ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mouth Nana

Evee said:
Thanks, I am more comfortable in a small church and sunday school class too.
My church and Sunday school are so small that they are non-existant. It's called me and my bible. I quit going about 2 months ago. It was turning more into a social club then hearing a good sermon and singing songs. It just seems that I can't find a good church and stay in them for very long. Maybe I am to picky, but I feel that if I'm not getting fed, why sit there and starve every Sunday. I can fill up anytime that I want to at home anyway.
It's not a good idea to have a Christian forum as your church either. To many opinions of what "they" think, then what is biblical truth. If you aren't grounded in the Word, you can injest caa-caa thinking that it is correct just because it sounds good. I know a few people on CF that consider that forum their church.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Annabel Lee said:
Is that Robin Hood in your avatar?!
No, it's Green Arrow, form DC comics [the comic book company that brought us Superman and Batman]. Green Arrow is one of the most outspoken liberals in the DC pantheon.

no avatar

Big Mouth Nana said:
My church and Sunday school are so small that they are non-existant. It's called me and my bible. I quit going about 2 months ago. It was turning more into a social club then hearing a good sermon and singing songs. It just seems that I can't find a good church and stay in them for very long. Maybe I am to picky, but I feel that if I'm not getting fed, why sit there and starve every Sunday. I can fill up anytime that I want to at home anyway.
It's not a good idea to have a Christian forum as your church either. To many opinions of what "they" think, then what is biblical truth. If you aren't grounded in the Word, you can injest caa-caa thinking that it is correct just because it sounds good. I know a few people on CF that consider that forum their church.
For a long while I considered one of the forums I was on to be my "church" as there were no other believers of the same faith for hours driving time from my house. When the forum is geared to one specific faith, though, it is much safer for that to be considered OK.

Annabel Lee

Lighthouse said:
No, it's Green Arrow, form DC comics [the comic book company that brought us Superman and Batman]. Green Arrow is one of the most outspoken liberals in the DC pantheon.

Thank you!

Mustard Seed

no avatar said:
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. :bang:

It would probably surprise you to find out who I am and what church I spent most of my life in, fully understanding the truth of history yet maintaining a faith in the restoration that couldn't be shaken by any "fact" that came to light. I was able to grasp the truth about what happened in those formative years of the church and have a faith that wasn't built on false premises. The one thing that bothers me is people who feel they need to sugar-coat everything in order for it to be palatable, especially to themselves. If you ever looked the truth in the face, you would probably not be able to stand the sight of your own church.

God recently drew me out of the restoration (Praise His holy name!), but that doesn't make me an anti. I am not any more anti today than I was a year ago, even though I no longer believe in the church. I just am/was not ashamed to look the truth in the face. You should be so noble.

It makes sense that you're an apostate. You imply that I sugar coat things simply because I defend the Faith. I take issue with the act of constantly bile coating things. You can claim to have been 'drawn out of the restoration' by something you mistakenly figure to be the 'truth' if it is some other form of Christianity you've embraced then you have no foundation for claiming more or better logical and rational grounds for belief than you had in the Restored Gospel. The difference between you and I is that you look at truth in the faith and proclaim it a lie then turn to falsehood and say "Praise!" If you really apply those same criticisms that you applied to the LDS doctrine and do it to what you currently hold you will find yourself without any foundation in terms of rational, logic or true faith.

Last edited:

Mustard Seed

Lighthouse said:
no avatar-
Mustard Stain is a Mormon, and very argumentative. Not to mention, he barely makes any sense. That is why we have the ignore function on TOL.

It's hard for one to determine what is and isn't sensical when they have their head in those places that lighthouse's head frequents. The ignore button is the convenient path for the Cult of the Head in the Sand or for the philosophically adverse to any extended application of logic or rational. He can't intellegently respond so he resorts, like Sozo, to inane attempts to defame through name calling and other childish antics. All talk and no actual capacity to refute despite the endless talking.

Mustard Seed

ThankYouJesus said:
too funny.. mustard stain.. rotfl:

Be carefull with what you endorse. Those labels applied by the Saviour were defendable assaults with regard to the truth. With the same judgment that you extend, even with regard to what is and isn't funny, will be applied to yourself at some point. If mockery is justified at the clever alteration and defamation of someone's alias then you will be left without real defense when something you see as sacred or someone you care for is profaned by someone who thinks they're just making a clever, though juvenile, insult.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
It's hard for one to determine what is and isn't sensical when they have their head in those places that lighthouse's head frequents. The ignore button is the convenient path for the Cult of the Head in the Sand or for the philosophically adverse to any extended application of logic or rational. He can't intellegently respond so he resorts, like Sozo, to inane attempts to defame through name calling and other childish antics. All talk and no actual capacity to refute despite the endless talking.

