the Testimony of Yeshua you would likewise understand what was already said as well as what you put forth now. The sons of Israel are commanded to make a little miqdash-sanctuary, patterned after the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the reason for this is clearly stated; it is so that the Father will dwell among them:

Exodus 25:1-9
1. And YHWH spoke unto Moshe, saying:
2. Speak unto the sons of Yisrael, that they bring Me an offering: of every man that gives it willingly with his heart shall you take My offering.
3. And this is the offering which you shall take of them: gold, and silver, and brass:
4. And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and shesh-fine linen, and goats:
5. And skins of rams tanned adamim, and skins of tchashim, and shittiym-acacia thorn-wood:
6. Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense:
7. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8. And let them make Me a miqdash-sanctuary-chapel, that I may dwell among them:
9. According to all that I show you, according the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall you make it.

Which one is found in Daniel 8:11? Is it a miqdash-sanctuary, (see Ezekiel 11:16) or is it the Mishkan-Tabernacle? And what is ha-tamiyd from the same Daniel passage and its corresponding companion passages that mention tamiyd in Daniel? Tamiyd simply means "continual" and not necessarily the twice-daily "sacrifice" as it is generally rendered in most English translations. The Tamiyd concerns all of the tamiyd-continual holy things of the Mishkan Tabernacle which are the supernal holy things of the Father. Moreover the altar of adamah, (which is the earthen foundation-base of the bronze or brazen altar of sacrifice) is the altar of the heart because the first man-adam is taken from dust of the adamah-soil. The same is the adamah-soil of the heart from the Parable of the Sower. This is not new but rather hidden from the foundation of the world and revealed in Messiah, that is, by the Testimony of Messiah Yeshua. The altar of adamah is your heart because the man is the temple of Elohim:

Genesis 2:7a
7a. And Elohim formed man of the dust of the adamah

The sons of Israel are commanded to make an altar of adamah:

Exodus 20:24a
24a. An altar of adamah shall you make unto Me

The companion passage to Exodus 20:24a, by the contexts, is Deut 5:29a:

Deuteronomy 5:29a
29a. O that there were such an heart in them!

The adamah is the soil of the heart as revealed in the Parable of the Sower. The abomination of desolation takes place in the heart, just as it did with Judas "Sikariy", (whose name means "my price", Zechariah 11:12) who was a son of perdition according to typology and according to the Testimony of Yeshua, (John 17:12). The Father does not dwell in temple building structures made with the hands of men: never has, never will, (Isaiah 66:1-2, Acts 7:49-51) O stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! :chuckle:

:sheep:

True doctrine does not change whether concerning the Prophets, such as Daniel, or whether concerning topics such as this one. The altar of adamah from Exodus 20:24 is the altar of the heart, (in all places wheresoever the Father chooses to record His name and will come to bless His people). It is not my fault you care not to hear, believe, or understand the Psalms and Prophets concerning what it means to offer up bullocks, rams, lambs, or goats. Poor Ephraim, a corn-fed heifer and fatted calf who loves to tread out the grain but cannot understand a word of what he eats. :chuckle:

Ben Masada

When Messiah comes, who or what do you think he will be? An angel, a god, a demigod, an ordinary man?

None of the above. He will be a crowd of Jews returning from the four corners of the earth back to the Land of Israel. That's what the Messiah is. The Jewish People in general. If you doubt, read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord.

iouae

None of the above. He will be a crowd of Jews returning from the four corners of the earth back to the Land of Israel. That's what the Messiah is. The Jewish People in general. If you doubt, read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord.

So Jews don't expect a Messiah according to you?

Ben Masada

So Jews don't expect a Messiah according to you?

I can see that you have allowed the truth about the real Messiah call your attention. A great number of Jews still expect an individual Messiah to come. Many though have already adopted the banner of Prophet Habakkuk toward the understanding of the collective concept of the Messiah.

Now, the Logic of the matter is that, the individual cannot be the Messiah as the individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)

Elia

When Messiah comes, who or what do you think he will be? An angel, a god, a demigod, an ordinary man?

Bs"d

The messiah will be 100% human, he will not be God, he will not be divine, he will not be born of a virgin, but from the normal union of man and wife.

God will give him special powers, like all the prophets had, but he will be totally human.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15

rstrats

In Isaiah, before the new heavens and new earth are established, God speaks about a rebellious people which walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; a people that provoke Me to anger continually to My face, (65:2,3). One of the reasons these people provoke the Lord is because they eat swine's flesh, and broth of unclean meat is in their pots, (65:4).
Also, God declares that He will consume those people who eat swine's flesh, detestable things, and mice. (Isa.66:17). The context of this prophecy is the end times, right before the new heaven and new earth. This would certainly seem to suggest that the Lord will still expect an obedience to His dietary laws.

And Revelation talks of unclean birds which doesn't make sense if all animals have been made clean.

Ben Masada

In Isaiah, before the new heavens and new earth are established, God speaks about a rebellious people which walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; a people that provoke Me to anger continually to My face, (65:2,3). One of the reasons these people provoke the Lord is because they eat swine's flesh, and broth of unclean meat is in their pots, (65:4).
Also, God declares that He will consume those people who eat swine's flesh, detestable things, and mice. (Isa.66:17). The context of this prophecy is the end times, right before the new heaven and new earth. This would certainly seem to suggest that the Lord will still expect an obedience to His dietary laws.

And Revelation talks of unclean birds which doesn't make sense if all animals have been made clean.

Here, Isaiah's reference is to the new world order as a result of the New Covenant prophesied by Jeremiah with the House of Israel and the House of Judah in Jer. 31:31 at the end of the 70 years exile in Babylon.

way 2 go

Do you really suppose giant image files of wild animals make your point? So far you have only shown that you do not understand the passage you quoted, (Exodus 20:24) as a "proof" text. The reason you do not understand is because you do not uphold the Testimony of Yeshua and the doctrine which is derived from that full Testimony. Neither will the vail that is over your heart, mind, and eyes, when you read the Torah, Prophets, and Writings, be removed until your heart turns to the Father as Paul clearly states in 2 Cor 3:14-16 KJV. Seeing how this has already been explained some three or four times now I am simply going to paste it from another recent post in the thread called the Beasts of Daniel:
still haven't shown I am wrong
Exodus 20:13 people only

True doctrine does not change whether concerning the Prophets, such as Daniel, or whether concerning topics such as this one. The altar of adamah from Exodus 20:24 is the altar of the heart, (in all places wheresoever the Father chooses to record His name and will come to bless His people). It is not my fault you care not to hear, believe, or understand the Psalms and Prophets concerning what it means to offer up bullocks, rams, lambs, or goats. Poor Ephraim, a corn-fed heifer and fatted calf who loves to tread out the grain but cannot understand a word of what he eats. :chuckle:

so killing animals is not wrong

Lev 11:2 "Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth.
Lev 11:3 Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat.

and

Jews were under roman rule, which is why Jesus was crucified
and not stoned to death Act 7:58
Num_15:36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.