I believe we should engage all men with biblical dialogue and to give a reason for the hope that is within us. There can come a time where further rejected light just brings more hardening. Ad hominem attacks are not helpful when anointed truth should be able to pierce the heart.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Mustard Seed said:
Be carefull with what you endorse. Those labels applied by the Saviour were defendable assaults with regard to the truth. With the same judgment that you extend, even with regard to what is and isn't funny, will be applied to yourself at some point. If mockery is justified at the clever alteration and defamation of someone's alias then you will be left without real defense when something you see as sacred or someone you care for is profaned by someone who thinks they're just making a clever, though juvenile, insult.

Hate to agree, but there is a need for respectful dialogue with those who claim to desire to follow Christ and His teachings. Speaking the truth in love can include rebuke, but it should not be immature, childish school yard banter.

ThankYouJesus

Mustard Seed said:

MS.. make a joke about my name or avatar.. had to already change it cuz someone already made a big thing about it so rather then confuse someone when it was a joke, I changed it.. man, do you get very personal.. and I am not a juvenile.. did that.. :rolleyes:

CaDan

Lighthouse said:

What he said. :D

I suppose eventually good ol' Hans will be making an appearance.

hans_kung_rainbow.jpg

Mustard Seed

ThankYouJesus said:
MS.. make a joke about my name or avatar.. had to already change it cuz someone already made a big thing about it so rather then confuse someone when it was a joke, I changed it.. man, do you get very personal.. and I am not a juvenile.. did that.. :rolleyes:

Why would I make a joke about your avatar? That would be blowing off my head to spite the top half of my body. I'm really not trying to get personal, simply to point out that our words, whether we are conscious of it or not, portray what is in our heart. What we say and do, or abstain from saying or doing, are reflections of who we are and can actualy change such as they are disseminated from our mouth and mind. I'm not by any means offended at your laughter in connection to LH's comments, rather I'm concerned for your welfare.

Also I wasn't calling you juvenile, simply labeling the act of LH in his distortion of my name. We all do juvenile things. I do them far more than I'd like to think about. I just think we should be ready to recognize and repent of our childish tendancies when they are not connected to those salvific atributes Christ attributes to youth. We need humility but such also entails remembering the following--

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

--1 Cor. 13:11

While this is particularly addressing the gender of the speaker I feel that it can be modified and applied to the life of any in the fairer sex who seek to follow his example in seeking out maturity.

ThankYouJesus

Mustard Seed said:
Why would I make a joke about your avatar? That would be blowing off my head to spite the top half of my body. I'm really not trying to get personal, simply to point out that our words, whether we are conscious of it or not, portray what is in our heart. What we say and do, or abstain from saying or doing, are reflections of who we are and can actualy change such as they are disseminated from our mouth and mind. I'm not by any means offended at your laughter in connection to LH's comments, rather I'm concerned for your welfare.

Also I wasn't calling you juvenile, simply labeling the act of LH in his distortion of my name. We all do juvenile things. I do them far more than I'd like to think about. I just think we should be ready to recognize and repent of our childish tendancies when they are not connected to those salvific atributes Christ attributes to youth. We need humility but such also entails remembering the following--

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

--1 Cor. 13:11

While this is particularly addressing the gender of the speaker I feel that it can be modified and applied to the life of any in the fairer sex who seek to follow his example in seeking out maturity.

ok no biggy agree to disagree on this have no bad feellings toward you :) bye

no avatar

Mustard Seed said:
It makes sense that you're an apostate. You imply that I sugar coat things simply because I defend the Faith. I take issue with the act of constantly bile coating things. You can claim to have been 'drawn out of the restoration' by something you mistakenly figure to be the 'truth' if it is some other form of Christianity you've embraced then you have no foundation for claiming more or better logical and rational grounds for belief than you had in the Restored Gospel. The difference between you and I is that you look at truth in the faith and proclaim it a lie then turn to falsehood and say "Praise!" If you really apply those same criticisms that you applied to the LDS doctrine and do it to what you currently hold you will find yourself without any foundation in terms of rational, logic or true faith.
There is a difference between defending the faith and telling out and out lies. If you had been defending the faith, I wouldn't have said anything at all. I just had to refute the lies.

No hard feelings. :wave2:

oftenbuzzard

Mustard Seed said:
If you really apply those same criticisms that you applied to the LDS doctrine and do it to what you currently hold you will find yourself without any foundation in terms of rational, logic or true faith.

Nothing like having the "rational & logical" foundation of a ...

..... BURNING BOSOM !

... as yer apologetic.

:crow2:Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.